Bugged World Bonuses

Bugged World Bonuses

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

For anyone with this issue, the easiest way to confirm this is by calculating your maximum HP and see that you arent receiving any increase:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

I’m actually incredibly annoyed by this. I didn’t even know you COULD hit a non-rich node more than once! How much have I frickin missed out on!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Archon.6753

Archon.6753

im not getting them either, and i have never transferred servers.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Slay For Bank.5462

Slay For Bank.5462

I have been on Emhry Bay since pre-release, and I have the same problem. In fact, like some others here, I didn’t even realize (until now) that it was possible to hit a non-rich node multiple times! I feel cheated

Haven Community [HC]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Throrgrim.7098

Throrgrim.7098

Same here. As so many others i had to see this picture http://i.imgur.com/H7roV.jpg , to realize i’m not getting any bonuses since day 1. Hello ANet, any news on this issue? Are we supposed to write to your support?

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Ivalice.3174

Ivalice.3174

I didn’t switch server and I have never received any bonuses. I thought this was a bug for everyone but apparently not.

I play WvW everyday and all this time, I have been at a disadvantage? This is not fair at all.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Just came along this bug report and have to say ‘Me Too!’…Never saw that floating display on WvW hover….Just the WvW [B].

Never moved my account to another server, etc. etc.

Just came across this today! Didn’t even know you could get second bites at nodes except for enriched ore.

11/5/12

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’ve only discovered this since reading this thread. I did transfer servers during September to get into my Guild’s regular server since the population was full for a couple of days, but that was month+ ago. I only have ‘World vs World’ displayed when I hover over the button.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: EoLtheCroW.9176

EoLtheCroW.9176

Tyler i reported this problem ingame too.
I never changed server from begin but still i don t get bonuses. Any fix on this ?

Bugged World Bonuses

Marcus Greythorne.6843

to all of you who don’t get the bonusses: have you ever played in WvW? When was the last time you played? Were you successful in any WvW-Event (defend castle for example).

Trying to find out if it has to do something with WvW-participation…

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

Thanks so much for the image of what the bonuses should appear as. I can finally confirm (as I suspect, many others can) that I am suffering from this issue and have done from launch. Not too happy.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I also just found out I don’t get those bonusses.

I never switched servers. I did play some WvW last sunday. I can’t say if I ever got the bonusses, as I never knew how to check (in the beta’s they were more visible…)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I have also played since pre-release (seems most people in this thread have). I did transfer once but that was near the beginning of October.

We should all report in-game and try to get as many reports as possible.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Shatters.7315

Shatters.7315

I never, ever, switched worlds.
Not getting any bonus, at all.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: FeralSneed.5629

FeralSneed.5629

I haven’t switched worlds since beta, I WvW regularly, no bonuses.

Stormbluff Isle server

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Ephraim Glass.3275

Ephraim Glass.3275

I have only just become aware of this issue. As far as I’m aware, I am not receiving these bonuses. No tooltip showing all of the bonuses pops up when I mouseover the WvW icon and I’ve never been able to harvest a node more than once. (I’ve always assumed that a node dropping one than one goodie per stroke was this bonus in action but apparently that’s not the case?)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: goodbeerhunting.8942

goodbeerhunting.8942

I’ve never received the bonuses either, and I’ve never transferred servers. I know a few of my guild mates get them – they never miss a chance to point out a bonus node harvest. I’d like to think this bug has priority given its major effect on play, but seeing how old this thread is…

Sigh.

Bugged World Bonuses

Marcus Greythorne.6843

and now I’m wondering why some things (like today’s patch on the high droprate of unidentified dye) are being patched extremely fast and others like our little problem here take quite a time (was it October 15th when a dev responded to this first?).

I guess it is all about priorities…
@Accrual Man: man your post is blowing things way out of proportion. I don’t like it either, but come on…

hope the devs fix this soon, quite happy with their work so far

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

I didn’t realize it until I saw this thread, but I have not been getting them, either. And here I thought I just had horrible luck with the gathering bonus!

I have been on the same server since the first day of the three day headstart, too; never transferred.

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Been on my server from day 1 and am not getting the bonuses. Wasn’t even aware until I read this thread.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Put in a ticket for this since I feel like its an account issue. Ill let you guys know if I get an answer.

Only thing I could think of is it being BWE related. I was in all the beta events back to press, and when I input my retail code after prepurchase it changed my account #. Thats the only thing that felt odd to me, unsure if it could be the problem.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Ash.3641

Ash.3641

Same issue here – Desolation EU since headstart.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

I never realized the bonuses were even visible. None of my characters are receiving any either.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: scree.2061

scree.2061

Update: 11/6/2012. I’ve never transfered, but I did participate in the pre-launch event. I’ve submitted a bug report, I messaged the dev who came into this thread earlier and ASKED for people to message him, and I’ve posted here multiple times.

