Bugs from 16th Patch [Compiled]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vesrys.6819

Vesrys.6819

Sadly my game went unplayable after this update. I do have pretty bad PC but with setting on low I could play on 15-20 FPS normally before update and I got used to that kind to gameplay but now after update my FPS is sub 5 even tho I did turn off/adjusted sliders of new camera option as much as possible but nothing helps..
I suppose there is no way to go back to old?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

unholy savnctuary not triggering at 1 HP, I die each time when I get into a squesze, while it should save my skin,,, no activations seen yet,

WVW border lands. Ping might be low, buit skill lag is 4-5 seconds in a fight.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Siril Frein.2395

Siril Frein.2395

Teleporting to the Hall of Monuments results in an unable to gain access to log-in server message.

Support menu has number strings all over the place in drop down menus, making in-game bug reporting silly.

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

Ok maybe i am blind but one of my characters who did not have map completion is now stuck at 99%. When i checked (repeatedly) every area showed completed 100%
I just need a POI but i cant find it. A second characters instead coul get map completion easily (i just needed a couple POIs) related to LS. My remaining characters who all had 100% already are fine.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Donno about anyone else but i received all the GW1 achievement points and this account isnt connected to a GW1 account. I recommend everyone who got a chest from this bug not to open it cause the devs can place a temp ban on your account for taking advantage of a bug.

I just got that too I don’t watch Achievement points so opened it and then being the clean bag player I am I put things away. I checked my Hero panel to see what I had got credit for and saw those listed so I signed out and came here. It was nice seeing all those points but I’m sure they will fix it, oh well

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

• First Person Camera: When using the grenade kit it causes unbearable camera shaking.
  • First Person Camera: When Zooming in to the character, whatever kit an engineer might wear will remain visible.
  • First Person Camera: When Zooming out, it will cause the back item to appear, even if you wear a Kit.

Most of these were obviously found out while using the Grenade kit.

• Hear voice cues from human players all over the map.
  • Loading screen get shrinked a bit.

These were verified from other comments here.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Celine.6857:

However, magic find for 3 days is running down, so when this ends, we cannot activate the new upgrade because it is stuck! I can’t even speed it up.

A quick fix for this is to change the order of the next upgrade in your queue. It worked for the first issue I had today and a couple other people I’ve helped, so it should hopefully work for you.

Thanks… well weirdly I just noticed that queuing a new upgrade did in fact make the stuck one finish… BUT, I still only have one upgrade building, when there should be two simultaneously upgrading.

This whole thing, and with everything read above, is sad. I am sure stuff will be fixed. This is the first patch where something has affected me specifically.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: Skythace.2345

Skythace.2345

Horrible lag and skill lag in WvW. Unplayable.

Skythace
[TLA] Thousand Lakes Alliance
Desolation

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Effects from items like the Thoughtless Potion, which gives you horns, is very much seen when you go into first-person mode.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

Cannot stack tomes of knowledge or luck that were acquired today either

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Huge wvw lag (Piken Square), pretty much unplayable.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Gifts of Exploration do not stack.

Gandara

Posted by: gigawuts.7469

gigawuts.7469

Posted by: ClanAncaria.7310

ClanAncaria.7310

- Ranger Pets still take falling damage when running down stairs.

- Ranger Pets no longer follow the avoid combat function if you have it turned on before initiating combat. They will heel if you F3 them during combat though.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

An extra week of QA and this comes out of it? Seriously, why did anet just not wait with the major changes and release some nice skins in the meantime. This is probably the most broken patch ever.

My experiences are similar to many others:

Texture loss on TT wurm
Hearing other players shouts/sounds across the map (mostly wvw)
drop in framerate
skill lag
disabled guild chat (sorted by quick fix)
guild chat reset on switching tabs, maps or waypoint
game crash on leaving party
shrinked loading map
bug report bugged
slow camera

overall, a poor game experience tonight and unless i feel like being stationary, i cant even enjoy the guild chat. That week of extra qa really paid off.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: spRonin.7128

spRonin.7128

Something I haven’t seen posted yet: New characters unlock Hall of Monument achievements.
To reproduce,
1) Create new character, I choose Human.
2) Finish the very first intro mission.
3) See you have unlocked 80% of all the Hall of Monument achievements and got the GWAMM title.
For extra oddness, delete the character and repeat the steps, now you will have a Hall Of Monuments Portal Stone in your inventory.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Guild build queue bugged
Pre-update and post update gifts of exploration won’t stack with each other
WvW building portals lag

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

An extra week of QA and this comes out of it? Seriously, why did anet just not wait with the major changes and release some nice skins in the meantime. This is probably the most broken patch ever.

