Can't create or join a tournament team bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ducktales.8493

Ducktales.8493

After the tournament servers went up my and my friend’s tried to create a roster to play in one. They were all able to receive invites and accept, however I was not. I received the invite but when I pressed the “accept” button nothing would happen. The invite would remain on the screen as if nothing was recognized by the server. However both “decline” as well as the close button “x” did work. At this point we came up with the idea to actually have me create the roster. So I tried after they disbanded the team, except another problem occurred. When I clicked “create roster” the server also didn’t recognize that I was hitting it. It would make the “click” sound but would not proceed to the box to let me invite people into the roster. I tried restarting my account, restarting the game, choosing a different character, and even logging my account on another computer. None of those worked. And i know this problem is specifically effecting only me because when I logged into my friend’s account it worked just fine on my computer. Please help Arena net, the ticket time is too long and the patches are not doing anything. I am not getting the full experience I was promised and thus hope to get a respond as soon as possible. Thank you and please help.

Ducktales.8493

After today’s patch I still can’t play tournament. Thats 5 patches and 4 days, please for the love of GOD help me, cause I can’t play the game. I am incapable of playing tournament mode and I am at the mercy of the video game in which I paid for.

(edited by Ducktales.8493)

Posted by: Campbell.5346

Campbell.5346

Getting the exact same thing.

Ducktales.8493

campbell did you happen to find some sort of solution or are you stuck playing a limited experience as well?

Posted by: eux.9612

eux.9612

campbell did you happen to find some sort of solution or are you stuck playing a limited experience as well?

bump, nope hes my friend we both got this problem at the same time. please fix asap as tournaments are the only thing i really enjoy in this game…

Posted by: Kalin.7068

Kalin.7068

I have the same problem. It started yesterday for me after getting kicked out of Kyhlo and disbanding my roster. I submitted a ticket ingame containing a screenshot and explaination. Basicly I can speak with the tournament npc and i can see the “create tournament” button but it acts like I’m already in a roster therefore does not let me open it/use it. Also when other people invite me to roster, Clickin on “Accept” button doesn’t work.

Ducktales.8493

bump, nope hes my friend we both got this problem at the same time. please fix asap as tournaments are the only thing i really enjoy in this game…

I feel your pain…I just wish arena net did too =(

Ducktales.8493

I have the same problem. It started yesterday for me after getting kicked out of Kyhlo and disbanding my roster. I submitted a ticket ingame containing a screenshot and explaination. Basicly I can speak with the tournament npc and i can see the “create tournament” button but it acts like I’m already in a roster therefore does not let me open it/use it. Also when other people invite me to roster, Clickin on “Accept” button doesn’t work.

yeah I have had this problem for over a week now, kinda sucks

Kalin.7068

“Next software updates
The next software update will be tonight at midnight Seattle time. We don’t expect significant downtime; however players may experience some connectivity issues at this time. "

I hope we’ll get some attention and after this we’ll be able to play. Kinda sucks when your a pvp player and your punished by this kinda of interface bug.

Ducktales.8493

“Next software updates
The next software update will be tonight at midnight Seattle time. We don’t expect significant downtime; however players may experience some connectivity issues at this time. "

I hope we’ll get some attention and after this we’ll be able to play. Kinda sucks when your a pvp player and your punished by this kinda of interface bug.

Yeah kinda stopped hoping that after the 5th patch….sigh

eux.9612

“Next software updates

god i hope so, public games are so boring compared tournaments. would be nice if a rep would respond in this thread!

Ducktales.8493

“Next software updates

god i hope so, public games are so boring compared tournaments. would be nice if a rep would respond in this thread!

i know right?

Posted by: Howl.8263

Howl.8263

A friend of mine has the same exact bug, would be nice an ANet response on the issue, sucks not being able to play together and getting random team shuffles in hot-join :S

Posted by: Miuobyshi.2846

Miuobyshi.2846

same error here ….. arenanet pliz fix that

Kalin.7068

oh come on, do something about this! People suffer enough bugs in pvp.

Ducktales.8493

oh come on, do something about this! People suffer enough bugs in pvp.

right there with you

Posted by: Zaelers.8493

Zaelers.8493

I’ve had this bug for 6 days. Still not working for me, after 3 tickets and a forum post.

Ducktales.8493

I’ve had this bug for 6 days. Still not working for me, after 3 tickets and a forum post.

I still have no idea why arena net is not addressing this problem =(….maybe it’ll be in the patch tonight….sigh like the other 5

Ducktales.8493

I don’t understand why this problem is so hard to fix, the glitch is simple the game still recolonizes all of us still being on a team when we are not. Please help

eux.9612

Yeah this is getting a little ridiculous, at the very least we deserve a response from AN to let us know they know about this bug. I don’t even feel like logging on the game anymore because pug zerg fests get a little boring after awhile.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hey everyone, thanks for the reports; we’ve been working on this issue since it started occurring, and we’re getting close to a fix. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we get tournaments up-and-running again!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Zaelers.8493

At least someone finally responded. Thank you.

Kalin.7068

Thank you Jason for your response. We were losing hope over here.. keep the good work.

Ducktales.8493

No patch again for today?….I’m started to think that was simply stated for us to stop complaining…it has been 8 days since I could tourny pvp and nothing has changed…

Kalin.7068

It’s pretty sad if you think about it.The game has being out for two weeks and we couldn’t play the important part of it for us, for half the time.The thing that hurts the most is that they fixed the chests now, this way we’re losing even more cool stuff, not only the Tpvp gameplay overall

Ducktales.8493

It’s pretty sad if you think about it.The game has being out for two weeks and we couldn’t play the important part of it for us, for half the time.The thing that hurts the most is that they fixed the chests now, this way we’re losing even more cool stuff, not only the Tpvp gameplay overall

sigh don’t remind me

Ducktales.8493

anyone still waiting on anet? anyone get a response when they sent a support ticket?