I still do not get bonuses. GG.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: actorofvenom.4036

actorofvenom.4036

I recieved bonuses on my previous server sometime, but after transfer I see nothing( mb that happened before transfer, Im not sure). And yes more than two week passed.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

yep, same with me.

submitted an in-game report.

Could also be a visual bug…but i dunno :\

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Buenor.3415

Buenor.3415

After reading this post, I realised that my friend told me very often while we were playing that he was lucky enough to gather multiple times from the same nodes. When I put my mouse over the WvsWvsW icon, I do not see any bonuses even if they are there when I open the screen.

So since launch, I never got those bonuses (at least for the gathering one). Can you please check into that?

I submited a support ticket and here is the answer I received :
———————————————————————————————-
I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’ve been having with the WvW bonus. If you’re currently affected by this issue, I would strongly urge you to post on that same forum thread letting the developers know, as it looks like a member of the ArenaNet team is currently keeping track of the issue. Additionally, you can do us a huge favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.
———————————————————————————————-
With my ticket, I sent pictures of the WvWvW window showing the bonuses and one picture of when I put my mouse over the WvWvW icon in game that shows absolutely no bonuses.

So as suggested, I post here and will make sure to submit an official bug report in game.

Now I can’t help but wonder how many crafting materials did I miss, how many repair fees I could have possibly saved, how many items did I missed… all because of this bug?

Bugged World Bonuses

Marcus Greythorne.6843

" and one picture of when I put my mouse over the WvWvW icon in game that shows absolutely no bonuses."

based on my experience it’s not possible to make a screenshot with tooltip in GW2…

Bugged World Bonuses

Buenor.3415

If you put the game in windowed mode you can press printscreen on your keyboard. This picture is taken from windows itself. To see it, just open “MS-paint” and paste inside a blank document. You now have a printscreen with the GW2 tooltip (but no mouse cursor)
Here is an example where you can see the WvW tooltip
http://imgur.com/L8hw6

Bugged World Bonuses

Marcus Greythorne.6843

oh, I see. Thank you! Nice idea.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

Wow, just realized I’m having the same problem. I was wondering why my crafting gains always fell short of expectations in the guide I was using, despite waiting for the WvWvW bonus to reach 15% or higher.

What a bummer.

Posted a support question too.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

5k wvw kills, no bonus

/sadface

Would love to hear an official – thank you for your patience – response.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Tudy.3547

Tudy.3547

Same issue here. I’ve been on the same server (Seafarer’s Rest) since day 1 of the headstart, never switched servers. I’m not seeing the bonuses on the hover icon and don’t remember ever seeing them.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Hello,

I am playing this game since pre-release and spent the vast majority of my playing time in WvsW. Just now I accidentially found this thread and realized I never had any boni displayed.

I did not leave my homeserver Kodash (DE) ever.

At the moment I am quite shocked, because if not displayed means I never received them, I would have been treated as second class customer since release compared to not only my enemies but the people on my server as well.

Such an issue that is affecting so many people should get more attention from your side, Arenanet. Right now, I am more than surprised and disappointed that:

1. It is not you (!) that informed the customers that there could be a severe bonus bug that couldve affected me since you know about the bug for some time.

2.There is no front page apology & update to your customers, when and how you plan to solve the problem.

Equal terms for your customers should be first priority and at least recompensation to the affected customers for the “lost” income (compared to your server collegues who actually received the same bonus percentage) because of gathering disadvantage is more than due. This bug affected me negatively (income wise) probably for about 90% of the hours I spent playing GW2!

There is a 17 (!) days old thread in the german “Game Bugs” section that is mentioning this problem and guess what, not a single reply from official side. I really hope someone official over here can give me feedback about your plans how to solve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Hork.4071

Hork.4071

Hello,

I am playing this game since pre-release and spent the vast majority of my playing time in WvsW. Just now I accidentially found this thread and realized I never had any boni displayed.

I did not leave my homeserver Kodash (DE) ever.

At the moment I am quite shocked, because if not displayed means I never received them, I would have been treated as second class customer since release compared to not only my enemies but the people on my server as well.

Such an issue that is affecting so many people should get more attention from your side, Arenanet. Right now, I am more than surprised and disappointed that:

1. It is not you (!) that informed the customers that there could be a severe bonus bug that couldve affected me since you know about the bug for some time.

2.There is no front page apology & update to your customers, when and how you plan to solve the problem.

Equal terms for your customers should be first priority and at least recompensation to the affected customers for the “lost” income (compared to your server collegues who actually received the same bonus percentage) because of gathering disadvantage is more than due. This bug affected me negatively (income wise) probably for about 90% of the hours I spent playing GW2!

