[Bug] Update 5.2.2017: massive frame drops

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

Bug was reported in game, but figured I would add a thread in case anyone else is experiencing the issue.

System Specs
GPU: 1080 (Overclocked 15%)
CPU: i7-7700k (Overclocked to 4.8ghz)
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Maximus IX Hero (Not sure it matters but including it for thorough..)
Drive: NVMe M.2 Raid Samsung Evo (3k read/write)

Today’s patch has created a new issue with frame rates. Normally the game runs well above 130~ FPS and rarely dips below 90 FPS in intense situations. After today’s patch, I am seeing a solid 130~ FPS when standing idle, but when moving the camera (even up on the airship) I am seeing frame drops down into the low 20’s and below. This creates a very ugly stutter effect.

Please note, this issue did not exist prior to today’s patch and there were no driver changes on my system prior to the last time I played GW2 and updating experiencing this issue in the latest version of the game. (Unless windows ninja’d something again.)

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

My hardware isn’t half as awesome, but I have the same issues with the fps drops after the patch.

Caissech / Falásya

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Same here. Was doing T4 fracts, and party members also experiencing the same issue.

GPU: 1070gtx
CPU: i7 4790k
32gb of ram.

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Updated the latest nvidia drivers. Seemed to have smooth things out…

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I wanted to report back after the latest rounds of updates.

It looks like for the most part this issue has seen significant improvements. When on the airship on the bow and looking back towards the airship I still experience frame drops into the low 60s (down from 100+) BUT I believe this is less of an issue with changes in the code and more a natural consequence of trying to render so many high quality characters (NPCS and Players) at once. Still way better than dropping below 20s, and there are no more noticeable jitters or stutters so the experience remains smooth.

Overall, performance has significantly improved with the latest patches. Thank you ArenaNet!

(edited by Sondergaard.8469)