Bugs from 16th Patch [Compiled]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

-No collection achievement for salvaging Rotbeard’s Treasure

:’(

That’s not a bug, salvaging unlocks skins, not collection credit. Weapons and armor count towards collections based on their skins, but accessories don’t have skins, so they do not. You have to equip it or right-click and select ‘Add to Collection’.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Our Guild Research is stuck. Not moving at all.

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

After morning patch nothing has changed. Guild Chat disappear as soon as you change tab. Extremely annoying when you are in big guild and you need to keep up with the chats. Pet wont Avoid Combat. Voices come out of no where. Jungle Wurm still blue. So what was fixed in that last patch?

Posted by: RLHawk.3290

RLHawk.3290

No word from ArenaNet about any of the Bugs! Hopefully someone replies here on the forums. as we have only had one minor fix so far

They’re very much aware of this thread and have directed people here to report bugs (See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/3-16-15-patch-bugs/4885176)

And they’ve already fixed a few. Give them time. It’s still early in the day at ArenaNet and we don’t want them accidentally pushing out more bugs in a rush to fix these. I don’t think there’s really any reason for them to reply when they’ve already acknowledged the thread and directed people here.

IGN: Elvendir (Elementalist)
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

When you change the vertical height of your camera it actually lifts the image on your loading screens too lol

Weird, I haven’t done any changes to vertical height but loading screen is lifted for me. Gotta check it closely.

BLACK LION TRADING POST BUG after March 16th Game Patch. :’(

Can’t buy or sell any stuff which pretty much kills the game itself.

I haven’t had any issues with BLT after patch, then I don’t think it’s directly related with the patch.

Posted by: Grom.7538

Grom.7538

I would happily live with all the above bugs were game playable for more than a minute before the graphic’s card crashes (amd 7900 with latest drives). If I do not hen reboot my machine before logging back in I get a BSD almost immediately. All other games are fine this has only occurred since yesterday’s patch.

shadow.6174

They’re very much aware of this thread and have directed people here to report bugs (See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/3-16-15-patch-bugs/4885176)

And they’ve already fixed a few. Give them time. It’s still early in the day at ArenaNet and we don’t want them accidentally pushing out more bugs in a rush to fix these. I don’t think there’s really any reason for them to reply when they’ve already acknowledged the thread and directed people here.

Yup, even though there are a lot of broken stuff and some can be annoying, let’s give them time. Things aren’t fixed in a snap of fingers, also they are just starting their work day and it doesn’t even make 24 hours it went live. Irritating and annoying I know, but let’s be patient, at least they acknowledged them.

Posted by: Legion.3651

Legion.3651

Tomes of knowledge doesn’t stack properly.

I opened the daily reward which gave me a tome of knowledge. However it won’t stack with the rest of the tomes in my bank. I’ve sorted them as 2 separate stacks of 55 and 60 tomes. However both stacks contains tomes gained from either PvP or Daily reward.
Now the 2 stacks are of 2 different types apparently that won’t stack with each other. One says “Account bound on acquire” while the other just says “account bound” and I can’t combine them into a single stack.

shadow.6174

Hey guys. Just an advice: please take some time to, at least, skimm threads and posts before posting. There have been too many posts about exactly the same things over and over… That’s not going to help anything but difficult keeping track of the bugs and making reading tiresome.

Posted by: majhavok.5627

majhavok.5627

I think this has been posted before, but I would like to add that after the patch, like others, I noticed my character(s) are now saying everything (from all classes) and in male and female voices. However, I did notice that it doesn’t happen in main hubs. Just while roaming around.

(edited by majhavok.5627)

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

They really just need to rollback this patch. There are way too many bugs. They’ll never be able to keep track of them all or fix them all (and I wouldn’t expect them too — there are way too many bugs).

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

FPS dropped (I want my FPS back please!) I can’t bare playing with 2-4FPS i just want my 20-25FPS back, so i can play again. I blame the new Camera Beta setting on User Interface option.
Guild Problem
- Guild chat to get it work press Y set offline then online temporary solution, but its annoying when you get on you need to do this everytime you get on just to get guild chat working.
- Guild Buffs queue upgrade stuck at 0:00.
Ranger
- Pet keeps going in combat even its on “avoid combat” status next to F4 skill

(edited by Swishee.2174)

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

I Cannot Log In Completely … All I Get Is The Game’s Soundtrack. (XO User Here)

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

Posted by: aimasira.3786

aimasira.3786

performance bug: when in window fullscreen mode i get stattering and spike lags. when i put fullscreen mode its ok

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Problems i noticed:

-Character creation audio continues when the cutscene after creation follows.
-Major fps drop
-strange audio bug when playing PVE (hearing all sorts of random Voices)

Posted by: HencoWish.1035

HencoWish.1035

When I try to start the game after chosing a character, my screen starts to flicker just after the loading screen for the map. It won’t get into a stable version. I havn’t done anything from last night to my computer or GW2.