My experiences are similar to many others:

Texture loss on TT wurm
Hearing other players shouts/sounds across the map (mostly wvw)
drop in framerate
skill lag
disabled guild chat (sorted by quick fix)
guild chat reset on switching tabs, maps or waypoint
game crash on leaving party
shrinked loading map
bug report bugged
slow camera

overall, a poor game experience tonight and unless i feel like being stationary, i cant even enjoy the guild chat. That week of extra qa really paid off.

yup, a lot of bugs introduced with the patch today
hopefully anet will read this thread… its a great summary of the problems

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

I can confirm the skill lags. They happen especially often when you do world bosses, it was nearly impossible to time things like stability the way you wanted to.

About the frame rate drop: Drag the 4. switch/bar completely to the left side (it’s called “Kollisionsempfindlichkeit” in my language, don’t know the english word for that, sorry!). It helped me to increase my 12fps up to 40fps again.

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

They should just roll back this patch…

Help

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Guild chat is cleared on map-change.

“You aren’t in a guild” message when trying to type inbto guild-channel, can be fixed by turning online status to “invisible” and back to “online”

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

Everything I’ve noticed has already been said, but I’d like to elaborate on the voice bug.

It’s both hilarious and the most obnoxious thing in the game. I’m playing on my human female Guardian and I keep getting the human male dialogue for things such as, “For Great Justice!” (which isn’t even a Guardian skill) and the charr male dialogue for, “Retreat!” among others.

Just for grins, I spun the camera so that I was looking at her face and zoomed in a bunch. Yes, the mouth moves and everything when voicing the human male and charr male lines as well.

Posted by: Ahali.2714

Ahali.2714

Deputy Crackshot Skill challenge is broken. Cannon balls wont make it past initial wall and explode right out of barrel.

Posted by: Lady Vlad.6390

Lady Vlad.6390

I get to the char screen… hit play, the load screen comes up and runs for a second, then suddenly I see my desktop and the screen is flashing.. I can still hear the load screen music in the background, But the comp is frozen and all I can do is shut it down. I have tried 4 times,.. I even tried switching chars to see if it was a problem loading in the pvp zone.. but same thing happened. Help!!

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

- Inventory Resizes randomly. (oh wait this was there since forever!)

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

jump animation while welding a staff for my female human ele tweaks out

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The green Downed colour in party UI is very unintuitive. Why, oh why change something that wasn’t broken? Maybe green is the “danger”, “death” color in Tyria, but for normal people, bloody red is the one color that screams “danger!”.

• First Person problems: aegis, longbows, items which show over characters head

Elementalist attunement stones as well, at least the fire one.

• FPS drops

Yes, especially at higher FoV.

• Minimap has a gap (which causes points to go over the screen)

Those gaps on the minimap and the chat panel are annoying like hell. A low line of randomly coloured flashy stuff on lower right and left – very distracting. Please stick it back as it was!

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Some Trainers wont show their guides, regardless of experience achieved.
Some Trainers only show the guides we have already achieved.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

jump animation while welding a staff for my female human ele tweaks out

yea jump animation is kittened up when you have the staff out

Posted by: DustyBunnys.4069

DustyBunnys.4069

Guild chat is cleared on tab change as well. I also have the audio bug, but mine isn’t limited to shouts. I hear human, norn, and asura dialog out of my character! I’ve even heard a few enemy lines (centaur for sure) come from her as well.

I’ve also had issues where changing from first person back to third causes you to stop targeting what you were attacking.

