Bugged World Bonuses

Bugged World Bonuses

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: aumy.7516

aumy.7516

Nate: I’m aware that there’s a chance that we are being incredibly unlucky. That’s why I included the amount of orichalcum ore that I’ve personally mined. Is it possible that I’ve mined 1500 orichalcum ore (and probably 1500 each of the other ores, as well, so 1500 copper + 1500 iron + 1500 platinum + 1500 mithril, but only 500 or so silver and 500 or so gold), then what’s the chance that I only just now start getting the bonuses? I can do the math, but that would be infinitesimally small. This isn’t simply being unlucky. My server has dominated a couple of the WvW’s. No, this is a bug.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: MilConDoin.3420

MilConDoin.3420

I just tested it for me:
Mouseover over the WvWvW Icon in the top left doesn’t list the bonuses. Stripping down removes only the vitality on the armor (and the vit*10 amount in health), no extra +4% (our current WvWvW bonus).
I remember seeing the WvWvW bonus on mouseover back in one of the BWEs. I have never switched servers, been on Whiteside Ridge since BWE1.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

This is still bugged for me and I found out at least two of my guildmates as well. :| here’s hoping it’s fixed in the upcoming patch…?

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Lempo.8361

Lempo.8361

Add two more affected accounts to the tally, mine is one of them. Both on the same server since head start, never switched.

Any update on this issue, especially a workaround or time frame for a fix, would be greatly appreciated!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: DeathIsVirtue.4105

DeathIsVirtue.4105

I too have never been able to receive these bonuses even though I’ve been on the same server since headstart Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Renegade.3659

Renegade.3659

I’m still not getting any WvW bonuses (i.e. Gathering +2%, etc.) even though my server unlocked them.
A staff member once said that you must wait a full week after the current match-up ends.
I transferred 2 weeks ago so I should have the bonuses on this week’s match-up.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I transfered to Blackgate a couple weeks ago with my husband and waited the rest of the round out of WvW to get bonuses. The next round my husband was getting them and I wasn’t.

Just to see, I waited a whole round of WvW again to see if I was bugged, and I’m not getting any bonuses again.

Please fix this :[

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

sorry, just noticed a few posts about this already. :[

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

Just saw this post, and I believe I am not receiving the WvW bonuses for any of my characters. Nothing shows up when mousing over the WvW icon, and I’ve never gotten extra attempts at any nodes. Been on Sanctum of Rall server since the headstart period, and never transferred servers.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Rangle.2539

Rangle.2539

The WvW bonuses started working again after the recent match reset for me. So, that takes around 3 weeks-ish after server transfer. Interesting.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Do you who get the bonuses always see a ‘pop up’ when you hover over the WvW icon? Is that the best way to tell if bonuses are in effect? ‘Cause if that’s the case, I never see it and I have never changed servers.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

Both myself and my brother have not had a bonus gather at a tree, ore or plant for about 2 weeks now, and our world had a good chance. Has it been changed or is this bugged?
Edit: Gandara server

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: TidusFTW.7354

TidusFTW.7354

My Account is also affected by this Bug but it seems like the Support doesnt care at all..
today i got a reply telling me its no Bug and redirecting me to this site
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

like i didnt know W3 is resetting every week lol so stupid :/

and if ppl say thats just unlucky thats stupid aswell go calculate how the chances will be if
: 14 Day x 500 Nodes ea day = 0 Bonus on nodes so out of 7000 Nodes not a since proc and my server had 10% -20% chance during this weeks so ya totally Bugged for me tho ( Hp Bnous etc doesnt work aswell actually none on the Boni works)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Please …
This issue is REAL and really a ‘’Game Breaker’’
Yes lots of player are affected since day one. With 0 server switch.

What’s the point of the whole W3 battle bonus when not getting them?
What’s the point for lots of player to contribute W3 battle when they aren’t getting the bonus ?
They lose motivation of playing the game when they are not getting same reward as others.
> Which is a game breaker <

Please take this issue more seriously than forwarding wiki page or automatic Email reply.

Thanks and strongly waiting for an official post

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

I’m still not getting bonuses. Still on the same server, I’ve never transferred. Same is still true for several of my guildmates as well.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: riker.6319

riker.6319

+1, I would very much like to see if we can get a follow-up response to this from ANet. At best, it’s annoying and unfair that only SOME players are properly receiving these bonuses.

I have checked multiple times on multiple toons and I have at least 3 guildies with the same issue. Could someone at least acknowledge that this is an issue; even if it takes awhile to resolve? Otherwise, the bonuses should be disabled for everyone, to level the playing field, until it can be fixed.

Just IMHO, of course.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Tyler, I knew how the mechanic worked, so I decided to bite the bullet and transfer to play with some friends in PvE (since Guesting is not available).

After that, I transferred back and waited for the current match to end, the next match to start and end, and the third match to start and end.

