[Bug] Warrior Trait not working with new heal

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

Warrior’s trait in the Strength line, Restorative Strength (II), does not grant additional conditions removed for the new heal skill, Antitoxin Spray, despite the fact that the tooltip for Restorative Strength clearly reads: “Using a heal skill removes conditions.”

The additional conditions removed should be the same as it is for every other Warrior heal skill. (Chilled, Crippled, Immobilized, Weakness)

FluffyFox.2756

Nah, anet don’t hate warriors :P (I know you’re just being sarcastic). I don’t main a warrior, but my gf does, and we were both looking over the heals and comparing them, and we noticed that her trait doesn’t work with the new heal, which is clearly a bug.

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

probly cuase this particula heal only removes what it says it will remove makeing it uneffected by the trait

FluffyFox.2756

That’s not really how skills and traits interact with each other. Even if a skill says it only heals a specific condition, and then a trait modifies that type of skill to remove another type of condition, it would still apply, regardless of the fact that the original skill specifies only one thing.

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

So you want warriors to be able to remove how many conditions with 1 skill AND be healed?

FluffyFox.2756

:O Are you saying that other classes don’t have traits that modify their healing skills? Also, Warriors already have Mending, which cures 3 conditions and heals for more than Antitoxin Spray does… so, I’m not really sure that’s a valid argument. Wait… no, it’s not a valid argument at all. o.O This is simply a bug.

Funky.4861

I’m saying that most classes don’t have a skill/trait set up which remove 7 or 8 conditions and heals at the same time. Don’t u think that’s a little OP?

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Warriors are OP as it is, but a bug is a bug and needs a fix. This has to be tested if this principle also applies on other professions with healing-related traits (e.g. thief vigor on heal).

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

FluffyFox.2756

@ Funky: I agree that it might be considered unbalanced, but once again, Mending already heals for more, heals 3 conditions, and with the trait, heals 7 conditions all at once. I don’t see the problem in letting the other heal skill do the same.

@ Deathspike: Ah, if only I had some acrobatics on my thief, I’d test it myself :/ I’ll try to think of other classes that have traits that modify healing skills.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Healing traits should function with healing skills, period.

@FluffyFox:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_skill#Related_traits
All classes except Elementalist have access to a healing skill related trait. My guess is that many/all of those don’t actually work.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Funky.4861

I didn’t realise just how OP warriors really were, never having played one or pvp/ wvw much. This really makes me wonder why other classes even exist.

Well, i do believe that all on-(insert skill activation) should work as programmed so hopefully the warr trait will see a fix. Two 7-condi-wiping heal skills…omg…even necros don’t get that (supposedly the go-to condi-class).