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

I get to the char screen… hit play, the load screen comes up and runs for a second, then suddenly I see my desktop and the screen is flashing.. I can still hear the load screen music in the background, But the comp is frozen and all I can do is shut it down. I have tried 4 times,.. I even tried switching chars to see if it was a problem loading in the pvp zone.. but same thing happened. Help!!

Similar Problem. I can load the client, but once I hit play, my desktop gets stuck in the loading process and the game just keeps flashing. I can also hear the music, but it’s frozen and needs to be shut down.

Retired GW2 Player

Posted by: CounterCookie.9403

CounterCookie.9403

opening the score board in pvp for some reason freezes the whole game for a second

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Can’t access the Hall of monuments just a white screen and a error then sends you back to the log in screen.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Biological.3297

Biological.3297

For the launcher bug stuck at 99%, there seems to be 2 CoherentUI_Host.exe’s fighting for power. Can’t get rid of one without the other.
EDIT: longer you leave it more that pop up.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Can’t access the Hall of monuments just a white screen and a error then sends you back to the log in screen.

Yes, this is the same for me. Clicked stone, HoM popped up, LA popped up, game crashed.

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

- Can’t access a craft profession tabs if the craft profession is not active (E.G. if i have armorsmith and jeweler activated and i approach the cooking bench it will not allow me to interact with it)

- the title of the crafting professing shows unknown instead of the crafting profession.

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Posted by: Vileste.7148

Vileste.7148

The green Downed colour in party UI is very unintuitive. Why, oh why change something that wasn’t broken? Maybe green is the “danger”, “death” color in Tyria, but for normal people, bloody red is the one color that screams “danger!”.

THIS. Why was that changed anyway? Who would complain about THAT? This was perfect before…. now its DARK GREEN applause oh noo i’m so afraid!!1!11!

Attachments:

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Weapons displayed on the Hero panel are diminutive (ex: GS on my Norn warrior is about 2/3 normal size).

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I mean, I really like GW2 and Anets work on it and all that stuff. And well… sh.. happens I guess. You mess up half of the game with one patch. Okay. But I really wonder… HOW did nobody notice this during SIX DAYS of ADDITIONAL testing? o_O

I mean; even just after logging in… the loading screen is different. Second thing you see, are the differences in the UI. How could a bunch of QA-testers possibly not notice this in 6 days? Did they test another version of the patch? Did we get an alpha-version by mistake, while QA got the release-version? o.o

Posted by: Chris East.6309

Chris East.6309

I can’t even get onto the game, been stuck on 1 file for ages, currently downloaded 1.8gb for this update… closed and opened, 1 file remaining at 100mb so far but 0% ;l

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I can’t stack my freshly gained tome of knowledge with my old ones!

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Just DCed from my PvP game. Logged back in, game told “unable to regain access… etc.”. I checked the PvP menu and it told me I was still in my match. Went to our WvW borderlands. Still in the match. It works now again so I guess “my” match is finally over.

Quoting myself. This happened twice to me now. The exact same error.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

-StreamingClient does not work. Had to download entire patch in order to play the game.

Posted by: Marseee.2938

Marseee.2938

Guild workshops are broken. You can only build 1 item at a time at the moment.

Posted by: KingPuki.1075

KingPuki.1075

I got almost all of the above bugs. It’s not possible to play right now, way to buggy.

Plants VS Zombies – Sylvari in Orr

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Honestly, I am starting to believe they are just translating Chinese patch and then releasing it.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Game crashes when going to HoM for my husband, but other than that he’s seemingly been lucky! I really want them to fix all this, especially guild build queues.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

- Inventory Resizes randomly. (oh wait this was there since forever!)

Lol! Ah, targeting is broken too. (oops, it has been there since launch :P)

Posted by: Bartek.3568

Bartek.3568

Tome of knowledge not stacking property

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Seen many of these bugs. The horrid lag has made WvW impossible and the “voices in my head” (random skill chatter) is driving me mad!

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is I have lost my cursor 3 times since the patch (Goes completely invisible. No way to see where you are clicking.) Needed to restart GW2 to get it back, which is clearly a problem with WvW T1 queues!

Piken Square