Bugs With R 200 Series Cards?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Every place i started a topic regarding the issues i was having :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Graphic-problem-making-game-unplayable/first#post3594886

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=177532.0

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/89574-graphic-issues-with-my-270x/

these issues seem to mostly fix themself on a client reset. most times

To clarify vsync is off , i am on fullscreen windowed, and have frame cap at unlimited in game , however i do not see this happen capped at 60 with other settings the same.

I am not entirely sure if this is a bug in the game as a whole or just a problem with the drivers from amd, ive done both 13.2 and 14.1 , sticking with a clean install of 14.1 as everything but guild wars runs stable. with or without vsync

I also have no way to test this in another pc.
Will edit this post if it comes up with current settings now though

Rawr?

(edited by Voreo Sabrae.5416)

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I have this problem as well.

http://imgur.com/1bG2hvB

That is a screenshot I took when the problem appears. I don’t have a problem in other games, so this rules out a hardware problem. I don’t know if its software or if its something with the gw2 engine. So far I’ve tried various catalyst drivers and all of them have the exact same problem.

There are other threads made by players with this same issue and of course no response from Anet at all. I practically gave up.

The only way to fix it is to alt tab and tab back in. You don’t have to reset your client.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Yeah and i see this problem, which i thought was one of the graphical things they fixed
http://imgur.com/wXmz8R5

Its only happening from unloaded players, they load, its gone

Rawr?

Aza.2105

Yeah and i see this problem, which i thought was one of the graphical things they fixed

What do you mean by unloaded players? Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Windows 10

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Like from a distance in WvW they turn to the lowest quality, which is your world color in wvw, in my case blue. so from far away they are rendering as blue and for some reason showing those lines sometimes

Rawr?

Aza.2105

Like from a distance in WvW they turn to the lowest quality, which is your world color in wvw, in my case blue. so from far away they are rendering as blue and for some reason showing those lines sometimes

Interesting, I’ll look for this more often then. If it can be replicated then we can know what what causes the bug. It has always been unknown to everyone what exactly causes it. This could be why I’ve only seen the bug appear in spvp a handful of times. Since spvp doesn’t have many models to load.

Windows 10

Voreo Sabrae.5416

http://imgur.com/BLU8JP2

Found a more specific occurence during a wurm attempt

Seems his upper leg isnt rendering at all, and causing this to happen
(charr at top)

Rawr?

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Strange, that occurs frequently when the graphic card overclocks by too much.

I’ve had that before when I had an older overclocked card.

Wouldn’t be possible that a R200 would have heating issues on a game like GW2 though?

Was planning on getting a R290 but after seeing this I’m not really convinced on getting one, can anyone else give some insight?

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Wouldn’t be possible that a R200 would have heating issues on a game like GW2 though?

Was planning on getting a R290 but after seeing this I’m not really convinced on getting one, can anyone else give some insight?

Im not overclocked, nor does my temp on graphics card go over 50C, and im on mostly high settings during Wurm or WvW, player quality, model limit low obviously though xD

Not to mention i can play other games on there high settings with no problems. Its just a GW problem more than likely.

My graphics card runs at the settings out of the box. And even that is lower than the actual settings because of power being at minimum

Rawr?

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Would like to hear from Anet on this, this looks like a game/driver issue

Ive submitted a beta thing to AMD regarding 14.1, but i dont know if they look into this stuff without a game companies assistance?

Rawr?

Aza.2105

Its not a OC issue, my card isn’t OC and it doesn’t go above 62c during gameplay.

Also, its not just the R9 series, its also the 7xxx series. There are posts from early last year talking about the same problem. In addition I have a Radeon 6970 and this problem does not occur ever and it runs extremely hot in comparison.

Windows 10

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Well AMD did mention they havnt had any reports of guild wars 2 issues on drivers since last April, so people gotta submit these things.

Rawr?

Voreo Sabrae.5416

To anyone having problems, please use the links below to report them to AMD, if your not already aware of these links

13.12 : http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B4F
14.1 : http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B21

Just sharing this so we can possibly get a fix in the next beta or release
And i found out from AMD by sharing benchmarks to them it is nothing to do with my card as im in the normal range for a non oc system. They think its most likely as i said above a driver issue as well.