Still not getting the bonuses. I was getting them before I guested over, and since coming back and waiting for the penalty period to end, I’m still punished even though there should be no penalty by now.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Blob.7612

Blob.7612

No bonuses for me as well. Switched servers a month ago and still no bonus. Would be nice if ANet provided some sort of update on this.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Valca.1234

Valca.1234

Whoa, I did not know it was a bug at all. Now that I’ve realised it, all that time doing WvWvW was just a waste of time.

Really hope its fixed, never changed server since day 1 and I’ve never had any of the bonuses apparently since I didn’t even know that mousing over WvW Icon will list the bonuses.

Edit: This can also be said for Guild bonuses. Occasionally, guild bonuses that are supposedly activated are not shown when hovering over the guild icon so I assume its also the same situation.

|House of Wiegrahf|

(edited by Valca.1234)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

From Valca :
Now that I’ve realised it, all that time doing WvWvW was just a waste of time.

This is exactly why. This issue is really near to a ‘Game Breaker’
We know, this is not a showstopper, as players can still play the game.
But this is so frustating …

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Can we get some word on this?

For some people the bonuses do not, nor have they ever applied to us, even people who have never transferred servers.

Currently the only “fix” is to change servers and hope they start to apply. But you only get to attempt this once a week and there’s no guarantee they’ll still be back when you move back to your original server.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: WingsMage.5718

WingsMage.5718

This bug is indeed really frustrating.

I have been on the same server since Day 1 and never got any WvW bonuses. Putting so many time and effort into this game, knowing that I don’t get important bonuses that most other players receive is really upsetting.

Seeing how many replies this thread got, this bug is not an isolated issue. Also, I am sure a lot of players affected by this bug are unaware of it.

This important issue really need to get more attention from the QA and Dev Team and top priority should be set to resolve it as soon as possible.

Any official answer/update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Lula Vekk.1457

Lula Vekk.1457

I had no idea that you could ever harvest or mine a node more than once unless it was one of the rich ore nodes. The option has never happened for me. I’m on Yak’s Bend and have never changed servers. We are doing very well this match and the bonuses are pretty high on the WvW page, but nothing shows up if I mouse over the WvW icon.

Is the little icon for your friends list supposed to show a number below it whenever you have friends online? I remember it doing that during the beta, but it hasn’t worked since the actual release for me.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

Yup, just noticed I don’t get the bonuses either aswell…I’ve never server transfered at all, kept in the same server since headstart. It’s quite disheartening finding out just now but hopefully the devs see the whats wrong and fix it

(edited by Sarius.6983)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: VanishingLight.1329

VanishingLight.1329

Now, 3 weeks after I changed world and back again I finally have my bonuses. Still doesn’t explain why I and several others didn’t have when playing on same server since launch.

Hopefully this means it’s fixed and not just random luck and later finding it being gone again.

Just fix it for the rest now too, and give some response on the matter. It’s been very quiet about this even after more and more spoke up about this problem.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Yo Arenanet, there are various certifications available for software testing engineers and companies that create software based on international quality standards, maybe it’s time to go that route and hire one. I’m not trying to troll you, but the amount of obvious bugs that should’ve been removed during mid-beta is pretty ridiculous. I mean aren’t you really afraid/embarassed by this reflecting back on you or something?

Look, if you say “hey guys sorry, we will need 15 EUR from each subscriber to hire competent personnel and write decent code” I’d say – No problem! Here, have 20 EUR! After all I’d have been fine with paying subscription for this game easily (I’m not fine with the gem store at all though, but that’s another story.) Just get going the non-ridiculous route and it’ll be cool. You’re not a band of garage coders doing kitten in their spare time where noone cares how bugridden it is, I don’t think that could’ve eluded you, come on get a grip!

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Azula.7012

Azula.7012

Most of the WvW buffs aren’t stuff you would notice much but it seems I’m bugged too. I have been on the same server since headstart.

I don’t see any buffs by hovering my mouse over the WvW icon, just asked in game and some people could see them some couldn’t. I have never had even one additional gathering node use, assuming it means you can collect from the node more then once.

It kinda makes me sad to think I have been playing for 2mths with out the bonuses.

PS: Just checked, I have the same HP in overflow maps as I do on my servers maps.

(edited by Azula.7012)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: scree.2061

scree.2061

I have never ever recieved bonuses like this. I just thought they were implied. MY WvW icon shows nothing below it. I didn’t even know thats where they are supposed to show up.

I’ve never transferred servers, ever. I’ve been on Stormbluff Isle since day one.

On a related topic, I HAVE seen bonuses that I popped in our guild tab show up on mouseovering the guild icon. If thats how WvW bonuses are supposed to be… then yea, 2 months since launch of nothing.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

I’m not receiving bonus as well.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Hynaru.1085

Hynaru.1085

I’m also not receiving them, and I’ve sent a few tickets regarding it over the past months.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Devona’s Rest since I installed the game 2 months ago, no WvW bonuses applied to my characters at any point.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: eldairon.5269

eldairon.5269

I switched servers from hod to jq back on the 10th of Oct I believe. and it’s not showing the world bonuses. I saw on the forums that is it “turned off” for 2 weeks when you switch. it’s been 7 wvw resets now and it’s still not showing anything. nor can I tell if i’m getting any bonuses, when i mouse over the wvw icon the window that should show the buffs does not pop up. i was geting the bonuses befor i switched servers. please help thank you.

