lorddavito.2395

Me and my friend are trying to log in… server seems to be down, plis fix

-Sâmbuca

Can't log in

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

Me and my friend are trying to log in… server seems to be down, plis fix

I just logged in seems fine to me do trace route or use ping plotter probably bad server hop in there some where since both you and a friend if live close to another can’t get in if that is the case it’s possible you can use a vpn to work around the dead server in the route to anet servers. Yea very technical way of doing it otherwise wait till one of the server hops becomes stable bout all you can do.

Can't log in

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

No idea what you just said but… long story short, we’re kittened? I kinda want to log in but nothing is working lol.. gg ante

-Sâmbuca

Can't log in

TEKnowledgy.1760

What I’m saying its not anets servers lol I try to help you understand.
Ok when you connect to net say game or website etc. There is hops goes from your pc to your isp then your isp routes you through multiple servers before you reach final destination. The hops it takes can be few or many, but on avg about 10 hops. (servers your connection passes through)

Heres a example of what im saying, as image this just some random deal i pulled off google just to use as an example.
See all them ip addresses are hops that your internet connection takes to final destination.

If by chance one or more of the hops dies or gets DDoS attacked you’ll get extreme lag and sometimes no connection to final destination.
Most likely this is whats happening to you and your buddy.
Not your isp fault or anets its the “middle men” thats messing it all up.

from 1-3 hops usually ISP stuff 4-say outta 10 be round bout 8 would be middle men and last 2 final destination.

So no probably not frakked out of game forever but after while it may stable out and become fixed then there you go time to play.

Edit: By the way VPN would let you bypass default ISP route how it works you >isp then isp > VPN. Then the vpn takes a different route than your isp does to final destination.
Depending the VPN server you pick you might get lag depends how far away from anet servers it is. i use cyberghost VPN they are pretty good VPN there is a free client and monthly subs if you interested in that http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us

Personally i’d probably just wait till stabilized i’m sure ya boys not gonna die for 1 missed day or few hours of gw2 ita be there when you are able to play again lol.

Attachments:

(edited by TEKnowledgy.1760)

Can't log in

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

still cant log in.

-Sâmbuca

Can't log in

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

still cant log in.

Contact support; that’s the only reliable way to communicate your issue to ANet.
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Can't log in

TEKnowledgy.1760

Sorry man ita be alright it will work itself out.
patients is virtue

Can't log in

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network has a pretty solid guide to how to debug and identify the source of issues like this.

Also, the “gw2 launch buddy” third party app apparently has features that might help identify a working login and asset server, and launch gw2.exe with the appropriate command line arguments to point at them?

I don’t use it, because I have no problems, but it might help you work around whatever is causing you grief in the short term.

Can't log in

TEKnowledgy.1760

Hey man did this problem work itself out any update if same deal today time to contact support.