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

Going to the Eye of the North is broken. Using the HoM Portal Stone DC’s you with this error message: http://gyazo.com/47594ed4e338c194acc568dbbf292a99

Posted by: Agro of the abyss.2039

Agro of the abyss.2039

major tequatl bugs:

timer skips
Tequatl’s Fingers everywhere
major tidal wave kills everybody

felt like tequatl was on hardcore mode

shadow.6174

Problems i noticed:

-Character creation audio continues when the cutscene after creation follows.

That happens with any loading screen too. I noticed that the sound from character selection screen keeps playing while map is loading.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Probably not a proper bug, more of a side issue but the FOV slider, and new camera lets people see over and attack over walls and then attack on to walls easier in WVW.

Posted by: Nick.9572

Nick.9572

:D setting to invisible crashed my game.

This happened to me as well.

Posted by: Nick.9572

Nick.9572

First time logging in the loading screen hung.
Job o tron backpack won’t say anything

Posted by: doomaster.5120

doomaster.5120

OK, ok. Bugwars 2 – bugs are really EVERYWHERE and game is unplayable after this kitten*ng patch!!! Each part of game is broken bugs everywhere – from ui to game mechanics. I am reading release notes and every single change written here is cripled and break anything else in the game. Plus – even worse – no any real bugfix! Years old bugs are still unfixed and each patch means more new one. Bugs are increasing exponencially!

Another else bugs:

• party UI is totally broken, you can not see life bars for others if they are on different server/location
  • downed players have GREEN instead of RED life bar – seriously?!
  • lvl 80 exotic things are salvaged to copper now

Really, do you have QA? Are they all on drugs? Cause nothing could explain this epic fail…

Posted by: doomaster.5120

doomaster.5120

Really, it is impossible count and report all new bugs because bugs are EVERYWHERE. Only revert could save the game…

shadow.6174

Whut???? Wow.

A note about items not stacking: I don’t know if it was the case but for me Black Lion Chests stacked properly last night. Maybe this one wasn’t affected by the issue then.

shadow.6174

Technically speaking I think I can see what went wrong and caused this mess. There are a few evidences of elements related to the expansion being introduced in this patch and I think something was misplaced somewhere. All game files are packed in a single file (GW2.dat) and then, theoretically, if one of those files is misplaced or something it can affect several other files, even ones not related between them. Possibly that may be the reason for having bugs spread everywhere and on the most unexpected places. Someone missed the trainee slipping in it some odd file :P

Swishee.2174

Please at least let players recover their normal FPS. Right now i’m trying to play without UI(Press and hold CTRL+SHIFT then press H) because my FPS drop from 20-25 to 2-4FPS but when i do CTRL+SHIFT+H it somehow improved my FPS but its hard to play without UI. I somehow survive by running AC, SE, and TA while hiding my UI(CTRL+SHIFT+H) i don’t know if i can do fractals, other high level dungeons like ARAH, SW/dry top farming, and wvw without UI.

In addition guild queue upgrade still stuck on 0:00

UI=User Interface its on your F11.

Posted by: DogTrainer.6038

DogTrainer.6038

There are so many bugs affecting gameplay. It’s as if someone willfully sabotaged the game. I know that’s not likely, but it does make me wonder how the team could reach the decision to launch the update in the state it was in.

Might I suggest Anet should restore the game to the pre-update state, then debug the update before sending it out again?

Of all the bugs, the severe drop in FPS (even on the lowest settings with no post-processing) has made the game very difficult to play. I actually feel nausea trying to navigate my way around populated areas such as LA and Silverwastes.

Posted by: Eos.6951

Eos.6951

One of my friends got the stack bug (account bound on acquire and account bound) which is taking up a lot of unnecessary space.

The random dialogue bug is hilarious, though I would like it fixed. It ruins the PvE immersion a bit when you’re doing something then your character says something in the opposite gender’s voice.

Switching to invisible mode has crashed me and every person I’ve asked.

There’s sometimes a gap during the loading screens, but I don’t think most people care. Especially people who have short loading times.