Ducktales.8493

oh yay they are doing billing maintenance so people can buy gems…..too bad a lot of the people still can’t play the FULL game that we paid for.

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Hey everyone! The programmers have been hard at work addressing this tournament issue and have made some substantial progress. For those of you whose accounts have been affected by this bug, we’d like to know whether you are still unable to join tournaments or whether the issue has been resolved as of this afternoon. If you are able to get in: wonderful! If you are still not able to enter tournaments, however, please reply to this thread so we can follow up on the issue.

Thanks, and good hunting!

ArenaNet QA Team

Kalin.7068

I’m still unable to join Tournaments, its been 7 days for me. The problem as i explained above came after I got redirected to the lobby while playing a ordinary tournament game, I got kicked out of my party roster and since then I’m not able to create or join any rosters.

eux.9612

Still can’t join a tournament.

Ducktales.8493

I’m still unable to join Tournaments, its been 7 days for me. The problem as i explained above came after I got redirected to the lobby while playing a ordinary tournament game, I got kicked out of my party roster and since then I’m not able to create or join any rosters.

Same exact thing happened to me, still cannot join tournaments please help =(

Kalin.7068

I just downloaded the new patch, still can’t create roster.

Ducktales.8493

I just downloaded the new patch, still can’t create roster.

yep the patch has done nothing to relive us poor saps from this problem….9 days without tournament =(

Ducktales.8493

……sigh…..patch tonight maybe?

Kalin.7068

ugh… will you finally fix this or what. This issue is reaching its boiling point.. I’m really sick of this thing, I didn’t buy this game to play pve and on top of that I forced a lot of my LoL buddies to get it so we can play tPvp. I’m kinda tired of defending “its a new game” syndrome. F my life, why those things always happen to me..

sorry if i’m getting a bit off topic, had to take it off my chest.

Posted by: Campbell.5346

Campbell.5346

Still can’t join tournaments, 7 days later… cool game

Posted by: PorchLlama.5769

PorchLlama.5769

I am still unable to join/create tournaments also.

Ducktales.8493

sigh still waiting and still can’t join

Ducktales.8493

You know the worst part about this is?….my friend’s on a daily basis are getting high in glory, I’m still level 13 and they are 35+ simply cause I have no control in entering a tourny. And don’t even joke about the 8v8 pub games its a waste of time.

Posted by: dantae.2186

dantae.2186

I’ve had the same issue since the day of release (8/28) and have received one response to my ticket on 9/1 stating that it was “not forgotten”. I’ve been updating it every few days and have posted on this forum and received no update since.

After almost 3 weeks of waiting I still can’t join tournaments. The support response I’ve received has been pretty abysmal, even considering the strain they must be under with release. It would be nice to be able to play the part of the game I’m primarily interested in and where all my friends are playing. Instead, I’ve just been logging on to see if I can join tournaments at this point.

Ducktales.8493

I’ve had the same issue since the day of release (8/28) and have received one response to my ticket on 9/1 stating that it was “not forgotten”. I’ve been updating it every few days and have posted on this forum and received no update since.

After almost 3 weeks of waiting I still can’t join tournaments. The support response I’ve received has been pretty abysmal, even considering the strain they must be under with release. It would be nice to be able to play the part of the game I’m primarily interested in and where all my friends are playing. Instead, I’ve just been logging on to see if I can join tournaments at this point.

me and you both

Zaelers.8493

Nearly a week later, and I still cannot join or create tourney games/rosters. The lack of support or response to tickets, or speed at which you are dealing with this issue is UNACCEPTABLE… PERIOD.

I’ve tried everything possible from deleting all of my characters, then server transferring, making a character on that server (still doesn’t work), and going back again… nothing works.

Telling us you’re working hard on it does nobody any good. Sure, I have piece of mind that (maybe) one day my game won’t be broken anymore, but I’m quickly losing faith in these “programmers” of yours that have supposedly been working hard for nearly THREE WEEKS on this issue.

I’d just like to be able to play the game I paid $150 for in the way I want to play it.

Ducktales.8493

Alright this is getting bad. It has now been around 12-14 days since I have had the ability to PLAY the game. What is the difference between a hacked account and a player who only plays tourny pvp? NOTHING! We can’t play the game. We have received 2 tells from arena net stating that this problem is being fixed. Yet we see no progress to any of the “patches” to help resolve this issue. It is obvious that we are being pushed to the back of the line in order to solve other issues with “priority”. How is this issue not important? We can’t play the game. I am forced to watch other players streaming tourny pvp simply because of the fact that this problem is not being fixed. Thats right I have to watch OTHER people play this game that I PAYED for because its not being taken seriously. I also know that probably nothing is going to happen again tonight because its Sunday. So yay to another day of not being able to play guild wars 2. Thank you arena net

Posted by: Bloodybadger.7538

Bloodybadger.7538

I am also having this problem, has been happening since launch, still no help.

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Still going on

[LR] Siric

Ducktales.8493

14 days…..14 days……it has been TWO WEEKS since I have had the ability to play tourny pvp and I as well as the rest of the community don’t see a shred of effort to try and fix this. A simple tell does nothing, constant patching does.

Posted by: Bloodybadger.7538

Bloodybadger.7538

Please help arena net. been 2 weeks.

Ducktales.8493

not a single change to game status update……sigh