Bug with Sigil of Hydromancy effect.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Niujin.7429

Niujin.7429

I’ve found a bug with the trigger effect from said sigil: sometimes the effect won’t activate (not only you don’t get to see the animation, but it doesn’t actually chill nearby enemies).

I ran some tests and I think I found out that this happens only when there are a “lot of” actions being performed close to you (read: more than 2), such as an enemy channeling a spell along with some ground effect. That is enough to block the sigil to trigger its effect when a weapon gets swapped.

Niujin.7429

Additional info: it doesn’t happen all the times, but I’d say a good 60% of them. I’ve also noticed that if you’re standing still instead of moving while swapping weapon to trigger the effect, it sort of helps triggering it (as in, it gets bugged less times in comparison).

Although it is pretty randomic, so I can’t say I am sure what causes this bug. I guess it needs some observation.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Are you in battle when you switch weapons every time? I’m just curious, because that mucked me up when I first got it (the same with Geomancy), since it only seems to proc when the weapon is ‘active’.

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I tried it and it only chills, like sigil of ice, which says in the tool tip that it chills, while hydromancy sigil says in the tooltip that it actually freezes (ie immobilizes) the target.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

It’s not a bug, just the way it’s worded. Freeze = Chilled.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freeze

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I see, in that case I suggest creating tooltips in unified wording, ie agree that it’s called “chilled” and not call it something different elsewhere.
Especially in the light that there’s actually a skill that does freeze you in an iceblock.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Niujin.7429

Yes of course I am in battle. The tooltip clearly states that the effect triggers while in combat. It is not supposed to proc when out of combat.