Can't enter Winter wonderland JP AT ALL.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Luna.6794

Luna.6794

Is anyone else getting this, you talk to the NPC in DR, and it enters you then the loading screen goes to the Winter Wonderland one then it switches back after a few seconds and then goes to load DR and then gives you a server is full message?

Edit: ALL OF THE WINTERSDAY INSTANCES ARE BUGGED. Unfortunately you just have to keep spamming until you get in one that doesn’t have problems. Anet are aware of it but they seem too busy to fix it right now because of the other bug that’s resetting everyones options upon login.

(edited by Luna.6794)

Posted by: Attis.8367

Attis.8367

Same issue here, most of the time the message is “world is full”
Sometimes the JP starts to load, but after 2-3 seconds the loading is changed to DR and i’m returned to the city.

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I’m having this exact problem too.

Got in once, but that was after many tries and haven’t been able to get back in (20+) tries.

Anet makes this an achievement for a collection, but can’t spare the bandwidth to allow everyone to try.

Happy Wintersday.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Posted by: King Usagi.4360

King Usagi.4360

Same here, I don’t like this JP but need to do it for shoulders

Posted by: das neue spiel.5902

das neue spiel.5902

Quick fix for this:
Talk to the npc outside of the jp if he tell you “map is full” wait 4-5 sec and try again should be working

Posted by: Kynmarcher.2184

Kynmarcher.2184

Quick fix for this:
Talk to the npc outside of the jp if he tell you “map is full” wait 4-5 sec and try again should be working

This doesn’t work. I have tried to walk through the portal and talk to the NPC, both times I’ve seen the winter wonderland loading screen appear, before it swaps right back to the Divinities Reach loading screen. I then end up right back in DR.

Posted by: Dethan.1235

Dethan.1235

I too am having this issue. Quite a pain since I just recently figured out how to speed run the JP. Hopefully this error gets fixed soon for those of us having it.

Posted by: Stargalleum.4970

Stargalleum.4970

Same problem I can’t enter

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Same. The amount of bugs and time taken to fix them is getting ridiculous.

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

Same - happens irrespective of whether you try to go through the portal or talk to the NPC.

Posted by: TFox.4608

TFox.4608

Same here. Keeps saying the world is full whether I use the portal or talk to the NPC.

Posted by: Leara.1204

Leara.1204

I have the same problem, and it’s been 2 days I keep getting the “world full” message. I couldn’t do it even once

Posted by: Indrome.3061

Indrome.3061

Same here.
I’m at around 20+ tries, a couple of relogs and still no entrance possible.

It’s growing especially tiresome because the loading times for Divinity’s Reach are at around 80 to 100 seconds. (maploadinfo)
(The loading times for the cities are beyond horrible imo, anyway.)

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Same problem, im doing everything else waiting for Anet to fix it :/

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: Dakeru.2783

Dakeru.2783

Same issue: The loading screen for the JP will be shown for a second and then it changes to the DR loading screen and tosses me back.

Meanwhile the Whiteknights ingame tell me that I am only a minority that is having this issue and that the changes for queues were needed for HoT.

I don’t know what open farming maps in HoT have to do with 3 year old activity instances but hey good to know that the bug doesn’t need a quick fix as long as you can pull the “minority” card.

edit
Got in after 50 attempts – good job Anet.

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

It’s a hell to enter, and a hell to finish thanks to invisible snowballs, random knockdowns when on the presents which all also dissapear at random and depend on other people for some stupid reason. What more can anet do to screw us? Right, make this JP the only way to get a decent amount of gifts for the drinks achievement/shoulders… lately it’s insane with anet.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I can’t get in either. I could yesterday.

I tried 8 times in a row and all I see are loading screens. Wonderland screen for a few seconds, then Divinity’s Reach screen.

Maybe one of those invisible rolling snowballs is blocking the entrance.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I can’t enter Winter Wonderland or Snowball Mayhem.

They just reset back to divinity’s reach.

Like all the other bugs related with Wintersday that I’ve encountered so far, this already happened the last year.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

Same. Tried both today and yesterday. I kept spamming to enter for probably 5-10 minutes yesterday without any luck.

Posted by: NiffyinaJiffy.1532

NiffyinaJiffy.1532

I’m having the same problem, whenever I try to enter I get booted back to DR. My loading screens are really long too which makes this bug even more annoying. I have managed to get into the other Wintersday activities by going to the pvp lobby and going back to DR, but that fix doesn’t work with the JP.

Posted by: Martyrr.4615

Martyrr.4615

Get instance full messages after first successful map resets.

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Still a problem.

My favorite part is when it shows the JP loading screen but then switches to DR loading screen and spends 30s loading back into Divinity WHEN I WAS JUST THERE!!!

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I just tried to join for over 20 minutes, no luck at all.

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

Having this issue intermittently as well. Either I get a message that the world I’m trying to join is full (this is an instance, right, surely more can be spawned?) or I get the loading screen to Winter Wonderland, which promptly changes back to the DR loading screen – thus effectively blocking entry to the activity. I haven’t tried the other two as extensively, but they seem to also be affected.

I can also confirm the “map is full” message after instance reset (last I remember I didn’t get booted out properly when that happened)

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Having the same issue with zoning. I’ve tried joining several times, either getting the DR loading screen or the “map is full” message as well.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

Fix this thing already… for those with slow PCs it takes a couple of minutes for the DR screen to load, its infuriating. And I want to get in so as to fall various times to invisible snowballs and get more infuriated!! :P

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

Seriously this is annoying, not sure if new contents are suppose to be fun or frustrating.

