Can't progress Crabgrabber achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Do I seriously have to go back into this “I kitten hate it” activity ONCE AGAIN? I don’t need to pay for your fault, anet. It’s your game’s bug, it’s your responsibility.

I got response to my ticket. Pretty much asking me to submit a in-game bug ticket not a customer support ticket……. I took my time, wrote the ticket, and sumbit to you because this is kitten frustrating enough for me(cause I hate crab toss with a passion). Please don’t just say “oh you should do a in-game bug report that no one will ever respond to you”. I am angry enough.

The only day I got the mood to do it and found out it’s bugged. I have endure way too many things like this for this game.

Do you feel Pang’s anger? Mine is like double. I hate this Crab Toss so much, and putting it in the daily is inhuman.

Exactly, and it will be gone when dragon bash came out. If they don’t fix before that…

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Ping.5739

Still not working (what’s new?) as of this post. Would be nice if ANet gave us an update, or have someone telling us they are looking into this bug. Hopefully ANet fixes this bug and give players extra time to work on those achievement, or just the give the achievements to people who were grinding Crab Toss during the time this bug was going on…..

Most of us have completed every single event achievement thus far, and I would be extremely frustrated if a stupid bug stopped that from happening…

A GM told me thru the support ticket that he/she “have(has) notified them about it so they are aware of this issue and are working towards a quick solution, I’d like to inform you that we have got reports of this bug from other player as well, who like yourself had won Crab Toss without getting reward points from this.”

Lets hope it gets fix by the new patch, since he also stated "Crab Toss will go unavailable once the new event “Dragon BASH” comes out on June 11."

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

This is a pretty serious issue for many that seek 100% completion. Barring us from completion due to a game bug that is outside of our control is unacceptable. Especially as there has been no official word on the issue.

I will be hoping we hear from ANet on the issue and for an extension to Crab Toss to allow us to actually complete the content that they provided us.

Note: These achievs, Crabgrabber and Crab-Carrying Competitor are the only things keeping me from 100% in this event and I have 100% in all event categories since launch. Please let me keep this streak going…

Edit: Was able to complete it in this most recent window of non-bugginess. Yay! The lack of any official word is still concerning, though. Boo.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

(edited by SynfulChaot.3169)

Posted by: Rukral.2870

Rukral.2870

Still broken. Just popped in now to check and managed to even fill crabtacular requirements. No achievements, no progress on crab grabber and crab carrying.

I contacted Support on this and and had a short back and forth with them, first getting the standard “Please report this on the forums or in a bug report.” response. I informed support that I had gone through the standard bug support procedures but due to the timed and thus delicate nature of the problem, I was concerned by lack of communication on the problem through any of Arenanet’s normal communication channels. Support responded as below (slightly reformatted to fit the spoiler).

Thank you for contacting us once more regarding this bug with the Crab Toss activity. I understand that it can be frustrating not to see immediate results based on your in-game report. Keep in mind that even if we are able to verify a report made through the game it can take time to resolve the issue. The exact amount of time can vary wildly based on the severity and complexity of each issue. As it has been reported both In-Game and on the Forums, I can tell the Development Team is aware of this issue at this time and they are currently working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2 news. Please let us know if you have any other questions concerns. Thanks again!

So from the looks of this, it seems that they are aware and doing something about the issue. I guess now we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

(edited by Rukral.2870)

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Still broken.

And regarding the support message posted by Rukral, I don’t think they realize we’re not asking them to fix it immediately ("it can take time to resolve the issue), but to let us know whether those of us still trying to finish the achievements have any recourse after the event is over. Considering this has been a problem since the beginning of June, their bed-side manner really could use some improvement from the current silent treatment.

Posted by: Lativado.2308

Lativado.2308

I put off getting crab grabber until last weekend and spent an hour working on it before I realized it wasn’t progressing, a little disappointed I’m going to miss out on a title because I procrastinated. I actually passed up a chance to get it achievement factory style because I wanted to get it “legitimately”. So much for my goal of filling up all the living story achievement panes.