All the other bugs I’ve never seen or heard of people having a problem with.

Posted by: Aliferus.9031

Aliferus.9031

Whut???? Wow.

A note about items not stacking: I don’t know if it was the case but for me Black Lion Chests stacked properly last night. Maybe this one wasn’t affected by the issue then.

Yepp, it was mine try. I salvaged with Black Lion and got 3 coppers from exotic earing with jewel.

The sad thing is I reported many bugs in the past and have never got any answer, any refund (when I finished Fractals 50 and got no chest). ArenaNet, good job, keep kittening on your customers.
Sad I have to say that but I’m about to cancel my HoT order and thinking about left this buggy application that is able to freeze my freshly installed computer. I have never seen so many bugs in one app.
Ofc, I don’t expect anybody from “support” will read this even answer…

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

After the patch on the 16th
-All our guild builds that were building show done and shouldnt be can’t activate them, one build building in the extra asruan spot is now que’d and can’t start the extra build spot that shows available now. We use alot of influence and merits daily to keep all buffs and +5% gold and reduced waypoint costs always going.
-Client crashes for some when going offline to fix guild chat and getting the you are not in a guild message.
-Main human ranger randomly says and shouts stuff my other toons say in combat or at merchant in their voices, even says Attack randomly in LA for my pet or some other combat saying that another race use’s and says.
And the list can and does go on so much is broken now its beyond belief FIX ALL THIS ASAP
Logged in this morning to do our builds all the ones that froze or stopped after patch i was able to cancel. que’d 2 builds finished them and activated so did the rest of our builds, when the last 2 were que’d we had asuran outsourcing built so que’d our last 2 builds then did reduced wp costs for the 3rd clicked activate outsourcing it didnt start building but outsourcing was gone as well as the 2nd build in que that was build won’t show now. Because of this it thinks there are 3 builds going and NOW we only have 1 build spot. it put back merits for the reduced wp build but not the outsourcing build. this wasted alot of our hard earned influence. EVERYTHING listed above is still bugged and not working is anything at all even being done, I would like all the influence we are having to waste because of the problems caused with this patch refunded completely to all guilds and our builds properly working as well as everything else. Spent over 60,000 influence building our buffs in the one slot when there should be 3 when outsourcing is activated and spent my own gold replacing some of our influence since it took so much for our regular builds.
as well as all of the following:
- Guild Chat doesn’t work for 1/2 the guilds
- 50% vote threshold doesn’t work
- First Person problems: aegis, longbows, items which show over characters head
- Sound bugs (on both skills and dialogue)
- Loading Screen is pushed up like the camera (so 1/3 of screen is black)
- Report a bug is messed up
- FPS drops
- Sluggish Camera Rotation
- Changing Reward Track crashes game
- Can’t buy traits (I haven’t verified this but have heard it)
- Minimap has a gap (which causes points to go over the screen)
Guild: Avalons Wraiths [AW]
Server: NA Stormbluff Isle

Attachments:

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

HoT pre beta has started people xD

Looks like we buy it or not but we are definitely testing it hehe. Or rather tasting it.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

Posted by: Areala.6928

Areala.6928

A lot of the issues I’ve had could be attributed to the high number of “Connection failed. Retrying…” instances during the download of the latest patch. Whether it’s my internet or ANet’s, I don’t know. It seems to me though, they would’ve been better off doing the patch in smaller sections and identifying the bugs as they appeared before downloading another section.

As it stands now, the only real annoying issue I have is the continuous NPC/Player dialogue that goes on even if there is no one around.

Posted by: Tsonnthesecond.4089

Tsonnthesecond.4089

don’t know if anyone reported this yet, but i had the guild chat bug, so I went to switch to invisible and that made my client crash, could be mac only bug.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The voices seem to be even more frequesnt now than they were before, perhaps it has something to do with buffs applying to people around the map?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Ezra.5049

Ezra.5049

Just revert the update…. So many bugs we don’t know about.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I sure am glad the waited a week to test this patch before pushing it live…..

Someone must have cracked under pressure:

Anet: “Are you ready with the kitten patch, we’ve been promising it for Tuesday”

Programmer: “We need more programmers, I can’t do all of this myself, fix all the bugs at the same time as programming HoT and the only new PvP map, while all your artists are smoking cigars designing costumes and hats for the Gem Store… And I don’t care about first person view anyway, it’s a gimmick, unless we did it properly with first person view weapons”

Anet: “We need the patch, now!!!!”

