Buried Insight bug? Frozen NPCs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TheoPeo.1234

TheoPeo.1234

I was doing the living story quest Buried Insight in Act 2, where you visit the Asuran city Rata Nova, and up to the part where you activate the city engine everything works fine. As soon as you kill the veteran Chak in front of the portal in the lab, the NPCs run into position and just stand there. Talking to them does nothing, I tried waiting for 20 minutes and nothing happened. I replayed the mission and the exact same thing happened. At this point I can’t progress at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Attachments:

Posted by: Alexander Thorsen.3147

Alexander Thorsen.3147

Was Fighting Mouth of Zitan Problem no matter how many fire balls I threw at him the red meter never went down except for 1/4 of an inch finally had to stop because I was getting no where. Would like to continue but don’t want to waist my time until that bug is fixed.

TheoPeo.1234

Pretty sure you have to actually hit him after you stun him with the fireballs for the record. Try tossing fireballs at him while he’s using the vortex, then hitting him. It’s not the same type of bug either way.

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Next

Theo – so sorry for the inconvenience – we were seeing this bug prior to launch and it was always caused by a cinematic failing to load (which is what’s supposed to happen next). Have you noticed other cinematics in the game taking a long time to load? One of the big changes to HoT is that our cinematics are now full resolution and less compressed – so while they’re a lot better looking, they’re also bigger to download. Have you tried closing the client and making sure you’re fully patched and then try this mission again?

TheoPeo.1234

Thanks for the reply. the quest works now after a client restart!

Posted by: JellyFizzle.4729

JellyFizzle.4729

I restarted my client. It is finished patching, and it locked up again at the same spot. I wouldn’t mind doing it a third time if I knew it would work.

Posted by: Kyori.6091

Kyori.6091

Stuck at the same mission, refuses to load have restarted and fully patched and tried multiple times, all resulting in the same scenario

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I actually noticed, and given the screenshot the OP had the same issue, that the veteran mob dies. Usually, it would go invincible and start the cutscene, but sometimes, as happened to me, it simply dies.

Posted by: JellyFizzle.4729

JellyFizzle.4729

So I tried it on another toon and it worked. The only difference I can think of is that the first toon was condi. Maybe the bug is dying from condi dmg.

Posted by: Squeaky Geekie.6398

Squeaky Geekie.6398

i’ve ran through this instance 6 times, everytime same npc freeze at end. Downloaded full patch and restarted multiple times.

Posted by: Wyse.5976

Wyse.5976

I think you are right about the condi build. It happened to me on my necro. The mob died and then the NPC’s froze up… so I guess I just not, hit him?

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Having this problem here as well while playing my condi necro. Going to run through again after reading this and just use non-condition skills to kill it. Will update this post if it works.

EDIT

Yeah it works, there’s a short period of time where the Chak needs to walk over to Braham, and the conditions clearly kill the Chak off too quickly for it to go over to him and start the cut scene.

So to get round the issue until it’s patched, don’t use any damage inflicting conditions, get the Chak’s health so low you can’t even see the red in its health bar, and it will begin to walk over to Braham and trigger the cutscene.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

(edited by Baamoink.4281)

Posted by: Otos.9134

Otos.9134

I am stuck here, too. I’ve wasted so much time trying to get this to work.

Posted by: evanroey.7264

evanroey.7264

Are you talking about the big Chak? The Chak Blitzer i think its called?

Posted by: Otos.9134

Otos.9134

Having this problem here as well while playing my condi necro. Going to run through again after reading this and just use non-condition skills to kill it. Will update this post if it works.

EDIT

Yeah it works, there’s a short period of time where the Chak needs to walk over to Braham, and the conditions clearly kill the Chak off too quickly for it to go over to him and start the cut scene.

So to get round the issue until it’s patched, don’t use any damage inflicting conditions, get the Chak’s health so low you can’t even see the red in its health bar, and it will begin to walk over to Braham and trigger the cutscene.

