Can't log into game 3/16/2015

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DeNdReTiC.3481

DeNdReTiC.3481

When I try to start the game, the usual screen shows up where it shows downloading progress, however it remains at 0kb 0kb/sec without giving the option to log in or anything. Help?

Edit: And a second after I post this it starts downloading after waiting like 15 minutes -.-

Posted by: Yodes.3582

Yodes.3582

Same here please fix :P

Posted by: LePigeon.9801

LePigeon.9801

I found this on another post.. worked for me as well

Olorenve.8327:

1) create a folder for a game
2) put a Gw2Setup.exe in it
3) change its name to Gw2.exe
4) run
in my case it begun downloading files in current directory…

This fixed the installer for me

Posted by: Peach Sky.2137

Peach Sky.2137

I added -streaming to the line on my shortcut and that got the game open for me.

Posted by: dicksa.2084

dicksa.2084

it’s okay
i event can’t update and open my client

Attachments:

Posted by: Tyneir.2641

Tyneir.2641

So there’s 2 version of the 0kb/s download problem: for those who are downloading guild wars 2, use LePigeon’s method by moving the setup.exe to a custom Guild Wars 2 folder in your program files. For those of you who already have it downloaded and it just isn’t updating, it seems clearing your bin folder works and for some removing your GEMFX works (although the game looks worse apparently). I had problems downloading it so I only know LePigeon’s method works myself.

Oddly enough, LePigeon.9801, I was actually able to play the game WITHOUT it actually being downloaded?! My version of this problem was the same as everyone else trying to download it but I went to task manager and tried to ‘solve compatability’. It auto-restarted the Setup launcher but this time it was the normal launcher with the game already downloaded. I looked, but I had no game files. I was able to play the game without downloading it. Weird stuff, huh? People in game led me to this forum where I found your solution.

Posted by: Skynetworked.8721

Skynetworked.8721

awesome, you got this working for me!