Can't buy butter from vendor anymore...?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Was wondering why I was getting so much chocolate and butter while doing the Charr areas yesterday. Just thought Charr liked butter and chocolate… Anyway, if you need chocolate or butter, the Charr have plenty LOL

Posted by: Zeelle.9245

Zeelle.9245

You said " we dont want our players to grind in our game" – in Manifesto trailer.

If you were afraid that ppl were exploiting crafting for easy exp gain, think again.

1) You can buy exp boost from gem store, so what was the point?

2) Instead of making it grindy and expect us to kill mobs over and over again in order to obtain basic crafting materials, you could have just nerfed the experience gain from crafting.

Please reverse it. I enjoyed crafting, and I HATED crafting in most mmos! Now you made it just as grindy and annoying.

Also, what is the point in making basic consumables like loaf of bread soulbound?
Considering that you made crafting harder now, why would it be a crime to sell them on the Auction House?

Also I wanted to trade them between my characters. I don’t want to level cooking on every character in order to get some sweet buffs.

Where are our promises about a non-grindy game?

This!

I was looking forward to levelling further, but not now. Too many basic ingredients are drops, and some necessary ingredients seem to just not be out there or in too few quantities. When I mine for ore or chop wood, i get 3-4 pieces plus often a nice jewel. In foraging I’m lucky if I get 2 items. In addition, with ore and wood there are only several kinds. In foraging there are so many more kinds of vegies/herbs/fruit it makes it significantly more difficult to accumulate the amount you need to craft an item.

At lvl 50 my cooking is 233, and now since the patch, despite all the mobs I’ve killed and foraging I’ve done, there is nothing I can make that will level my cooking. Such a situation is really nonsensical and extremely frustrating.

Then the work:reward ratio is just not there now. So much more effort for a 30 minute buff is not worth it.

Please revoke this patch. Yes, levelling cooking and the resulting xp gain was too easy before. It was easy because certain items (eg cherries, oranges, peaches) were so easy to buy in bulk after completing the associated heart quest. It wasn’t the basic foods required (eg butter, chocolate) that were the problem. The correction is way out of proportion, especially as it affects drop rates for other crafts now. As has been mentioned, all you have to do is nerf the xp gain, increase the karma required for the foods needing karma, increase the availability of different foods for foraging or triple the number of items gathered in foraging, and imo increase the final cooked food buff to an hour.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

You said " we dont want our players to grind in our game" – in Manifesto trailer.

If you were afraid that ppl were exploiting crafting for easy exp gain, think again.

1) You can buy exp boost from gem store, so what was the point?

2) Instead of making it grindy and expect us to kill mobs over and over again in order to obtain basic crafting materials, you could have just nerfed the experience gain from crafting.

Please reverse it. I enjoyed crafting, and I HATED crafting in most mmos! Now you made it just as grindy and annoying.

Also, what is the point in making basic consumables like loaf of bread soulbound?
Considering that you made crafting harder now, why would it be a crime to sell them on the Auction House?

Also I wanted to trade them between my characters. I don’t want to level cooking on every character in order to get some sweet buffs.

Where are our promises about a non-grindy game?

This!

I was looking forward to levelling further, but not now. Too many basic ingredients are drops, and some necessary ingredients seem to just not be out there or in too few quantities. When I mine for ore or chop wood, i get 3-4 pieces plus often a nice jewel. In foraging I’m lucky if I get 2 items. In addition, with ore and wood there are only several kinds. In foraging there are so many more kinds of vegies/herbs/fruit it makes it significantly more difficult to accumulate the amount you need to craft an item.

At lvl 50 my cooking is 233, and now since the patch, despite all the mobs I’ve killed and foraging I’ve done, there is nothing I can make that will level my cooking. Such a situation is really nonsensical and extremely frustrating.

Then the work:reward ratio is just not there now. So much more effort for a 30 minute buff is not worth it.

Please revoke this patch. Yes, levelling cooking and the resulting xp gain was too easy before. It was easy because certain items (eg cherries, oranges, peaches) were so easy to buy in bulk after completing the associated heart quest. It wasn’t the basic foods required (eg butter, chocolate) that were the problem. The correction is way out of proportion, especially as it affects drop rates for other crafts now. As has been mentioned, all you have to do is nerf the xp gain, increase the karma required for the foods needing karma, increase the availability of different foods for foraging or triple the number of items gathered in foraging, and imo increase the final cooked food buff to an hour.

