Bugs from 16th Patch [Compiled]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bethsaida.2037

Bethsaida.2037

My game is unplayable after latest update. I’ve tried everything, including uninstalling the game and downloading the client again. Game tries to start, then only a blue, blinking bar with GuildWars2 showing at the top, upper left.

Posted by: Bethsaida.2037

Bethsaida.2037

The game is unplayable after the latest update. Game tries to load then locks up the screen with only a blue, blinking bar at the top with GuildWars2 on the left side. I’ve tried rebooting, turning off virus protection; nothing works. Even tried uninstalling the game, and downloading the client from the website to reinstall. Still not playable.

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmer blink bug while traited, skill goes on cd despite not teleporting.

https://youtu.be/2oTKJBz4DGs

Also happens on those stupid terrain glitches that look perfectly flat BUT ARE NOT XD

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

My bloodstone dust will not stack at all. That is the only inventory item that won’t for me so far.

Continous random voices shouting as I go along. I feel like I have multiple personalities who are all yelling at me.

Posted by: Smitty.9432

Smitty.9432

Stacking is messed up for certain items.

For example, I just opened a chest and recieved various boosters such as crafting and XP and they do not stack with my previously collected boosters. Very annoying for bank/inventory purposes.

Posted by: Aliferus.9031

Aliferus.9031

Crafting – for example food – no description.

I’ve met almost all bugs here also, got 3 client crashes during Tequatl…
It really seems like build tag “lets-test-it-on-stupid-users”.
It’s shame that some techniques has been crippled to work “properly” but… these made the game more funny on the other hand serious bugs still remains like “cannot pick up the crystal (Fractals – end boss) because my character is shooting and I can’t stop it” or “not able to revive” issue.
1 more note to release notes – “bug fixes” – 2 bugs fixed – 1 is server side that users may believe, the second has easy workaround and the bug probably happens rarely…
So are you serious with this marvelous build?

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

The great jungle wurm lost its textures.

:)

Josh’s Gummy Wurm, feature not bug

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

sylvari glow is gone , eyes dont look right , skin color is flat

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

- Guild Chat doesn’t work for 1/2 the guilds
- 50% vote threshold doesn’t work
- First Person problems: aegis, longbows, items which show over characters head
- Sound bugs (on both skills and dialogue)
- Loading Screen is pushed up like the camera (so 1/3 of screen is black)
- Report a bug is messed up
- FPS drops
- Sluggish Camera Rotation
- Changing Reward Track crashes game
- Can’t buy traits (I haven’t verified this but have heard it)
- Minimap has a gap (which causes points to go over the screen)
-All our guild builds that were building show done and shouldnt be can’t activate them, one build building in the extra asruan spot is now que’d and can’t start the extra build spot that shows available now.
-Client crashes for some when going offline to fix guild chat and getting the you are not in a guild message.
-Main human ranger randomly says and shouts stuff my other toons say in combat or at merchant in their voices, even says Attack randomly in LA for my pet or some other combat saying that another race use’s and says.
And the list can and does go on so much is broken now its beyond belief FIX ALL THIS ASAP

(edited by DivaCeryn.2673)

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

The “Guild Defender” skin also seems to have lost its textures…

That is an old bug they never fixed from before

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Butch.4957

Butch.4957

Ok maybe i am blind but one of my characters who did not have map completion is now stuck at 99%. When i checked (repeatedly) every area showed completed 100%
I just need a POI but i cant find it. A second characters instead coul get map completion easily (i just needed a couple POIs) related to LS. My remaining characters who all had 100% already are fine.

Have not gotten far enough in forum to see if someone replied to ur post, but have u gotten the single POI in order of whispers hideout? sometimes u will get stuck if u don’t have it.

Posted by: monteiro.8273

monteiro.8273

My launcher end up like this http://imgur.com/DJzcY0z

Tried to -repair, delete the AppData and nothing works.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

A silly but increasingly annoying is the floating mini map. Please put it BACK down against the leveling bar. And, remove those black ends to the leveling bar. They add nothing but make eye sores out of the bottom corners.