Tried again doing this very slowly and got it to work. You just have to be very very patient.

Posted by: evanroey.7264

evanroey.7264

It works don’t use condi on the blitzer

Posted by: Chuckles.8153

Chuckles.8153

EDIT

This is the confirmed work around. Halfway through the fight Braham runs back to the podium, and the other two engage the monster.

Once the monster is close to dying, it runs back to bramah and triggers the cutscene.

What unbelievable coding garbage.

I never liked braham, and this just adds one more thing to me hating him as well.

Posted by: MatthewMedina

Previous

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

The chak is supposed to have a non-interruptable handler before he dies that clears all conditions and makes him invulnerable so that he can trigger the cutscene. Clearly that handler isn’t actually non-interruptable in all cases. I’ll take a look and get working on a fix.

Posted by: Wahrheit.1839

Wahrheit.1839

The chak is supposed to have a non-interruptable handler before he dies that clears all conditions and makes him invulnerable so that he can trigger the cutscene. Clearly that handler isn’t actually non-interruptable in all cases. I’ll take a look and get working on a fix.

Do you know when this could go live? I’d like to keep playing the story, I’m really enjoying it!

Posted by: KellionBane.4956

KellionBane.4956

I have a bug where Taimi just stopped walking, after telling us to follow her towards that moving ley energy. And she’s been standing there for about 10+ minutes

The Guilded Coffer is recruiting. Send me a mail in game, if you wish to join for mindless PVE fun.

Posted by: Ivrae.8231

Ivrae.8231

I just ran into the same bug where I actually killed the chak on my elementalist. I had no idea you weren’t supposed to be able to, and was wondering why nothing was happening. I guess I’ll just have to start over and hope that the patch fixed it.

edit: bug went invulnerable and cutscene triggered properly this time. success!

(edited by Ivrae.8231)

Posted by: jpgsggk.4753

jpgsggk.4753

Not fixed yet?

Posted by: Lindaloef.5196

Lindaloef.5196

I cannot progress the mission after killing the first 4 chaks that show up. The NPCs say their “golem safety” lines and then they just stand there while I can explore the level. Alone. No enemies or anything.

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I’m also getting stuck at the part where you “follow Taimi to the draw of ley energy.” after you fight the group of mobs she just gets stuck there and you can’t progress.

Posted by: jpgsggk.4753

jpgsggk.4753

Hi did the bug get fixed?

Posted by: Socks.9421

Socks.9421

This did not get fixed no, I’ve tried this mission numerous times over the past week and Taimi still gets stuck every time. Either she gets stuck on the way up the hill into the lab, or she gets stuck after getting into the lab standing at the computer after the first wave of mobs spawn. Not wasting any more time on the personal story until this is fixed

Posted by: Harkonnen.5204

Harkonnen.5204

Still not fixed.. i also have the same problem with Taimi getting stuck. tried 3 times.. no more. This bug is frustrating. I was really enjoying the storyline..

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

Same. Taimi is now stuck and I was playing my zerk ranger.

Posted by: Dionan.2645

Dionan.2645

Just had this issue now. Taimi was stuck.

Posted by: Mythilas.7325

Mythilas.7325

I am also having an issue with Taimi getting stuck during this quest. Interestingly, I have tried it four times now, and she does not always get stuck in the same location. Three times it was before the tunnel where the turret things are. Once it was in the actual tunnel, halfway to the lab.

Posted by: Possessed Priest.2870

Possessed Priest.2870

Taimi is also stuck for me too. I click on her and the golem and it just looks at me…

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

I’m also getting stuck at the part where you “follow Taimi to the draw of ley energy.” after you fight the group of mobs she just gets stuck there and you can’t progress.

Same thing for me – some chak spawned, I killed them, Taimi ran back to where she was when they spawned, and then she refused to move any further. Braham and Canach followed me around while I killed the sentries and explored the lab and the orchard underneath, but obviously without Taimi nothing happened.

Posted by: Mina.2409

Mina.2409

I’m stuck on the step where Taimi is following the ley energy to get to Rata. We killed the golem and chak and just like the others said, she walks back to her spot to continue on the path, but then she does nothing. I’ve done this several times before with other characters but had no problems anywhere in the episode, so not sure what’s changed. I am on the 64beta Client most recent patch.

Posted by: Mina.2409

Mina.2409

So I just re-did the episode, and it played fine this time. I didn’t even restart the client.
I thought I’d add the part that didn’t load the last time I tried it.
I was suppose to say: " How’s it working now, Taimi? We back on track?
Taimi: "I think so. We’re almost right on top of the source!
Hope that helps.

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

Any ideas on what triggers the Taimi bug? Just got that far and she’s frozen. No more info?

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Posted by: Xcentric.2756

Xcentric.2756

Experiencing the same bug described above…. Taimi just freezes at the “Follow Taimi to the draw of ley energy” stage. It looks like this has been bugged for over a month. Is this going to get fixed? Its a particularly LONG story instance, and an incredibly frustrating amount of time wasted just getting to the point where it freezes.

Posted by: Lagos.6938

Lagos.6938

Just to update: This is still happening after the patch. Just hit me tonight.

Taimi froze again—this time near the final bend in the tunnel before the control room. This is the third time she’s frozen for me during this quest. >_<

In the past, people said that it helps if you let her always go in front. Did that this time and she still froze; I think it’s just a placebo.

It wouldn’t be so painful if it weren’t such a tedious mission to repeat: ‘Okay, Guild Wars 2. What now?’ ‘Kill this large group of Chak.’ ‘Phew. That was a pain. Now what?’ ‘Do that about 5 more times.’ ‘……’ ’Don’t worry: I’ll give you breaks in the form of long dialogue you get to sit through.’

Doing it a fourth time… I think I want to cry.

Posted by: eclipticmatron.2173

eclipticmatron.2173

Just happened to me as well.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

That’s not the only place the instance can stall at. This has been happening since HoT launched. I got through it on my second try when I was doing it and didn’t run into the issue on either of my other two characters.

https://youtu.be/tHJIysJgvIs

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

I’ve faced the Taimi bug several times and it is majorly frustrating. Fortunately I found a workaround that has worked for me the 6 times I’ve done it since and I offer it up until a*net fixes their scripting. I think the bug is due to an interruption not catered for in the scripting.

1. Play through until Taimi detects the first golem. Go forward and kill it.
  2. Return to Taimi as the second golem comes from behind. Leave Taimi fighting it and head for the main lab (Taimi & Canach will not die and Braham will eventually follow you)
  3. Clear every turret along the way as well as the 3rd golem that you meet near the entrance to the lab. This clears the entire path for Taimi.
  4. Return to Taimi and help finish off remaining mobs/golem/conversations/leyline powerups.
  5. Taimi will have an uninterupted path to the lab and will not bug out.

Posted by: Zuggles.7961

Zuggles.7961

Still a bug. Just ran across this again tonight (Frozen Taimi after killing Chack Vet)

Posted by: Eleazar.2391

Eleazar.2391

Still bugged, just spent ages doing this quest for Taimi to bug out at the bottom of the ramp…..

Posted by: Presac.3860

Presac.3860

Taimi can still be bugged.
Her last line is “I think so. We’re almost at the top of the source!”

Posted by: Caska.4367

Caska.4367

This quest is still having issues – tried 2x on a new character and each time Taimi bugged at the bottom of the ramp right after saying "“I think so. We’re almost at the top of the source!” So frustrating after a long instance to get there.

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

This is still bugged, please tell me if it wont be fixed and I wont bother continuing.

Posted by: Edward Stryder.5706

Edward Stryder.5706

Still bugged. Taimi stuck at the bottom of the ramp and staring at me. Been having nothing but problems with all of the Follow Person X HoT story lines though. Well that is when they actually work and don’t bug out in the middle and just crash.