Can get a reply from anet on this matter, please? I just want to know what you guys think. The only time i got help was someone saying its a Service causing this, well ive disabled or set to manual every service i possibly could without messing with crucial ones just recently. So we shall see~

Rawr?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Just started having this today. I did update my drivers recently, as I hadn’t updated them at all since installing card so I was behind. But now I get the weird glitchiness.

Have had this card since November with no issues up till today. Being the first day I played GW2 with the new drivers.

First thing I did was look for overheating, cause mine looked alarmingly like a dying video card since the aspects that were glitching had red behind them. But it cleared up fine for a while. Till I noticed it on a couple other effects in-game that wasn’t red.

Considering rolling back the drivers to see if that changes anything.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Try also disabling these services
AMD External Events Utility
AMD Fuel

It seems to be happening less. But i noticed it briefly on the new patch with the giant drill near the top. But a waypoint away seemed to correct the issue

Rawr?

Katreyn.4218

After rolling back drivers I haven’t run into the glitch yet today; hopefully I haven’t spoke too soon.

I did also follow your device and disabled those services.

I know not everyone can go with rolling back drivers or using older drivers in general. Since some games are stingy. So hopefully AMD/ANet can figure this out.

My first experience with it was kind of crazy. Since it seemed to trigger a lot for me off of effects the first time it trigger was in LA event, and someone used the super adventure box nuke finisher. All that white and red made for a crazy light show of infinitely stretched effects. I eventually alt tabbed for a second or two to look at my temps and things. But when I tabbed back in it was fine. Second time was effect of my chars Fervid censor, I had an infinitely stretching white/yellow line coming off her back. But it cleared itself up in like 10 seconds.

I did put in a survey for the driver. So hopefully we aren’t alone.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Voreo Sabrae.5416

After rolling back drivers I haven’t run into the glitch yet today; hopefully I haven’t spoke too soon.

I did also follow your device and disabled those services.

I know not everyone can go with rolling back drivers or using older drivers in general. Since some games are stingy. So hopefully AMD/ANet can figure this out.

My first experience with it was kind of crazy. Since it seemed to trigger a lot for me off of effects the first time it trigger was in LA event, and someone used the super adventure box nuke finisher. All that white and red made for a crazy light show of infinitely stretched effects. I eventually alt tabbed for a second or two to look at my temps and things. But when I tabbed back in it was fine. Second time was effect of my chars Fervid censor, I had an infinitely stretching white/yellow line coming off her back. But it cleared itself up in like 10 seconds.

I did put in a survey for the driver. So hopefully we aren’t alone.

Sorry to say, you will most likely encounter it again if its anything like what i experienced, just not as often. I honestly think the latest patch might of fixed most of it, maybe LA had something hidden underneath it before this patch that was leaking out for our cards xD

Rawr?

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I think i narrowed down the settings that cause it
Can anyone confirm?

Its either something with Enviroment, LOD, or Post Processing that seems to be causing it.

edit : ugh nvm, i cant seem to figure out the problem , its really aggravating

full part list : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/309qN
Latest Beta from AMD , Turbo Core active

Rawr?

Katreyn.4218

Still seems to be occuring for me after updating drivers again recently (totally uninstalled and cleaned and reinstalled them).

Some alarming bugs in Divinties Reach. Its not all the time, and changing the camera angle makes it go away.

Still over this past month or so been playing plenty of other games with no issues that I could see. So it definitely seems to be GW2 only for the time being.

Definitely looks like graphics card is potentially dying but I dunno. Not overheating or anything. Stress tests go fine and performance is great.

Video Card: Radeon R7 260x
Processor: i7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte z68AP-D3
8 GB RAM

Edit: Added some more screenshots of issue. This time in Lion’s Arch. 4/16

Edit 2: As of May 25th 2014 I haven’t noticed the issue anymore. I did another clean install of the current drivers (used the AMD clean uninstall tool before reinstalling new drivers). And haven’t noticed the issue as of 2 days now. The most common cause of the graphical issues was Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. But I haven’t seen it with the couple of ppl I’ve seen use them around me lately. Could be coincidence but I think its possible something was just seriously corrupted with my drivers that manually clean uninstall wasn’t catching.

Edit: June 7th. Seems I spoke too soon. Seems to have started up again. But not near as frequent.

Attachments:

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Monkman.9508

Monkman.9508

Is this issue ongoing? I am having the same problem and wondering how I can resolve it.