[Bug] Winter Wonderland Candy Cane Bridge

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

This is very annoying bug that really needs to be fixed. I’ve lost over 15 runs to the fact that the candy cane bridge after the presents gives fall damage as you run down it. If possible, I’d like a dev to comment to assure that this will be fixed.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Taking falling damage whilst running down inclines is as old as the game itself unfortunately. It can happen any where in the game, usually when you have some sort of speed boost on, when running down inclines.

I highly doubt there will be a fix any time soon, as if it was a simple fix, it would have been done by now, and has been reported quite a bit.

However there is a work around, as you run down the ramp, keep spamming jump. Its not a perfect solution, and I have been caught by this bug myself everywhere from WvW to various locations in PvE and yep, on this JP as well.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

The other thing you can do is pause for like half a second after jumping onto the candy cane bridge, and THEN run down. That pause will halt your momentum and negate the chance you’ll take falling damage. A pause of that short a duration will also not affect your overall run’s chances of success (or it shouldn’t — if it makes that much of a difference, you’re lagging behind somewhere else), and it’s a simple way to stop that bug from happening.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

Also, this has already been mentioned: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/wintersday-jp-bug

Can someone merge the threads please? Better retain this one’s title though, as it’s more descriptive …