I can agree with this

Posted by: Bolongo.2043

Bolongo.2043

I would just like to add my voice to the sentiments expressed in this thread. Most of the recent changes to cooking are very poorly though out.

While we’re sort of on the subject, I’d like to point out another issue for crafters in general: they made all the recipes from heart completion karma vendors soulbound. They used to be account bound, which meant that as long as one of my characters had done a particular heart, I could get the recipe for another character with the craft. Now all crafters have to run around the world grinding hearts if they want to be completists. Not fun.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

am I among the few who thinks that perhaps A-net changed the drops and availiblity because they don’t want people to simply power level crafting professions? maybe they WANT us to take it slow and work at getting stuff instead of learning what waypoints to port to to buy stuff the cheapest?

Posted by: Bolongo.2043

Bolongo.2043

am I among the few who thinks that perhaps A-net changed the drops and availiblity because they don’t want people to simply power level crafting professions? maybe they WANT us to take it slow and work at getting stuff instead of learning what waypoints to port to to buy stuff the cheapest?

Have you read the thread? There are several balanced viewpoints saying that yes, some things in cooking needed tweaking, but this massive set of nerfs is over-reacting from the devs part. Unfortunately a very common occurence in MMOs.

Posted by: sugalumps.5082

sugalumps.5082

This is the ONLY MMO where I’ve had fun crafting. I actually looked forward to doing it, and now, meh.

Why do you devs always overreact with the nerf bat? I can understand making ingredients drop instead, but staples like eggs and butter? Get real. How about just make it cost more karma? Making players farm mobs just to level crafting is, for lack of a better word, dumb.

It’s like crafting is so unbalanced overall. Huntsman is ridiculously hard; I’m so much further behind because every single component that goes into the cruddiest item costs too many wood and too many planks and too many ingots. You only allow us to stack 250 of any one item in our collections, but you require 10 copper ore to make 1 ingot?

You need to revisit this whole thing because you’ve sucked the fun out of crafting.

Posted by: Eamil.7168

Eamil.7168

You only allow us to stack 250 of any one item in our collections, but you require 10 copper ore to make 1 ingot?

10 ore = 5 ingots.

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I am going to add that after spending a day with my guildies very craft-centrically gathering (we killed every egg laying thing in sight, cut down every tree, and picked every plant we saw in some early norn areas while leveling up alts), here is what I found:

Butter has replaced pretty much 80% of everything you used to get in those little loot bags. I would estimate we got something around 50 butter from one nights play, each. That’s a little insane.. If I get 50 butter every night from killing mobs, and severely less of every other mat I used to get out of those bags.. butter will become completely worthless, i’ll have to trash it because it won’t even have a TP value.. and I won’t be able to use 50 butter realistically every day in crafting.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.At least, aside from the fact that I now have to guestimate which trees and where, will actually give something for cooking. The lack of realistic communication about this change continues to be highly disappointing.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.At least, aside from the fact that I now have to guestimate which trees and where, will actually give something for cooking. The lack of realistic communication about this change continues to be highly disappointing.The bag items on the other hand, are robbing us of mats from all the other professions while doing an extremely poor and unballanced job of giving us cooking mats at the same time. The patch notes also continue to fail to make any mention of eggs, as if ANet doesn’t even recall that they took them away from the karma vendor.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.At least, aside from the fact that I now have to guestimate which trees and where, will actually give something for cooking. The lack of realistic communication about this change continues to be highly disappointing.The bag items on the other hand, are robbing us of mats from all the other professions while doing an extremely poor and unballanced job of giving us cooking mats at the same time. The patch notes also continue to fail to make any mention of eggs, as if ANet doesn’t even recall that they took them away from the karma vendor.Since we are apparently to be left in the dark about pretty much everything, it would be nice if people could post here where they’ve found things, and what their droprate experience has been like, on the off chance this will at least be tweaked.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.At least, aside from the fact that I now have to guestimate which trees and where, will actually give something for cooking. The lack of realistic communication about this change continues to be highly disappointing.The bag items on the other hand, are robbing us of mats from all the other professions while doing an extremely poor and unballanced job of giving us cooking mats at the same time. The patch notes also continue to fail to make any mention of eggs, as if ANet doesn’t even recall that they took them away from the karma vendor.Since we are apparently to be left in the dark about pretty much everything, it would be nice if people could post here where they’ve found things, and what their droprate experience has been like, on the off chance this will at least be tweaked.PS: What on earth has the forum done to my post. ._.

