Bugged Hero Point Map Display?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Okay so I was trying to complete Tangled Depths on yet another character and I noticed that hero points that are repeatable now have an infinity sign over them. However, other hero points have a + and I’m not sure what that signifies.

It doesn’t seem to related to whether it’s repeatable or not, because some of the ones that are repeatable seem to have a plus before I complete them. Nor does it have to do with whether I’ve done them or not, because I have some with pluses that are marked as done, and some with pluses that are not marked as done.

On top of that, the hero points that are “filled in” that used to indicate I had done them don’t seem to reflect that anymore, since even when I had 11/11 on my map complete, I still have hero points showing that I hadn’t done them, even ones that were communes and couldn’t be repeated. It’s a bit of a mess.

I’m attaching a pic below so you can see what I’m talking about.

http://imgur.com/a/LzbJK

In this pictured I’d already completed BOTH hero points in deeproot sink, even though only one seems to be marked as completed. If I mouse over the number next to them, that hero point doesn’t flash, but the two on the bottom do.

Here’s another piic for comparison. This pic shows I have 10/11 done, but not all of them are marked on the map as done.

http://imgur.com/a/AnfHi

Any idea on what’s going on?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I, too, would like to know what the “infinite” marked HPs in Tangled Depth are all about.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I think it’s just to indicate that it’s an event you can complete for a daily reward chest..

I’ve just looked through how they are for me, and it looks like:

+ and incomplete – no repeatable reward and you’ve never completed it
+ and complete – no repeatable reward and you’ve completed it once
Infinity and incomplete – there’s a repeatable reward and you’ve not completed it today
Infinity and complete – there’s a repeatable reward and you’ve completed it today

The problem is, with the infinities, there’s no way to see the difference between ‘not completed today’ and ‘never completed’

(edited by Stitch.1794)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

But the reward is not HPs, just experience and the map’s respective currency. So what’s the point? Since when can a HP Challenge be a “daily”? Never seen any listed there. (confused)

Edit: Okay, just conferred with players in-game, and they said the same. That those can be repeated daily for (said) rewards. Interesting. Thank you.

Edit #2: Yeah, it is indeed a bummer that you cannot tell them apart, for map completion etc.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

But the reward is not HPs, just experience and the map’s respective currency. So what’s the point? Since when can a HP Challenge be a “daily”? Never seen any listed there. (confused)

The repeatable ones are those with a fight, and there’s a bouncy chest of loot as a reward, not just currency – I’ve had a precursor drop from doing these before. It’s not a spectacular reward unless you get lucky, but still something.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Also if you are on the map and hover over hero points in top left corner the ones you miss will flash on map.