[Bug] Ogre Pet Whistle [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jimmy Decay.4207

Jimmy Decay.4207

Bug Images

There is a bug with the ingame item, the Ogre Pet Whistle, in which the summoned creatures do not despawn appropriately.

(edited by Jimmy Decay.4207)

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Tarnish Coast Server, greifers are using push NPC bug to move animals around in Divinity’s Reach.

I included a pic, showing a Moa, Griffon and Bear pushed into a the Busted Flaggon.

This how they are moving the animals…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iWnBBm5Xs

Attachments:

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

Posted by: Seandaon.4086

Seandaon.4086

Certain locations in Divinity’s Reach appear to be filled with animals, which was never the case previously. Two I’ve found so far are Minister Wi’s Mansion and the Busted Flagon Tavern.

Posted by: Verica.5748

Verica.5748

There was a thread about this before and apparently it was deleted? It would be nice if we could have an explanation about that.

Posted by: Redphoenix.9560

Redphoenix.9560

Hi, I been wondering but there been a bug occuring around many place on Tarnished Coast server and wondering if it on other server has well, there been animals spawning inside:

Hunter lodge in Queendales Second, third floor and basement.
((actualy funny with the name having that bug))

The Busted Flagon in Divinity Reach.

The Minister Wi’s mansion in Divinity reach

The Maiden whisper in Dvinity Reach.
((although several hunter are collecting free pets there))

Someone told me the same issues happening in Hoelbrak but cannot name any location since got told none.

And when I say, friendly animals spawning, its not a little, but a zoo of a kind and a permanent one on that side has well..they dont seem to dispawn.

(edited by Redphoenix.9560)

Posted by: Phuriocity.9218

Phuriocity.9218

Apparently it’s a bug with some Ogre Pet Whistle or something.

Posted by: Abbyasaurus.4927

Abbyasaurus.4927

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one seeing this. Aside from the friendly animals (their names in green) spawning I also saw the boars around the Hunter lodge stuck in the ground. They don’t even move and all you can see is their heads poking up from the ground. You can’t click on them or attack them. (you can see it to the bottom left of my toon) I’m also on Tarnished Coast.

Attachments:

(edited by Abbyasaurus.4927)

Posted by: Redphoenix.9560

Redphoenix.9560

Ok, so basicly if I understand this all, Someone using the Ogre pet whistle bug to mass spawn creature that doesnt dispawn all over the roleplayers gathering spot in tarnished coast?

Anet, I do hope you will fix that bug before I am swiming in animals across tyria…because someone got the brilliant idea (sarcatiscly said) to just mass spawn stuff around.

Actualy I wonder if that bug can create an intensifying lag over time and make people crash when a limit of beast are put in same place……. Anet do fix this quickly please. before I gota put all my setting on low graphic…

Posted by: Galrenmar.7025

Galrenmar.7025

The Flagon has been absoutely full of animals for at least two days. There’s also a pair of animals in the Maiden’s Whisper. It makes for a lot of jokes, but yeah, it’s odd.

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Are you on Tarnished Coast? Apparently, these animals are used by RP’ers, and are generated by a bug with the Ogre Pet Whistle.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

I’ve not seen all these animals, but i do see floating boulders not very important though

Attachments:

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for the reports! This has proven to be quite the complicated bug (it’s actually multiple issues on our side); so we don’t have an estimate on when it will be fixed yet.

I’m afraid you’ll have to keep living with the animals for a while. :P

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Another issue is if you use the ogre whistle or the powder to summon an ember, often it will consume the item but not spawn a pet.

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

Thank you for the reports! This has proven to be quite the complicated bug (it’s actually multiple issues on our side); so we don’t have an estimate on when it will be fixed yet.

I’m afraid you’ll have to keep living with the animals for a while. :P

I’m sorry for summoning these animals, but I thought for sure you guys would’ve been able to fix it by now, guess I was wrong. It was all in a bit of fun, and they were supposed to be gone [today] with this update.

In return I will not make my zoo near the empty circus area near the Flagon while you guys deal with this bug.

I’m still saying you guys should make a zoo called ’Linnes Zoo (or Menagerie)" in future expansions.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

(edited by Linnes.2678)

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

Wouldn’t it be possible to simply disable the Ogre’s Whistle until a fix is attained? As well as clear up any animals enjoying the surfaces of Divinity’s establishments?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Linnes.2678

Two years later and I still don’t have my zoo, my poor animals.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The necromancer is strong in this one.

Linnes.2678

The necromancer is strong in this one.

Needs to happen! I was actually going back to this thread since I needed OP’s pics haha.