(edited by Shaileya.7063)

Posted by: Timmy.5721

Timmy.5721

Cooking is not worth it. A couple of professions can make a consumeable (almost every) which are just as good as chef food.

untill I figured out lots of stuff was sold by karma vendors I was unable to lvl my cooking because of the randomness of stuff to gather. Now it’s ridiculously hard to make food, which really isnt that great

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I am going to add that after spending a day with my guildies very craft-centrically gathering (we killed every egg laying thing in sight, cut down every tree, and picked every plant we saw in some early norn areas while leveling up alts), here is what I found:

Butter has replaced pretty much 80% of everything you used to get in those little loot bags. I would estimate we got something around 50 butter from one nights play, each. That’s a little insane.. If I get 50 butter every night from killing mobs, and severely less of every other mat I used to get out of those bags.. butter will become completely worthless, i’ll have to trash it because it won’t even have a TP value.. and I won’t be able to use 50 butter realistically every day in crafting.

Meanwhile.. eggs. We got something like 6 eggs each, after specifically killing every egg laying thing in sight all day. Those are pretty terrible odds, if we kill random things, and get 50 butter. Kill specific things all day.. get 6 eggs.

Cinnamon dropped fairly frequent from green wood log trees. Peppercorn was much more hit or miss. One guildie did not get a single peppercorn until the last hour we played. I got something like 25, she got around 8. Chocolate comes from the same bags as the butter, but less frequently. I would say it was closer to my peppercorn tally.

I still hate this change, because it’s making things harder on all the other professions, just to flood us with butter and rob us of eggs. I could care less about the karma ingredients being shoved in trees because they at least do not rob us of any wood.

At least, aside from the fact that I now have to guestimate which trees and where, will actually give something for cooking. The lack of realistic communication about this change continues to be highly disappointing.

The bag items on the other hand, are robbing us of mats from all the other professions while doing an extremely poor and unballanced job of giving us cooking mats at the same time. The patch notes also continue to fail to make any mention of eggs, as if ANet doesn’t even recall that they took them away from the karma vendor.

Since we are apparently to be left in the dark about pretty much everything, it would be nice if people could post here where they’ve found things, and what their droprate experience has been like, on the off chance this will at least be tweaked.

PS: What on earth has the forum done to my post. ._.

Yeah the drop rates on butter are through the roof. The hubby & I played a few hours last night and had no problem getting over a stack of the stuff.

Personally I don’t understand the need to make cooking having drops, It seemed fine to me the way it was. They could have easily made things more expensive, also recipes from heart vendors are now soul bound so I can’t grab recipes I find on alts and pass them to other characters, meaning if I want said recipes I have grind out the stuff on my other toons. Changes like these make no sense to me.

Posted by: Valkaneer.7834

Valkaneer.7834

I am very… well… angry about this change. My main is at lvl 58 and I have been stocking every cooking item i could for my lower level characters. Getting the matts you need for professions has been very difficult. In other games you go where you need to get what you need Gather or kill what you need to get the matts then you can make the item.

This game has been the worst crafting I have seen so far. Since you have to rely on large amounts of rare drops. My main is a weapon smith. It takes 27 ore and 8 rare items to make a master level weapon. That is insaine.

Today I logged on my lower level character who is now in his 20s. I figured I would start to level his cooking farther, and come to find all the time I have spent banking and gathering items has been worthless due to this patch change. In weapon smithing you only need to buy 1 item. The Ore and Wood is fairly ez to get, the rare is the hard part. Now cooking seems to be even harder than weapon smithing. So now what I have to go back to lowbie land and farm mobs for junk exp to get what I should already have had.

This is unacceptable, I seriously hope this change was not made to force people to buy more from the TP. My opinion of Anet will go down drastically if that is the case. I would rather of payed for a sub than to deal with the extremely unfun grind for low level matts. This is the worst kind of grinding too. You grind low level stuff for stuff you may or may not get, for garbage exp. Very very poor choice Anet.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

So are we ever even going to get a response from someone from ArenaNet or are we supposed to just sit here and get more and more irritated?
This update was horrible and killed the fun i was having in the game and clearly a lot of people are upset.
Why are we being ignored?

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

If people actually read the announcements they’d have known…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-8th-2012

Last paragraph:
· The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges.

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.

Pony.3256

Last paragraph:
· The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges.

If people actually read this thread before posting they would have known…
We already know about the announcement. Clearly.
That’s why this thread exists.
Everyone is upset about it.
Read what everyone has already said.

