Can't get into Briarthorn Den via NPC

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

I’m attempting to wear a disguise and access the Brianthorn Den heart area in Caledon. But every time I talk to the the heart NPC Alarin, I choose “I’m ready” dialog option, the cinematic plays (or I skip it) as if I’m entering Briarthorn, but then I’m still my normal appearance outside the den. Ultimately, this means the heart and HP are completely blocked on this character.

I’ve done this heart on eight or nine alts over the years, and this is the first time I’ve ever seen this buggy behavior. Any ideas on what’s going on?

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

Remove all your armor before talking to the NPC. Somebody over at the DE-forums had the same problem and that workaround worked

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Thanks Tiscan, but that didn’t have any effect: I made sure all my equipment was off and tried again, to no effect. I literally had to talk to the NPC and watch the cutscene a dozen times before it finally teleported me into the heart area.

(In fact, there’s a conversation going on in mapchat right now with others having the same issues, and so far nothing anyone’s suggested is working for them apart from sheer dumb luck of it finally working.)