I wouldn’t mind but, the bottom of the mini map isn’t even in line with the chat box.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

how in the hell did they break so much in one patch? it wasn’t even supposed to be that big of a patch…

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

how in the hell did they break so much in one patch? it wasn’t even supposed to be that big of a patch…

Wouldn’t be surprised if there were a bunch of behind-the-scenes changes made in anticipation of HoT that they thought they could put in without breaking too much.

Guess they were a bit off on that regard.

Posted by: Blodhgram.6082

Blodhgram.6082

I had to delete the sweetfx stuff to even get past the client. Now when i click on play at character selection, the games loads for a bit, and starts flashing between the desk and black screen. I have to reboot. This almost broke my pc, my monitor stayed black at startup. :S

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

what bothers me the most is that there has been practically no response from anet about any of these issues

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

Bugs galore…..

FPS reduced by half
Loading Screens are jacked-up
Random sounds….comical but tiring after 30 minutes
Skill Lag
Guild Chat
I’m just repeating what many others have already stated
Game is unplayable on lower end machines

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Traits not working.

As elementalist, my cooldown reductions, blast fury, evasive arcana, etc. NOTHING WORKS. Please, fix this ASAP as it really shows how much my DPS/support took a drop. Can’t even remove conditions well…

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Seeing all the beautiful bugs,I think I’ll wait it out while you fellow players quality test
the game on the live servers a bit further.

P.S GG to the awesome internal testers.Clearly nothing gets by them.Next stop
is the Moon.(Now,who ordered Pizza?)

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

My launcher end up like this http://imgur.com/DJzcY0z

Tried to -repair, delete the AppData and nothing works.

The boxes are still there but you just can’t see them. If you have the remember box checked you can click where the usual “Login” button is.

If you don’t have that box checked you can still enter your credentials as normal, you just cant see the boxes you are putting the info into.

I have the same issue as you do & I have been able to log on to my different accounts using that method.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Post patch and still guild queue is broken Because of this my guildies won’t be enjoying magic find for 3 days and other stuff because nothing was building for ages.

Please can someone just tell us what is happening? I just hope guild get a little compensation. It’s going to take ages now to get through the upgrade queue and we need things ready before missions this weekend.

All other bugs still there too, in fact, traits was the ONLY thing I saw that had been fixed. I am sad.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

A tweet by GW2 says they are working on the bugs.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: Silitha The Mystical.5480

Silitha The Mystical.5480

Can confirm the trait “Unholy Sanctuary” in Death Magic line is bugged out. It does NOT activate death shroud at all. Ive even tried re-equipping the trait. ._.

So many bugs….should have just waited until the majority was fixed…..

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

For those of you who are getting the flickering blue bar/black screen when trying to start; Vivianne found a workaround by using command prompts to make GW2 start in windowed mode.

Posted by: fang.9526

fang.9526

I am getting missing challenge mote in “Meeting the Asura” for Unforgiving Infiltration achievement.

Posted by: Elfecutioner.8745

Elfecutioner.8745

For all the stacking bugs I have noticed, the difference seems to be one tooltip saying “Account Bound” and the other saying “Account Bound on Acquire.” This has actually been around for a long while with the instant level 20 scrolls you get from character birthdays, but the funny thing about that one is that it seems to be based on when the toon was made, since I seem to continue getting new ones of both kinds after already having had two stacks. I’m not sure what I can do to “acquire” the items that are already in my bank or a toon’s bag, as they seem to stay “Account Bound on Acquire.”

Borlis Pass
Delia DeLion (Mesmer), Suzi Greenberg (Elementalist)

Posted by: Ezra.5049

Ezra.5049

-Elementalists being invisble in sPvP.

circuitnerd.5863

My fps and ping have gotten alot worse just since this patch also. Normally my ping is 70 or below and tonight it’s hovering around 200. My fps during vinewrath is normally 45 and tonight it’s constantly 30. Idk why the patch has done this but it’s really bad. I know it’s not just me either. And it’s not my internet connection cause my signal strength for my modem is near perfect and my bandwidth is excellent.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

They fixed 2 bugs with the last patch, some server crash and the vendor bug…that’s it?