Posted by: Jezdamayel.4132

Jezdamayel.4132

i am now 400 cooking. i am not saying this to brag i am letting everyone know how to do it ( if you do not if many of you do just skip this post.)
now that most items are drops.

i got from 250 cooking to 400 very fast and i am sure you can get to 1-400 just as fast.

now, the base items might cost a pretty copper ( eggs, oranges) but the items made from them do not.
cake and frosting (so on). i skipped the middle man after looking
at some of the items . i had tons of butter but not enough eggs so i just got the orange cake
( 1 c each ) and the orange frosting (5 copper each) cutting out the middle man as it were and lvlig on that.

just remember cooking is awesome! if you feel you are lacking in ingredients.. look up the items made from it on the TB ( if that item is used to make another) you will get cooking done in no time.

after the orange i used asparagus not that expensive on the TB.i then went to get peaches.. an item that is used for the rest of the cooking lvls. ( they sell from a karma vender)

Happy cooking!
I just want to be helpful

Posted by: Sulmith Greysin.5124

Sulmith Greysin.5124

Last paragraph:

this thread was created asking if the NOTED CHANGES are a bug. your attitude is getting in the way of your ability to notice that.

Pony.3256

Last paragraph:

this thread was created asking if the NOTED CHANGES are a bug. your attitude is getting in the way of your ability to notice that.

Yes, the thread was created asking about changes, but if you’ve been following this post at all, it’s turned into people stating their opinions on the change.
Seeing how you have to type in caps to state the obvious, it must be your attitude getting in the way of noticing what this post has turned into.

I’m not on this thread to argue with other players.
Everyone has been agreeing with each other on their opinions of the matter.
So don’t get crazy.

Posted by: GetsugaTensho.6158

GetsugaTensho.6158

Grind was not in their design philosophy, as they liked to remind us.

So i think Ncsoft or Nexon pushed them to do this so more people can buy from cash shop (aka gems/gold) to spend on ingame items. That’s how I see it

Pony.3256

Grind was not in their design philosophy, as they liked to remind us.

So i think Ncsoft or Nexon pushed them to do this so more people can buy from cash shop (aka gems/gold) to spend on ingame items. That’s how I see it

This is one of the GW2 trailers.
At 1:40 they said they don’t want the players to grind.
It’s mainly why i bought this game.
Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this game, but the crafting has become a grind.
We were told that this game was going to be different in terms of the same old from other MMOs.
Yet after only being out for such a short time, all i see is this game turning into the same old MMOs.
Games like Rift had great crafting and the mats weren’t hard to get at all and I was really enjoying it.
That’s how it was in this game until this recent update.

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

Did I read past posts correctly? They removed the “bought” ingredients that you now have to get as a drop, from your inventories?
NOT. COOL.
I had bags of the stuff. BAGS. That I properly bought at a FAIR karma price. This is shady bullkitten if it’s true. I’m still waiting to log in.

Edit: OH thank god. They did NOT take the bags from my inventory. Not sure about the non-collectible bank though..

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

Did I read past posts correctly? They removed the “bought” ingredients that you now have to get as a drop, from your inventories?
NOT. COOL.
I had bags of the stuff. BAGS. That I properly bought at a FAIR karma price. This is shady bullkitten if it’s true. I’m still waiting to log in.

Edit: OH thank god. They did NOT take the bags from my inventory. Not sure about the non-collectible bank though..

Seriously? You didn’t even check before ranting here?

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

quacthulhu.2546

Seriously? You didn’t even check before ranting here?

In the spirit of most MMO forums, no.

- – - — -- — – - -

quacthulhu.2546

Back on to the topic though, Black Peppercorns drop from Herb Seedlings now.

- – - — -- — – - -

Pony.3256

Back on to the topic though, Black Peppercorns drop from Herb Seedlings now.

Vanilla Beans as well.
Though they are very rare and extremely overpriced on the broker.

I wonder if anyone from ArenaNet even read any of this.
It’s really hard to do other crafts because of this update and I’m not going to spend loads of coin buying overpriced things from the broker.
I have gone through so many supply bags and all I get is butter.

The old way should just be put back with nerfed cooking exp and maybe higher karma prices.
Was this update really the best idea from them?

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Was the ability to purchase butter from the Master Chef removed intentionally or is it a bug that it doesn’t show in the menu items?

it’s freaking lame, cuz all I find out of bags now is chocolate and butter -_- ….

There’s something seriously wrong with the droprate of these things. I mean, all you get is chocolate and butter out of bags lol.

Bags were my main source of farming for cloths for tailoring, now all I get is chef stuff. LAME. .. and completely broken.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’m really bummed about this as well. Cooking was the only crafting I was enjoying, the discovery process was really complex, and running around learning where to find different ingredients was fun. (Now, if Discovery didn’t need the stuff in your inventory to figure out…) Jeweler was getting boring fast, because so many parts become useless outside of their ‘level’, but the cooking, the things I make are useful across the board.

Posted by: gabo.6721

gabo.6721

I’m only leveling Armorsmithing… i [used to] not care any less for cooking since its somewhat my philosophy that if i can only live by using consumable buffs then i’m doing something wrong.

i wasn’t supposed to be affected… but now i am. Cotton stuff is not easy to find randomly and i don’t “farm” in the traditional sense.

I’m not even mad, its not my call how they design the game… but:
We.
Need.
A.
Reason.
To.
Accept.
The.
Changes.

Not just feign ignorance because the rest of the game is fun as heck.

Gabo Silvershine
Isle of Janthir
Learn my name, or do not. The world will know it soon enough.

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

Got tons of mats today I am low level so for butter, chocolate, walnuts and cinnamon just farm the centaurs and drudges in the level 15-25 zones walnuts and cinnamon dropping on every 2-3 tree chop as well. An hour will keep you stocked up for a while.

Posted by: teemoor.4397

teemoor.4397

Cooking had to be changed. Before this you could level cooking 1-400 in AN HOUR. No gathering, just karma resources.

Before complaining, think about other crafting professions. Farming things like blood or totems isn’t fun. And you need hundreds of those. And they cost a lot at TP. Blood for example – you’ll pay up to 16 silver to craft 1 item (8 blood/2 silver). Which will give you +3 armorsmith. Yeah.

Pony.3256

Cooking had to be changed. Before this you could level cooking 1-400 in AN HOUR. No gathering, just karma resources.

Before complaining, think about other crafting professions. Farming things like blood or totems isn’t fun. And you need hundreds of those. And they cost a lot at TP. Blood for example – you’ll pay up to 16 silver to craft 1 item (8 blood/2 silver). Which will give you +3 armorsmith. Yeah.

What are you talking about??
You can still get to 1-400 IN AN HOUR.
They sell an item in the gem store called CRAFTING BOOSTER.
Most recipes only call for two ingredients which are still cheap on the broker.
With the crafting booster you can get to 1-400 easily.

If they “fixed” cooking due to fast leveling, it’s their own fault for selling boosts in the gem store.

Posted by: Lytic.7238

Lytic.7238

I agree it’s somewhat irritating with these changes.. BUT they really did need to put this in. Cooking was way too easy relative to the other trades. This change helps with that.

It’s just the game should have released with these changes, not changed 2 weeks in.

Posted by: teemoor.4397

teemoor.4397

If they “fixed” cooking due to fast leveling, it’s their own fault for selling boosts in the gem store.

Well, if materials are cheap and you can still go 1-400 in an hour, then why do you QQ?

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Undead seem to not carry any cooking ingredients. I have been playing in Orr Maps since this nerf and i have not gotten a single cooking ingredient from any of the bags.

This “fix” was rushed to prevent conversion of Karma to Gold which was very easy as cook.

Instead of actually fixing the problem they created more new problems. Why do Orr undead not drop food items? It’s probably a bug.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Pony.3256

Well, if materials are cheap and you can still go 1-400 in an hour, then why do you QQ?

I’m talking about the other crafts.
Read what everyone has said about it being harder to get other materials due to all the cooking supplies in the supply bags now.
Read the posts in the Players Helping Players forum.
A lot of people are irritated by this update and yet no one has gotten a response from ArenaNet.

Posted by: Calendula.7295

Calendula.7295

Adding my voice to the cacophony…. OMG TOO MUCH BUTTER. NEED EGGS PLS!

I am just like 90% of the voices on here… This was the first time I actually enjoyed crafting in a game… and now it’s gone to hell. Honestly… this change is terrible.

Posted by: Killigraphy.3075

Killigraphy.3075

I’m gonna bump this simply because its ridiculous to level a profession without the ingredients to do so. I don’t wish to grind mobs into oblivion just to get my digital stick of butter. Seriously, the whole “anti-grind” angle is starting to feel like the old bait and switch.

Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor Earth two masters.