[Bug] lightning flash. Help

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: blim.6320

blim.6320

lightning flash : Teleport to target area.

Casting this spell can curse my character lock up and unable to more. Also at times casting it with auto run, the animation stands up right but I’m still moving/running.

Is this a know bug?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I have the same problem. Might as well get used to it I guess. Not sure if it’s just elementalist or skill bugs in total that get little to no attention. Many bugs have been persistent since launch with no fix. For example try being in Earth attunement (Staff) running along some yellow named critters and casting Magnetic Aura. Most likely you just started randomly auto-attacking the nearest mob:/
Although this may get more attention in the Elementalist profession category under the bug listing there.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I have the same problem. Might as well get used to it I guess. Not sure if it’s just elementalist or skill bugs in total that get little to no attention. Many bugs have been persistent since launch with no fix. For example try being in Earth attunement (Staff) running along some yellow named critters and casting Magnetic Aura. Most likely you just started randomly auto-attacking the nearest mob:/
Although this may get more attention in the Elementalist profession category under the bug listing there.

This is a product of the auto-attack feature. If you have something attackable targeted, it is in range of your auto-attack, and you are facing it, using a non-attack skill can then trigger your auto-attack to engage. It basically considers that you’ve “entered combat”, so the auto-attack starts. This happens with my engineer sometimes. I’ll have something targeted, but want to set up first, so I’ll drop some stuff from my med kit. As soon as I leave med kit, I start shooting because the auto-attack engages, even though I just wanted to put the bandages and such on the floor first.

The way to prevent this is to not have the mob targeted before using the skill. I’m not sure they’d really be able to “fix” this as the game is, in a way, doing what you want. You started using skills with the mob targeted, so the game believes you want to begin auto-attacking it.

There might be a gameplay option that you can toggle that will prevent this, but I wouldn’t know what it is if there is one. I know there’s one to stop auto-attacking on focus loss, but this a different case.

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The movement bug is in a few classes & has been reported for eons to no avail.
Had it happen constantly on my ele & yesterday, my engie rushing in wvws, used rocket boots, landed half way down some stairs & ta-da, bugged.

Only way (apart from them ever fixing this) to move again after this happens, is to use another movement spell, like engie F-rocket boots spell, Ele D/D 4 etc.

P.S. Had this happen under water once, couldn`t move at all, lost all spells so had to WP aaaaaaand……..

There are bugs & there are bugs, & then there`s gw2 ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The movement bug has been reported for eons to no avail.
It happens on my ele far too often, even my engie yesterday, rocket boots, land half way down stairs, stuck & had to waste another movement spell to free myself.

So, next time this game bugs you to the spot, just waste another movement cd, should work.

btw, this can happen underwater also. Had it once, had to wp to be able to mvoe as for some reason all my spells went blank, aaaaaaand…..

There are bugs & there are bugs, & then there`s gw2 ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Lightning Flash really needs an overhaul. I haven’t noticed this particular movement bug, but the skill is buggy in general.

Unless you’re on even terrain, the skill often has no effect whatsoever other than playing its animation.

It’s a shame, because its mobility could be fantastic, if you could count on it working as well as Infiltrator’s Arrow, for example.