[Bug] Story progress erased

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I’m sorry if this has been posted, but I didn’t find it anywhere and it’s really bothering me.

I’ve got 2 characters who completed their personal stories before the quests were updated. However, their progress has been knocked back to the first quest of Chapter 7, and I can’t do it over it again, nor is there anything I can do (that I’ve noticed) to make it realize I’ve done all the quests.

Did this happen to everyone else, too? I’m just asking, as I’ve just returned from hiatus and I haven’t heard anything about this and it’s confusing me.

Attachments:

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: Dalwhat.2867

Dalwhat.2867

Yeah. I am up to Estate of Decay and yet my journal is frozen at the exact same point. It doesn’t seem to stop you progressing it just doesn’t recognise it in the journal. I have bugged it a few times over the last months since the sequence was rejigged but nothing seems to have changed or acknowledged.

Paddy Malone Human Level 80 Ranger
Also Level 80 Mesmer, Elementalist, Engineer, Thief & Warrior.

Posted by: Parae.3479

Parae.3479

My story is bugged on this step as well. I cannot reactivate it or go to the spot to enter the phase that the story piece takes place in.

My character didn’t have their story completed yet, but I was past that step. I also submitted a bug report but was never responded to.

(edited by Parae.3479)

Posted by: Kelari.2051

Kelari.2051

It appears my story line is bugged also. I had completed chapter 7 and part of chapter 8. Now it is showing that I have completed the first quest in chapter 7 and it is not allowing or prompting for any continuation. Filed a bug report tonight so we will see if I get any kind of response.

Posted by: ebuisman.3428

ebuisman.3428

I have the same on one of my characters as first I thought it was because of the Living Story as I had activated it on that character but after finishing Chapter 1 it instantly went on to Chapter 2 and I am not sure if I need to finish the entire Living Story season 2 first before it’s normal again.

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I’m sorry for the late reply.

I also had a character who was past this particular quest but not finished with the personal story. Their quest log is also stuck here and there’s nothing I can do. I too submitted a bug report a week or so before I posted here, but I don’t think they reply to those.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI