Burn Bug

Burn Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

The fire field on combustive shot stacks burning and increases damage, depending on the amount of burn on the person. Same with fan of fire, when I fan of fire on shoutbow with no might, I get 3 burn ticks: 437, 415, 394. What? This isnt the way the burn works

Apparently this bug is also on rangers, but I havent tested it yet

Poopy Person : (

Burn Bug

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

my ele focus burn doubles the damage after the first tick hitting 470 then 940.

edit: changed some runes and amulet and suddenly the burning damage went crazy ticking for random numbers lol.

Attachments:

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

Burn Bug

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am also getting weird low-ticks testing with various guardian skills. I am getting ticks of 448 (no buffs or anything) with some random ticks of 358, and one tick of 92 for burning. Strange…

Edit also tested on engie with IP and blowtorch. Seems to happen there too. Get mostly single burns of 605, with a few random procs of only 120.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Burn Bug

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

lol wtf

Burn Bug

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

It “looks” like it could be double ticking, cause the first couple of ticks were 784 and 785.

Then you hit for about 1569, which is close to 784 × 2 = 1568

Now why do the numbers fluctuate somewhat? This could also be due to our hero panel now showing decimals and the calculations are inconsistently rounding up and down? You would think it is just a cosmetic change and calculations would be based on a database and not the numbers displayed in our hero panel.

All just guesses but it sort of describes the screenshots.

Burn Bug

Posted by: BlazinFyre.2410

BlazinFyre.2410

if anyone has a keen eye, this bug was in the first video they released of revenant gameplay. one burn ticked for like 400 and immediately after ticked for 1000. I don’t know why this is happening but the devs most likely know about it

Burn Bug

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Incoming burn guardian meta!

Burn Bug

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Yeah just tested it in HoTM myself and it seems to be doing it with burn, poison and torment but I’m not seeing any problems with bleed. The condi DPS suddenly has extreme variations in damage ticks. Some of the lower ticks are making the condi damage negligent and of little consequence.

Was something changed on purpose that we are not aware of or is this a bug?

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Burn Bug

Posted by: DeTriX.4503

DeTriX.4503

my ranger burns are ticking for 1.4k each! WE ESPORTS!

Genyen
Good Fights
Fort Aspenwood

Burn Bug

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

conditions crit now

Burn Bug

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

conditions crit now

Is this real…?? :O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Burn Bug

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Digums got buffed.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Burn Bug

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

It looks like the conditions are critting (think about it, crits are sudden upward jumps by 50-100%)

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Burn Bug

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Conditions are not critting. It’s something else. My burning has the backwards effect on ranger and ele and does way less than it is supposed to at times.

Burn Bug

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I just ticked 9 with bleed in hotm. I think that says just about enough.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Burn Bug

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Nah this is not some crit system, the condis are sometimes ticking UBER low damage to the point that it’s useless, even while running rabid with full on condi traiting and multiple stacks on the opponent.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Burn Bug

BlackBeard.2873

So apparently this is 1 bug and 1 positive change:

The bug: Conditions doing higher ticks. This is being worked on.

The positive change: Conditions now have partial-ticks at the end of their duration. Smaller ticks are your partial durations finishing up. Now a 1.9s burn is actually more powerful than a 1s burn and will give you 1 tick for full damage and a quicker (in theory) tick for 90% of that damage. However, it needs to be checked that the timing between ticks is actually being truncated too.

Source: Karl in Phantaram’s twitch chat.

Burn Bug

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The positive change: Conditions now have partial-ticks at the end of their duration. Smaller ticks are your partial durations finishing up. Now a 1.9s burn is actually more powerful than a 1s burn and will give you 1 tick for full damage and a quicker (in theory) tick for 90% of that damage. However, it needs to be checked that the timing between ticks is actually being truncated too.

This is a questionable buff, honestly, because unless your only condition or boon on the target was the 1.9s burn that burn would get a second tick in the vast majority of situations. The only time it wouldn’t get the second tick is if you applied it within the 0-0.099s window of the “global” timer on that character.

It is a good change, because it makes these interactions much more obvious, but it actually works as a slight nerf to a lot of condition procs that were not full duration ticks, but were close enough that they still got the full second proc almost all the time.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

Burn Bug

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

On ranger,

throw torch works perfectly fine with a partial prorated tick on the end.

Bonfire is borked and does about 60% of the listed tooltip damage for me. The ticks look like this 609, 548, 487, 426, 365, 304, 243, 182, 121.

Burn Bug

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Great…………..How the hell did this all get messed up lol. So what I am seeing is: Go full HAM on a ranger with torch. But run the hell away from every Ele..Perfect Hope they fix this all soon. I will run some tests of my own here.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Burn Bug

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

It’s not actually doing what we would think of as a normal proration either, at least in some cases. With the terror trait on and master of terror with nightmare runes I am a little short of 2 seconds of fear duration on reaper’s mark. This should give me 1 full tick and 1 partial tick.

Instead, if all I cast is reaper’s mark I get a single full tick and that’s it. If I cast something else before I get 2 full ticks, that is how conditions used to work.

But with say burning and some bleeding I am getting the smaller ticks at the end.

Burn Bug

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

From what i’m seeing it a bug…

A skill with 4s burn + 4s burn should yield 8s burn duration total.
I’m getting only 7 procs of burning. One burn tick hit for 84 damage… making it practically 6 procs.

Not sure what Anet is trying to do but I hope they fix it soon.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Burn Bug

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

With the ALARMING time between patches, you’d really think they’d have these things tested prior to releasing them.

Burn Bug

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ok so it works like this.

Skill 1: 5 1/2 burn duration
5 full procs of burn damage. Second proc will do half burn damage.

If you’re not at 100% condi duration, it will seem like you have a large range of condi damage. It’s really just the end stacks for each condition you put on.
For example: If you have 5 skills that says 2 1/2 duration each. You will see 2 full procs and every third proc will be half damage. It may seem like it’s random damage but it’s just stacks finishing up.

At least that’s what they were going for. Still doing more tests.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Burn Bug

BlackBeard.2873

^I think this is how it is working, but think its not how it SHOULD work, imo. Instead, it SHOULD do 5 full ticks and 1 half-tick OR 2 full ticks with 1 smaller tick on a shorter time-frame followed by 2 more full ticks and a final smaller tick on shorter duration. This was a strange way to implement partial ticks.

Burn Bug

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Something is completely wrong at the moment. I don’t know if it’s burn exclusively or conditions in general. But I got almost oneshot by a guardian after his initial charge – as a warrior with almost 30k hp in wvw.

edit: To clarify. I dodged the charge, got the burn and 1 hit after.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

(edited by gebrechen.5643)