(edited by eldairon.5269)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Ive been wondering the same thing since day 1 myself. Havent gotten any bonuses either

SOR – Server

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I used to get the bonus digs at nodes, but ever since swapping server a while back I have not had a single one. We have been rematched at least 3 or 4 times since, and still nada. Both my brothers transferred 2 days after me to the same server. One got the bonuses back almost straight away (like a few days later) and one had the same problem as me. The one who had the same trouble as me had the problem fix itself as of the update in the last day or so, but mine is still not fixed. Our world (Gandara) regularly has 12-20% gather bonus, but despite playing everyday and gathering almost everything I have not had a bonus dig at anything for weeks. A fix, or at least a comment, would be awesome.

Edit: Literally logged in right after posting this, and servers have rolled over. We have 2% bonus, but finally started getting bonus digs. Happy days

(edited by Emberfoot.6847)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Goliathus.4082

Goliathus.4082

Hello,

I have been playing this game since betas and everyday since launch.
And i have the same problem that the rest of the people here have.
Mainly i noticed the problem about gathering multiple times, I see my friends being able to gather some nodes multiple times. But I have never recived that bonus.
Been playing in Desolation since the launch and havent switched between servers.
I see 18% bonus on the WvW screen under gathering. But I think it does not work for my account or something is bugged.
Please help

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

My guild and I transferred servers 4 weeks ago. 90% of us are still not receiving WvW bonuses given by point accumulation.

Again this is the 4th week this is happening. I am not talking about the orb bonus but rather the bonus from point totals. IE: gathering,endurance,crafting etc bonus.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Renegade.3659

Renegade.3659

Mine just started working again. Full 3 weeks after transfer.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: striderragabash.2178

striderragabash.2178

I have been on Kaineng server since day one of this character, as yet have not seen one hint of said bonus. Any assistance in fixing this bug would be greatly appreciated.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

So to clarify this a bit-
It is intentional that if you switch to a new home server, you will temporarily stop receiving the WvW server bonuses. As for duration, it’s disabled for the rest of the week long match, and I believe for the duration of the next matchup as well. This restriction exists to discourage players from switching servers. That said, if you’ve never switched servers, and your server is far enough along in the matchup to have a bonus, and you still aren’t getting the bonus, let me know.

If I changed servers it was at the start of the game. I don’t remember, but if I did, it has been at least a month since I did. None of my characters have the WvW bonuses showing when you mouse over the castle icon. Would very much like to see this fixed, thank you!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

I’ve been reading this thread and realising that I might be affected too… I’ve never seen these buffs or anything so I just assumed they were applied invisibly but I have never, ever, gotten extra gathers from any nodes. Can someone who is not affected by this bug take a screenshot of what the UI should look like so that we can conclusively see whether we’re affected or not? I’d be very grateful.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: scree.2061

scree.2061

Is their an update on this? Is a fix planned for the Nov 15th patch? I know you guys are saving most of the updates for this day but this is a little frustrating knowing that up until now I’ve received no benefit from my efforts in WvW.

Can we count on a fix going in for this patch? At least we’d have an eta as to when it “should” be resolved.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: DreadLord.3275

DreadLord.3275

Lol I always thought I have those bonuses but I never had them it seems. Never had anything pop-out when I mouse-over the WvW icon or even the Guild icon. Sheesh me thinking oooh so cool -.-. Dissapointed.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Eirikr.8047

Eirikr.8047

I had no idea I had this “bug” too, but I do. I’ve never had any world bonuses and I’ve been playing since beta.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I dont know if this is relevent but I noticed I was only getting WvW bonuses when in the keep the orb of power was in … now thats gone and I haven’t played WvW since they removed it to see if I get any bonuses at all.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

last time I transfered was at launch. I have wondered to this day if bonuses work or not.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

Can anyone post a screenshot of what the buffs look like? Hovering over the WvW icon only shows my keybind.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Azula.7012

Azula.7012

Im glad no-one in the thread, has tried to do the math, on what we have lost out on by now, since launch.

Nope, can’t think about that would just make me sad.

I did ask a friend and they could see the bonuses on the icon I’ll see If I can get them to SS it tomorrow.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

WOW I didn’t even notice this. So I’ve never been receiving WvW bonuses.. wth? Never transferred once.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Same, no bonus, never transferred.
Hopefully it works eventually, getting one omnomberry on a 5 hr cd is hard to stock much high level food. So this will be like an explanation as to why my gathering rate sucks.

(edited by psirca.9452)