[Bug] Traps can be used twice

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

This has been bugging me for a very long time and nobody has ever said anything about it in the forums.

• Ranger abuse this exploit and they can use 8 traps at once instead of 4.
  • Guardian abuse this exploit and they can use 10 traps at once instead of 5.
  • Thief abuse this exploit and can use 6 traps at once instead of 3.

How to solve this?
Easy, just put a cooldown WHEN THE TRAP IS ACTIVATED NOT WHEN YOU ARM THE TRAP.

Please don’t fix this in 4 years from now, fix it on the next patch. Thanks!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So becouse they place trap and you wait to go on them untill ther cd is gone so they can place again after you triggerd its a bug?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Unless of course Anet doesn’t find this to be a bug but rather intended.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This isn’t a bug; it’s how traps work.

Is it balanced? Doesn’t seem like it to me, given how other skill types have been implemented. So I’d support ANet taking a second look.

All the same, I think you’d have better luck turning this into a suggestion rather than presenting it as a rant about something that isn’t clearly a bug.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Is it balanced? Doesn’t seem like it to me, given how other skill types have been implemented. So I’d support ANet taking a second look.

All the same, I think you’d have better luck turning this into a suggestion rather than presenting it as a rant about something that isn’t clearly a bug.

Ranger spirits once behave like the trap cooldown. The ranger would summon spirits and run around the map meanwhile the spirit cooldown time will reset and if the spirit died, then you could summon another spirit of the same type. Of cource anet patched it because it was a bug.

The same thing is happening with traps. It is an exploit that needs a fix fast.
A group of 5 guardians place 5 traps each on a point, if someone comes they will be hit with a total of 50 traps.

If that is not an exploitable game play then what is it?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s players figuring out how to get the most out of their skills, just like players have done since the first game.

But you’ve missed my point: what difference does it make what you or I call it? All you have to do is point out the issue and ask ANet to change it. Arguing with other players about whether something is a bug or an exploit isn’t going to get ANet to act more quickly (and there’s a good chance it will slow them down, since they have to read between the lines to figure out what’s at stake).

You’ve got a couple of posts up where you’ve pointed out an interesting discrepancy & keep tying the thread into knots trying to convince other players that the issue is dire or violates some fundamental principle of the Generally Accepted Rules of Fairness of MMOs (which, as you probably know, doesn’t exist).

So again, I recommend that you stick with stating the issue simply, without hyperbole: you want traps to go on cooldown after being triggered, rather than after being set. That would prevent three profs from getting double-use out of the skill type during initial contact with enemy players.

To me, that seems like a reasonable idea and I might support it. As it’s phrased above, it’s hard to agree because of the insistence for others to agree it’s a bug.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you feel it is an exploit, then you send an email to exploits@arena.net, rather than posting on the forums. (See front page of forum for verification.)

Good luck.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Ranger spirits once behave like the trap cooldown. The ranger would summon spirits and run around the map meanwhile the spirit cooldown time will reset and if the spirit died, then you could summon another spirit of the same type. Of cource anet patched it because it was a bug.

A group of 5 guardians place 5 traps each on a point, if someone comes they will be hit with a total of 50 traps.

No you would get hit by 25 traps and then another 25 if you dont move away before they are armed.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ranger spirits wasn’t changed because it was a bug…

The sprits are also very much different than traps.

You’re incorrect to call the thing with traps an exploit.

Perhaps instead of accusing this as an exploit, or assuming it to be a bug because you don’t like it, you make a suggestion for it to be changed?