Fixing stuff takes time. It’s good enough that Anet is working on them. For the meantime, while they fix the others, we don’t have to deal with the vendor’s bug. Isn’t that better than waiting until they finally fix all of them?

Yeah, it’s better having a fix now and then than having to wait longer for a bunch of fixes (that can even bring more issues due a lot done at once).

what bothers me the most is that there has been practically no response from anet about any of these issues

They did (not much as expected though). The issue about vendors showing only usable items was quickly acknowledged as bug.

A silly but increasingly annoying is the floating mini map. Please put it BACK down against the leveling bar. And, remove those black ends to the leveling bar. They add nothing but make eye sores out of the bottom corners.

I wouldn’t mind but, the bottom of the mini map isn’t even in line with the chat box.

In fact, the mini map always had been floating :P It didn’t change. What happens is it had a black background that was also part of skills bar background. What the patch broke was that background image, what caused the minimap to look as floating as well the black boxes on level info (left and right). Just look closely and you will see the skill bar has no background (usually a blueish texture, comparing with old pics makes it clear) right now.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Having issues with some items no longer stacking. I cannot add things like bank express
or XP booster to my existing items in bank. Was not an issue before the patch.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

shadow.6174

My fps and ping have gotten alot worse just since this patch also. Normally my ping is 70 or below and tonight it’s hovering around 200. My fps during vinewrath is normally 45 and tonight it’s constantly 30. Idk why the patch has done this but it’s really bad. I know it’s not just me either. And it’s not my internet connection cause my signal strength for my modem is near perfect and my bandwidth is excellent.

A note about ping: if you usually checks it through command prompt or similar, it just can be that you aren’t measuring it like the game does. The ping utility uses as default a packet of 32 bytes, but the game seems to use a package of 10240 bytes. Try to set it like that and check if both in-game and the utility matches (for Windows 7 [maybe other versions too] add -l 10240 to the command).

circuitnerd.5863

A note about ping: if you usually checks it through command prompt or similar, it just can be that you aren’t measuring it like the game does. The ping utility uses as default a packet of 32 bytes, but the game seems to use a package of 10240 bytes. Try to set it like that and check if both in-game and the utility matches (for Windows 7 [maybe other versions too] add -l 10240 to the command).

The ping is the same whether checked ingame or thru a terminal.

Certified Gameaholic

shadow.6174

I have found some other weird issues:

When teleporting via WP in world map, after clicking a WP the prompt looks bigger than before (not a big deal though) and the map does that closing animation (as if you hit Esc) before it goes to loading screen.

And a peculiar thing regarding Bug Report tool: under one of the categories (I can’t recall which one right now) you will see as Sub-Area something like “Profession: Revenant” xD Yup, it looks like they are putting expansion related stuff in this patch. Also, it seems like the messed localized names in Bug Report and items can be due some misplaced new string somewhere.

shadow.6174

The ping is the same whether checked ingame or thru a terminal.

Ah ok, not the case for you then.

Posted by: mechanizeddeath.3127

mechanizeddeath.3127

Also confirming Unholy Sanctuary trait for necromancer is broken. Does not drop player into Death Shroud upon a lethal blow. The healing portion of the trait still appears to work, however.

Posted by: Armastar.8076

Armastar.8076

The ones I’ve had the pleasure of seeing had all been because of my impatience to create a new alt;

This sylvari alt shouted a male charr racial skill line

Got the Hall of Monument Points without a Gw1 account (and unfortunately I opened the chest since I didn’t know where the achievements came from…I pray to everything holy that this doesn’t get me banned…Will it?)

And after that happened I tried to send a bug report with the messed up submission option. I sent one anyways and formatted it the best I could according to what I could see.

