Can illusions be caused to experience fear?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Olgerkhan.7018

Olgerkhan.7018

Q:

I have noticed a most peculiar happenstance when i combat the Legendary Sand Giant using illusions. Now then, i can understand how that the Sand Giant can be immune to my memsmer’s psychic skill attacks. But what i cannnot understand is how my illusions; which aren’t themselves, “real”, can POSSIBLY be made to experience fear, and run away, from Dry Top’s Sand Giant’s fearing attack, EVEN when i myself (or my mesmer) am not made to experience that same fearing, at the same time. I should very much like for some individual, who possesses some degree of actual intelligence, and the ability to exercise reasoning, to explain to me how such a thing as this is possible. My illusions are the manifestation of a spell/skill and cannot be revived if they are slain like a ranger’s pet So, how is it, that they can be made to experience fear, at all?

(edited by Olgerkhan.7018)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

They are faking so people don’t know which one is real.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Because game mechanics.

Next!

Posted by: Olgerkhan.7018

Olgerkhan.7018

That doesn’t answer my question, at all. Im reporting a game bug. the fearing skill of the Legendary Sand Giant should NOT affect my illusions, at all. So, is this something that can be fixed; or not?

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I don’t see why it shouldn’t affect your illusions? In PvP such effects do hit illusions so it’s harder for the enemy to see who the real person is. It just happens to work the same way in PvE. This is really not a bug, just a game mechanic.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

That doesn’t answer my question, at all. Im reporting a game bug. the fearing skill of the Legendary Sand Giant should NOT affect my illusions, at all. So, is this something that can be fixed; or not?

Your Illusions are newly created NPCs -> NPCs have to obey certain mechanics.
Fear is one of such mechanics | Stability will prevent the application of Fear and other CC -> Your Illusions (NPCs) do not possess Stability -> Your Illusions are Feared.

You see, one thing leads to the other.

Tune up tomorrow at eleven to discuss gravity, fall damage and their effects on you!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not a bug:

• If clones weren’t affected by conditions, opponents could easily figure out which one is you.
  • As FenrirSlakt says, as NPCs, they are affected by conditions just the same as other NPCs.
  • Don’t mistake the word “illusion” as providing some sort of “get-out-of-effects-free” card — plenty of things in Tyria do not behave as we would expect if they occurred in our world (e.g. burning isn’t extinguished by water and splash damage only hurts foes).
  • It’s not a new situation: my illusions are knocked-back, stunned, etc all the time in open world and dungeon combat.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

• Don’t mistake the word “illusion” as providing some sort of “get-out-of-effects-free” card — plenty of things in Tyria do not behave as we would expect if they occurred in our world (e.g. burning isn’t extinguished by water and splash damage only hurts foes).

Yeah! That’s right. And that’s why… turrets… are immune to conditions and crowd control…