Bug or something else.

Bug or something else.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I have my suspicions, people briefly appearing at various places, some appear and disappear very quickly, always in the same place, some seem to drop down from above and disappear immediately, again in the same places.

I seem to be seeing more and more of this, impossible to get there names.

Anybody know what this is ?

Attachments:

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Bug or something else.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Assuming those are player characters, what you’re seeing may be a mining bot program going a little bonkers. Mining bots will teleport from node to node, appearing and disappearing at/from each. Perhaps that spot you were seeing them at was a leftover or erroneous node point in whatever node map they were using at the time. The dropping down might be their teleport point being off the ground; again, a bad node point value being used by their dirty little bot program.

Bug or something else.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Oh, forgot to mention something I’ve started doing lately. Having seen rather a lot of mining bots popping in and out lately, usually with oddball names I can’t remember after noticing them for only a second or two, whenever I notice a character appear out of nowhere at a node I’m at/near, I hit the PrtScr button immediately rather than try to note and remember their name (and the usually funky spelling). Then I just look in my screencap directory and report them at my leisure.

Unfortunately, my latest mining bot target is still running around in Malchor’s Leap after six days. shrug

Bug or something else.

Solid Gold.9310

The places l see them has never had a node, tree or plant there.

But l suspected they are bots or some sort of teleport, speed hack type of thing.

And yes they are player characters.

As you can see, they have not fully appeared before they disappear again.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Bug or something else.

Solid Gold.9310

Also the bots I’ve been reporting for 8 weeks (Yes the same ones, in the same place 24/7) didn’t show as logged in on my friends list.

So l thought l’d have a trip over to where they were as it’s good farming and drops there, and what did l find.

Yeap, there’s still there, the same 4 bots, l’m not seeing them on my friends list because they are logged on as invisible.

And I thought ArenaNet had actually banned them, sighs !

Bug or something else.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

These teleporting hackers are considerably harder to report than the normal ones but you can still send screenshots and your reports via the ticketing system to Customer Support, where they will be looked into. Remember that even if you think that they seem to be always there, the team is taking these fellows very seriously and will keep on fighting them.

Thanks for your reports and everybody´s patience. It´s greatly appreciated.