What a buggy day.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Shadows and AoE effects are completely bugged in stereoscopic 3D rendering. It’s so terribad, it’s like the game is going to lose Nvidia’s “Excellent” rating for Nvidia 3D Vision gaming.

Already posted this thread about this issue.

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Confirming the random disembodied voices. Over at my place we are hearing random asuran necromancer and asuran mesmer lines. Another friend is hearing random human male guardian and warrior lines.

Posted by: Orange.8941

Orange.8941

I’d like to add that leaving a party causes me to insta-crash now.

Posted by: Galasuko.1702

Galasuko.1702

Animation:
- Female human’s (maybe others?) left arm (and the rest of my body?) twitches uncontrollably while jumping in place with a staff out in battle stance. I hope my character hasn’t developed jumping seizures.

Functionality:
- Spider Queen in Ascalonian Catacombs now regains the ability to rotate onto it’s target again while vomiting webs (intended? was not doing it before the patch).
- Every boss with a non-projectile cone attack now hits 180 degrees around them instead of the usual 90 degree-ish cone (Ascalonian Catacombs path 1 boss shout attack that confuses, Cadecus Manor’s Sureshot Seamus, etc).

(edited by Galasuko.1702)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Three bugs that I’ve noticed so far:

1. Player voice calls are being broadcast over a wide area (mapwide?) even if you’re not in the immediate vicinity of the player. Some players are abusing this by setting shouts on autocast while in town. It’s kind of amusing, but it gets tedious pretty fast.

2. Some items are not stacking properly. I did a Fractals run today and I can’t stack the 2 new Pristine Relics I’ve obtained with my old stack.

3. Trying to report a bug gives a whole bunch of [[random numbers]] categories. Makes it pretty hard to tell what they’re supposed to be.

shadow.6174

Ah another one. The music from character screen, or even from previous map, keeps playing during loading screen (maybe intended? I don’t see it as bad but it’s not as it was before)

Posted by: Tsawelch.9173

Tsawelch.9173

i keep getting “A disk-I/O error has occurred! Guild wars 2 will now terminate” Please help i dont know what this means i havent been able to play this character for 2 weeks now…… DX

shadow.6174

Three bugs that I’ve noticed so far:

1. Player voice calls are being broadcast over a wide area (mapwide?) even if you’re not in the immediate vicinity of the player. Some players are abusing this by setting shouts on autocast while in town. It’s kind of amusing, but it gets tedious pretty fast.

2. Some items are not stacking properly. I did a Fractals run today and I can’t stack the 2 new Pristine Relics I’ve obtained with my old stack.

3. Trying to report a bug gives a whole bunch of [[random numbers]] categories. Makes it pretty hard to tell what they’re supposed to be.

1: No one seem to be “actually” shouting but “yourself”. Zoom in your character and you will see their lips moving when the weird shouts come out. It’s your own char who is throwing out different voices.

3: There is an interesting thing about that bug (already reported here )

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Oh yes, also, after the patch, all the wvw land claimer objectives suddenly went all white, as if it was friday night reset.

And, F1-F4 skills are randomly sticking on the ‘clicked’ state, basically varying levels of black border. This has happened to my elementalist and to a friend’s elementalist. I haven’t yet tested it on other professions.

Posted by: Gunga.9210

Gunga.9210

Guild stuck at construction of “Research Politics Level IV” at 00:00 for hours now, and none of the other build items will start.

- I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Posted by: Knight In Shining Armor.1708

Knight In Shining Armor.1708

Browsing through this thread, didn’t notice if this was already listed.

I can no longer hear anything coming out of the scepter of thorn, when you click skill 3 for a Madly Funny Joke, I hear nothing, but the animation plays.

Posted by: Jozeiax.8465

Jozeiax.8465

screen occasionally flashing

sweetfx & gemfx don’t work anymore (fortunately radeonpro with SMAA, ambient occlusion & AF still works

Posted by: izzy.5876

izzy.5876

Was doing WvW with my guild and we made a siege golem from blueprints… and got two out of it.

edit: also from earlier, extreme shininess?

Attachments:

(edited by izzy.5876)