Camera Angle Bug - Feet missing in Hero Panel

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Goon.9628

Goon.9628

Yeah, I missed this post when looking for “Hero Panel” issues in this forum, so I started another topic: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Hero-Panel-Character-View-Too-Large/first#post4425701

Anyway, it looks like Human and Charr are affected when in the Equipment, Wardrobe, and Dye panes. My Norn, Sylvari, and Asura characters all appear fine.

Oh, and it appears to have happened after the 09/09/2014 update.

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

I am having a similar issue. My Human Thief has his feet cut off and he seems larger than he used to be.

However, my Human Mesmer and Norn Guardian (where this is especially noticeable) are much smaller and the resolution is really bad on them.

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

I have the problem on some of my characters, Like my char. My sylvari is fine though.
I have not really paid attention on my human, norn or asura

Posted by: Marlyer.2350

Marlyer.2350

I have the same issue on my first human engineer character but not with my other characters (norn guardian, sylvari mesmer and human necromancer).
I hope that you fix the problem asap.

It hurts, but keep on walking, you are here and you came as a wanderer.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

Feeling this bug too, doesn’t affect every character; my human warrior has been suffering from it since the patch while my sylvari ranger, charr engie, necro and guard and human thief seem fine.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

1st, character scale in the preview
the character is lost his feets

2nd the equipment tab
if u select an equip, example rings or amulet , it show all the items instead of the item for that slot

Attachments:

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Yep, same for me. The broken equipment filter is really annoying.

Posted by: Fragcake.6372

Fragcake.6372

maybe im late with this but is there any way to resize the window or something? its kittening me off.

i think its been like this since the big patch update

(edited by Fragcake.6372)

Posted by: Hulken.1385

Hulken.1385

I personally love the new camera height.
Sadly my Sylvari still has the old camera height so I can’t benefit from the update..
Just give us an vertical camera height slider please!

Posted by: wildmanviper.4351

wildmanviper.4351

Attempting to change my wardrobe but since the latest patch, I can no longer see my characters feet in the Hero panel. Picture attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: xxAndy.3120

xxAndy.3120

When i press [H] for the hero panel, it can’t show the whole body of the character. Is it a bug? How can i fix it.

Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Asuras aren’t affected by this and I don’t think we can do anything to fix it, is annoying hopefully the devs will sort it.

Posted by: xxAndy.3120

xxAndy.3120

So, everyone got the same problem?? It is very annoying…..

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

I thought I was the only one… my human females don’t have feet either.

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

Same here, it makes it really annoying when trying to pick boot skins or dyes.

Yifang.8260

Yes except for asura only players. Irritating yes as I like to see the full body of females especially, forking out gems to get the only high heels for heavy armour (Phalanx) and not being able to see it now, really…

Yifang.8260

Does it affect your asuras if you have any? My asura’s fine, can see the full body but can’t see my norn’s feet.

Posted by: Presac.3860

Presac.3860

I experience this on my male sylvari elementalist and female human guardian, but not on my female norn thief and male asura mesmer. My female char warriors feet can be seen, but they are almost out of view.
Is it every character for you, or is it specific race/sex/profesion combinations?

Posted by: Hulken.1385

Hulken.1385

Maybe it’s not the race but just the height of the character.
Small characters seems to have the camera position far lower than large characters.

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Hi,

Since patch it seems a number of people have been saying they cannot see their character’s feet any longer in wardrobe. Today the bug has appeared for me too. Any idea when this is getting fix?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I just noticed this in the wardrobe as well as in the dye system – really annoying!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Goon.9628

Actually, this issue affects only Charr and Human characters. I noticed it after the 9/9/2014 update. I saw the update today and was hopeful, but, alas, no love. It appears that Charr and Humans don’t resize in the window like the other races do, so if you made a really tall character during creation, the feet will get cut off in the Hero Panel windows. The Preview window (used when looking at new gear) appears to work correctly.

(edited by Goon.9628)

Goon.9628

Actually, this issue affects only Charr and Human characters. I noticed it after the 9/9/2014 update. I saw the update today and was hopeful, but, alas, no love.

Goon.9628

Actually, this issue affects only Charr and Human characters. I noticed it after the 9/9/2014 update. I saw the update today and was hopeful, but, alas, no love. It appears that Charr and Humans don’t resize in the window like the other races do, so if you made a really tall character during creation, the feet will get cut off in the Hero Panel windows. The Preview window (used when looking at new gear) appears to work correctly.

(edited by Goon.9628)

Goon.9628

(edited by Goon.9628)

Goon.9628

(edited by Goon.9628)

Goon.9628

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

It seems pretty random to me which races are affected tbh. Both of my two human characters and my asura have this issue currently, but all others are fine if I recall correctly.

Goon.9628

(edited by Goon.9628)

Goon.9628

Not random. I didn’t put all of the info in my above reply, but I have it here:

It appears that Charr and Humans don’t resize in the window like the other races do, so if you made a really tall character during creation, the feet will get cut off in the Hero Panel windows. The Preview window (used when looking at new gear) appears to work correctly.

Goon.9628

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

So it´s an issue related to character height then and not race? Because I know for sure that at least my asura is max size (for an asura =P).
And yes, it only seems to affect the hero panel, not the gear preview window.

Edit: added screenshot

Attachments:

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

Posted by: CONSTANTINES.2630

CONSTANTINES.2630

Anyone notice some clipping on human armors ?

Goon.9628

Thanks, Skoigoth. My Asura is short, so I saw no clipping. My Norn appears to resize, and so does my Sylvari. I guess Asura don’t resize, either (like Humans and Charr). Strange. I hope this gets fixed soon. It didn’t used to happen, so something broke after the 9/9 patch.

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Affects my human and sylvari characters, haven’t checked the others yet. I don’t think race is a factor.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I love it how devs merged similar topics into this one but have made no comment or fix whatsoever.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Goon.9628

Affects my human and sylvari characters, haven’t checked the others yet. I don’t think race is a factor.

Hmm, Sylvari? And I thought I had it all figured out. My Sylvari character seems to resize in the Hero Panel window along with my Norn character.

Goon.9628

I love it how devs merged similar topics into this one but have made no comment or fix whatsoever.

Yeah, well they have to merge because the Search doesn’t work on this forum.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

My human and sylvari characters are also affected by this bug. My guess is not all humans or sylvari are affected, as it may depend on character height. (My male sylvari is relatively tall.)

Referring to the merging of topics: This is done by forum moderators, not developers. Forum moderators can manage, merge, lock and delete threads. What they cannot do is answer any questions about the game.
The actions of the moderators can, however, increase the chance that a developer notices and reads the thread.

By the way, have you also posted an in-game bug report?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Sorry, u guys have to wait for the next living story update (maybe?). It’s very hard to fix the missing leg because they don’t teach how to do that in literature major courses.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Seriously not even a peep on this yet???

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Autumnmane.3574

A quick acknowledgement of the issue while they were merging all the people asking about it would have been nice…

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Has there even been a simple “we know and are working on the fix” from them on this one? I mean, really.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Kind of annoying, affects my giant Norn and my tallest human and sylvari as well.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Anet please fix! It’s irritating and don’t wanna waste the transmutation charges just to find out it looks bad.

Certified Gameaholic

Autumnmane.3574

Yay I think it’s fixed now, Thanks Devs

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes I just checked it and it seems to be fixed xD (although part of my feet is still hidden, but just a minor part now)

Posted by: Kazimeras.3420

Kazimeras.3420

I can see my hero’s feet in the wardrobe/hero panel now, but the camera when playing a Norn in the game world itself is still higher than it used to be.