Programmer: “ok, ok, whatever it would require months anyway to fix the issues, here you go” (goes to look for a new job)

Gamers: “Yo your new patch has like a million bugs, can’t play, fps drop, won’t install, etc…”

Anet: “Can you fixed all the issues you didn’t have time to fix before the release, take your time.”

Programmer: Epic facepalm

shadow.6174

I sure am glad the waited a week to test this patch before pushing it live…..

Someone must have cracked under pressure:

Anet: “Are you ready with the kitten patch, we’ve been promising it for Tuesday”

Programmer: “We need more programmers, I can’t do all of this myself, fix all the bugs at the same time as programming HoT and the only new PvP map, while all your artists are smoking cigars designing costumes and hats for the Gem Store… And I don’t care about first person view anyway, it’s a gimmick, unless we did it properly with first person view weapons”

Anet: “We need the patch, now!!!!”

Programmer: “ok, ok, whatever it would require months anyway to fix the issues, here you go” (goes to look for a new job)

Gamers: “Yo your new patch has like a million bugs, can’t play, fps drop, won’t install, etc…”

Anet: “Can you fixed all the issues you didn’t have time to fix before the release, take your time.”

Programmer: Epic facepalm

Lol, I know well. Sadly that’s somewhat how things happen in the most of the software development companies out there (I work in one :P). Take a look at http://programmers.life/ xD

Zietlogik.6208

EDIT: Updates my OP with new entries after looking over the thread.

Please only try and post new bugs below this point.

It makes it easier to manage

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

shadow.6174

• Vendors only display usable armor

I believe this one already has been fixed:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue in which players could see only their current profession’s weapons and armors at vendors.

shadow.6174

In case people just don’t see it:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed client crashes.
  • Fixed a client crash that occurred when attempting to enter the Hall of Monuments. Hall of Monuments rewards are temporarily disabled.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Guild Wars 2 Launcher to freeze.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the textures on the Great Jungle Wurm to display incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing trait guides from profession trainers.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Unfortunate Adventurer’s harpoon gun from damaging the Great Jungle Wurm’s pyloric valve in the Triple Trouble meta-event.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the mesmer’s Blink skill from functioning correctly when traited with Master of Manipulation.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the necromancer to enter a downed state instead of death shroud when traited with Unholy Sanctuary.

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Update to Poly-Lumi and Radiant armor, it now works again! Yay!

Posted by: Nomstuff.1954

Nomstuff.1954

I also was trying to get the Dostoev Sky Peak vista in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, but I couldn’t pull the lever that opens the gate to get to the vista. And it wasn’t just me, there was a crowd of like 7 people trying to pull the darn thing to no avail, just getting the greyed out action gear thingy.

Posted by: Sebalon.5913

Sebalon.5913

Another bug to add to the list: When creating a new character, the title screen music continues playing on top of the cutscene.

Here’s a thread about it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Character-Creation-Bug/

Zietlogik.6208

Updated the OP with some of the fixed stuff, and added the music bug

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Updated the OP with some of the fixed stuff, and added the music bug

It makes me very sad to see how long the list is and how little is solved by now. I expect that everyone at ArenaNet is now busy solving these bugs. But when that is done I hope we here an explanation how it is possible that a 6 day delayed patch is so broken.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Some bugs posted here sound really really funny… I only get lag spikes now and then

I want random voices !

And Rose Solane… just imagine what patch would have been like without delay ^^

Posted by: benander.2968

benander.2968

Another bug I’ve been experiencing is a big FPS drop.
This only occurs to me in Fractals of the Mist and my camera/FoV settings are on default value.
Happend to me every time I was in fractals since the update. First I lose the sound, then the FPS gradually get worse until GW2 crashes @ about 5FPS. So I start with my usual 60 FPS, then I lose the sound and FPS drop instantly to about 25, and from there I go down a laggy road. In the molten frac f.e. at the first trash mob group all was good, when following the drill, I started had 25 and no sound and @ the end of the cave I had 12 FPS.
Maybe this will get better with the launcher/client fixes, but I thought it’s worth mentioning.

Swishee.2174

Hopefully next is the FPS problem.

Posted by: Brack.6172

Brack.6172

You keep forgetting that party frame is now uglier than balls and the downed color is too similar to healthy color.
Along with green u-kno-wat. I – ofc – hope it’s just for one day.
(I know it ain’t a bug but I’m still gonna say it is because WHY KRAPPEN THING THAT WAS PERFECT?)