Can't make Thaw Elixir

Can't make Thaw Elixir

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vethaera.6319

Vethaera.6319

I have been unable to make the Thaw Elixir in Bitterfrost since I finished Crack in the Ice (I went on to finish Head of the Snake and Flashpoint). I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong. I only ever received the buff exactly one time, when I was working the story Crack in the Ice. I don’t want to keep wasting winterberries if it’s bugged or somehow impossible.

I go to the Blister Cauldron with way more than enough of the ingredients, except for the firestone, of which you can only buy one per day. I interact with the cauldron, click on the option to brew the elixir, and it consumes the ingredients (including the firestone), but I don’t get the buff.

After that, Sun Warming no longer has the firestone for purchase.

Since I’d like to go back into the bitter cold to do the Quirky Quaggan quest for the mastery point, this is completely blocking my progress.

Please fix this? Or show me what I’m doing wrong?

Can't make Thaw Elixir

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you have the correct amount of ingredients?

12 Winterberries
8 Suet
3 Eggshells
and the Firestone

If you don’t, it can still consume without giving the buff.

This can affect acquiring the buff, as well:

If nearby enemies interrupt you as you are brewing the elixir, the components will be consumed without successfully brewing the elixir. This includes damage taken from the hot spring itself.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Can't make Thaw Elixir

Posted by: Vethaera.6319

Vethaera.6319

If I understand you correctly, I must be carrying ONLY the correct amount of ingredients? Because I was carrying 50+ winterberries, 30+ suet, and 15 or so eggshells, plus the one firestone.

And — I take damage standing near enough to the cauldron to interact with it, and I see other people standing in the same place and getting the buff no problem. Are you sure about this?

Can't make Thaw Elixir

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can refer to the Wiki for information about acquiring the buff. I’ve not had any issue with it, but it’s also been a long time since I’ve done it.

Good luck.

Can't make Thaw Elixir

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I had to get feathers as well before it let me make it, but I never lost any ingredients.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Can't make Thaw Elixir

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If I understand you correctly, I must be carrying ONLY the correct amount of ingredients? Because I was carrying 50+ winterberries, 30+ suet, and 15 or so eggshells, plus the one firestone.

And — I take damage standing near enough to the cauldron to interact with it, and I see other people standing in the same place and getting the buff no problem. Are you sure about this?

You can have too many; you can’t have too few.
(If you have too few, the firestone will be removed without granting you the buff — that’s what the previous poster referred to.)

If you get interrupted by taking damage, then the ingredients will be removed without completing the elixir. The game doesn’t care why or how you got interrupted.

And to be clear, you don’t actually get an elixir to consume — you just get the buff as if you obtained and then drank it.

One possibility is that you’re standing too close to the spot that damages you, so try sneaking up so that you get an [f] prompt without losing health.

Another thing that’s worth trying is to ask someone in the map for help — you just want them to go with you to the HoT Springs while you talk them through what you’re about to do… and then what you are doing — sometimes describing the play-by-play to another person helps you figure out the the misstep .

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”