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

yeah I’ve had this problem since yesterday after the update. I tried both the NPC and the portal, the portal tells me the world is full and the NPC loads me but then I load back into DR. I only managed to get into it once after trying about 10 times with the portal and NPC

Posted by: Vulcanite.3012

Vulcanite.3012

I also have a problem with this most tries either give instance full, start loading then start loading DR again and sometimes I even get a serious error. Please fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

Here’s an update: the issue seems to worsen a lot as peak (european) times approach, it worked without a hitch this morning. (Playing on Gunnar’s Hold). The issue is accompanied with the instances having trouble closing and resetting too, since at the times when I had issues getting in, I also had issues with the map not reloading/kicking me when the “match timer” was over.

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

Martyrr.4615

Still getting this bug post patch.

Posted by: kzerot.5142

kzerot.5142

Same bug… Can’t enter instance.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Now I cannot even do bell choir anymore.
I’m always being sent to a full map with no places available.
JP usually sends me immediately back to DR.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I posted this in another thread, but it should go here as well:

Weird things going on with the Wintersday servers. Yesterday I was in the jp when the score window popped up (I hate that- if you’re jumping it can make you miss). Showed everyone’s score and seemed to send everyone back to the start. So there I am at the start, and I notice that I’m the only one in the instance. So I did the jp 4 or 5 times till I got my 15, and not once did anyone else enter the instance. I had it to myself for 10 minutes or so. And I KNOW that there were people experiencing the “world is full” bug while I was alone in the instance, because I asked when I left my very own instance.

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

I still can’t get in.. It just puts me back in DR.

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

Any news on this from a dev? been going on for days and really sucks.

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Still happening, can take an hour to get in. But the most irritating is when it bumps back to the Divinity’s screen and hangs there. Oh and my client has crashed three times now, but we all know they don’t read those reports either.

No, JNetRocks, no word from the devs because you don’t get any word from Anet on the forums at all, unless you start a post with “Jeez Gaile, you do a great job”. Then she may deign to post.

Martyrr.4615

Ok, if your going to allow FTP to access content, please expand your instances of the content….can not get into this JP

Manasa Devi.7958

When there was a patch earlier I thought this would be the thing they’d be fixing.

No such luck.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

When there was a patch earlier I thought this would be the thing they’d be fixing.

No such luck.

It has been improved by far.

It kicks you out from times to times, but very few times compared to before the update.

However, I remark that now when it kicks you out or you leave from the JP, it sometimes ports you at the tp and not before the jumping puzzle portal ><

(edited by Yunielesca.2850)

Manasa Devi.7958

Well, that’s your experience.

My experience just now was that I still need to try for 10 minutes to get into it, and then ended up in an instance with just 01:00 on the clock. At the end of that minute, I got kicked back to Divinity’s to start all over again. Which I didn’t.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Yes, maybe it’s linked to my server and the fact that there would be less people today, I don’t know.

edit : Yup you were right, nothing has changed, I was just lucky because my server was empty I guess.

(edited by Yunielesca.2850)

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

Played it last night after the latest patch and had absolutely ZERO problems connecting. Just went straight into the Wintersday level as expected, and not once reverted to loading DV after clicking.

Whatever you’ve done Anet, cheers, much appreciated!

Really cannot get enough Wintersday JP….

Posted by: Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

I think “Jay” said it best in “Men in Black”:

DARN

OK … he didn’t say that, but the filter got me. You get the point.

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Add me to the list of people who can’t get into the JP. I spent 4 hours yesturday repeatedly trying to enter it. At least half a dozen times every few minutes. With bigger breaks between attempts to go do some other thing because I was about to blow up because of the repeated errors. Shouldn’t this bug have been a priority since it is a limited time event and been fixed already? Were going on a week since the original report here. And it’s not like this event is new or anything the jumping puzzle has been around since year 1 making this the 4th Wintersday with it. Sorry all the bugs recently have me and a lot of people I know quite upset.

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

can’t get into after 10 tries, waste of time, not trying anymore unless I see bug release notes addressing it. Pathetic.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

One of these days, Anet is going to do this to a decent lawyer and then we will have a class action lawsuit against a company that puts almost all of its game on auto-pilot during seasonal events.

Just like other seasonal events that don’t work, Anet isn’t looking, isn’t caring and ins’t answering yet again.

So how are we to get an achievement if we can’t enter?

Anet?

Tried everyday since the beginning of the event.

Players get tired of game companies who refuse to listen.

crickets – that should not be louder than those who build the game.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Played it last night after the latest patch and had absolutely ZERO problems connecting. Just went straight into the Wintersday level as expected, and not once reverted to loading DV after clicking.

Whatever you’ve done Anet, cheers, much appreciated!

Really cannot get enough Wintersday JP….

Apparently you were one of the last in…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Rodeo.8751

Rodeo.8751

Just adding my voice to the group that I absolutely can’t get into the JP in on or off peak hours. I have tried 20+ times sometimes and not gotten in and it’s very annoying.

Posted by: Eva.6782

Eva.6782

Hi Anet.
Please give us poor players the chance to play your game.
You could try and start by fixing this JP-bug, right?
Thank you.