There is a 17 (!) days old thread in the german “Game Bugs” section that is mentioning this problem and guess what, not a single reply from official side. I really hope someone official over here can give me feedback about your plans how to solve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

I totally agree. My 2 copper, this is game breaking in so many ways. WvW you don’t get the bonus your are at a disadvantage to someone that is!!! If your in pve
Your at a disadvantage to someone who is just the mere fact they are getting
more gathering supplies! Now when you add the time this been around since head start
We are talking about quite a bit of money due to repair/travel fees, farming matts, and so on. You truly are a second rate customer to the first rate customer getting the bonus…no if Ans buts about it!!!!

I been on scantum of rail since headstart. I never once change servers. I never once saw the bounus under the mouse hover to the wvw tab.
After reading I did test my health and yeap 10805 HP on my ele no bounus applied which should of been 5% (wvw bonus) more = 11345

I’m truly upset at this Anet and you need to fix and comment what you are going to do about this problem. Not acknowledging this make you look bad as a business

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Fenixz.7194

Fenixz.7194

No current Bonuses here. Been on the same realm ~~2 weeks

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

Been there since the head start on the Aurora Glade (EU) server and did never get one bonus from WvWvW. I even didn’t know that there will be a tooltip displayed, because there is never one.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: The Scarlet Raven.5416

The Scarlet Raven.5416

Hi there,

This is also a problem for me and most of my friends that I party with. I’ve been on Sanctum of Rall since launch so this isn’t a server transfer issue in my case. When I hover over the WvW icon at the top, it shows “World vs World [b]” and that’s it. I didn’t realize anything was wrong until I saw the post on the forum with the image showing bonuses.

I really don’t know how it’s supposed to work and would like some clarification. Should I see the bonuses all the time or only if I’m in WvW? Should I only see them on characters that have participated in WvW battles? And if so, is there a current level of participation that I need before they appear?

I dabble in WvW but I’m not a dedicated PvP player. Currently I see no bonuses. Yesterday I was in WvW and a guildmate said he had the outmanned bonus on him. I didn’t receive it even though we were in the same party and on the same WvW map.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Baylife.1704

Baylife.1704

Will we get an answer on this?

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Will we get an answer on this?

Perhaps if we keep this thread alive and educate all the people who aren’t receiving bonuses without realizing.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I’m not getting them either, but nver realised, and when i friend kept talking about getting extra nodes from time to time, in fact i thought that he had a bug xD

And i never swapped server, been on whiteside ridge since headstart

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

My friends currently leave GW2 because of this bug.
Not cool …

I would like a post from Arena.net on the subject
Thanks

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

It seems a lot of people here (me included) that have the problem while never having transferred have accounts that were in for the headstart/BWEs.

Perhaps a flag or field isn’t filled correctly for those accounts? (Maybe “on this server since…” is empty)

Are there any people that had this problem and started getting the bonuses after transferring and waiting out the intented cooldown period?

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

My friends currently leave GW2 because of this bug.
Not cool …

I would like a post from Arena.net on the subject
Thanks

maybe look at the first page of this thread…

Bugged World Bonuses

Buenor.3415

Yesterday night, I was playing with 3 other friends. Out of the 4 of us, only one could see the bonuses when he puts his mouse over the WvW icon. The other 3 could only see WvW (B). Of course, the one that could see the bonuses experienced multiple gathering of the same node many times during the night and the other 3 only got the regular gathering. All 4 of us are on Sorrow’s Furnace since the very first minutes of headstart. As a mater of fact, we all first logged in as soon as the servers were availlable because we wanted to make sure we were all on the same server.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Eli Krey.5368

Eli Krey.5368

I switched over Crystal Desert over 2 weeks ago and i still not receiving any WvW bonuses i submited a report bug in game!!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: orangeman.1704

orangeman.1704

please fix, same issue for me

Damilius – Red Guard [RG]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Eli Krey.5368

Eli Krey.5368

yeah wtf is going on at least tell us if your working on it

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Weddy.9036

Weddy.9036

I’m having the exact same problem. There is no mouseover for the bonuses and I have NEVER received an additional node while gathering. I have always been on the same server and never transferred.

(edited by Weddy.9036)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: idlewings.3045

idlewings.3045

I last posted on this forum 27 days ago when I too realized I was not receiving the bonuses since the headstart.
Like many of you im really hoping this bug will get fixed as it puts us at a very large disadvantage compared to our fellow players. However I found that posting in the forums and submitting an in game bug was failing to get me any answers to problem that I just tried a direct approach and contacted support to ask for at least some advise or a possibility of what they may be doing to resolve the issue, and fair enough I got the reply of:

“Hello,
Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it. Next time that you’re in-game and you find a bug, you can do us a favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.
To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission.
Thank you again for taking the time to send this report manually.
Regards,
Guild Wars Support Team"

Not quite answering my question but by the looks of it they are somewhat aware of the issue. Perhaps more people should contact support to make it more know as well as posting it on the forum

Branhilde Asbjorn ~ Aurora glade (EU)

(edited by idlewings.3045)