Posted by: Diemos.9854

Diemos.9854

I hope we get credit or an extension, it sucks I am going to miss out on this title

Diemos Kreigsherr – Engineer
Diemos Ki – Elementalist – Tempest Gaming Community [TGC] http://tempestguild.us

Posted by: Colapso.7925

Colapso.7925

Also got this problem, I got all of them before but for Crab-Carrier which is at 232/300. It gave me credit just fine thursday when I got Crabgrabber, but since yesterday it is giving me no more credit… I’ve been logging in to try once every few hours or so, and nothing. I hope they extend this, since it is just plain not fair to deny the achievement due to their own system’s failure.

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

If they’d just cut it out with the constant temporary content, issues like this wouldn’t be quite as annoying.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

Tried to get achievements on my fiancee’s account (because she has lots of trouble with Crab Toss) and was getting nothing. None of the achievements work!! Please fix this and extend the game so people can finish them.

Posted by: Darminiam.9348

Darminiam.9348

Is today the last day before Crab Toss is gone? I’m still not getting any credit for Crab Toss on both Crab-Carrying Competitor nor Crab Grabber. And I should have gotten them by now.

Please fix this before it’s too late for me to get the achievements!

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I’m pretty sure they won’t fix this before Dragon Bash, though I wonder if they’ll still keep achievements available considering nobody’s been able to get achievement ticks for the past week or more.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: mtf.6371

mtf.6371

I made a topic about this but in case a dev sees this I wanted to say I’m stuck at 273/300 for crabgrabber and I did not get crabtacular despite meeting the requirements last night. I won’t have anymore time to do these and the bug is preventing me from finishing before Dragon Bash starts. An update on this would be awesome!

Posted by: Wracken.6243

Wracken.6243

Same problem as everyone else, I won atleast1 match today after a long trial and practise, and I still did not get the achievement Crab Toss Champion. I’ve never won matches like this because of the competitive nature and the only time I managed to win is when the achievement had to be bugged. Very frustrating

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Last day to get the achievements. Stuck at 39/100. Picked up at least 30 in the last hour or so also won and didn’t get daily progression. I am hoping they extend this or something because if I miss out on a title because of bugged crap I will rage so hard.

My brother hasn’t been able to play the game much lately and he just won the crab toss. Didn’t get his title or his daily progress. Fun stuff. So glad it ends soon and these achievements and titles will be gone forever after.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Same, won’t progress.

I’m just seeing a lot of blank bars not getting filled on my achievement tab…..

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Ping.5739

Asked dev again, they said this is a progression bug but not a display bug. Meaning everything you do will be ignored by the game. They also mention this happens randomly, maybe you try again and you will get it.

Posted by: SalvinValkyries.4501

SalvinValkyries.4501

Must be very random then. I’ve tried to chase after all the crab related achievements – at random times – with no success. The progress bars still remain at zero.

SoPP.7034

Asked dev again, they said this is a progression bug but not a display bug. Meaning everything you do will be ignored by the game. They also mention this happens randomly, maybe you try again and you will get it.

What dev where?

I’d just like some clarity. At this stage the only thing worse than not getting these achievements would be thinking I can get them and trying for them, but not getting them.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

That’s just plain BS. The event ends tomorrow and people aren’t getting achievements and their only advice is “well maybe try again you might get lucky”?

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

That’s just plain BS. The event ends tomorrow and people aren’t getting achievements and their only advice is “well maybe try again you might get lucky”?

After what they did with the karka event rewards months ago, I like to think that they will just extend the availability of crab toss or something, but I guess we’ll see.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

SoPP.7034

After what they did with the karka event rewards months ago, I like to think that they will just extend the availability of crab toss or something, but I guess we’ll see.

At this stage I think they would be encouraging some rage from people if they don’t. What’s surprised me is that people have been commenting on this bug from the beginning but there’s been no feedback.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

It’s currently working again for now! Get it done if you can!

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Confirmed working at the moment. Won’t help most people unless they extend the activity, but at least some people will be able to de-stress a bit.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I can also confirm it’s working. Finished off crabgrabber and crab-carrying competitor. Better late than never, I suppose! >_<

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

Yup, it’s working now, got my last remaining achievement! Thanks for posting that update in this thread. <3

Posted by: Persie.4701

Persie.4701

the daily doesn´t work…

Posted by: semiramis.7264

semiramis.7264

It’s still broken for me, i ‘m stuck at 14% completion and it doesn’t matter how many crabs i carry/steal,no progress .I have seen other player reporting crab toss not working.

Posted by: Arunea of Asgard.7512

Arunea of Asgard.7512

Got similar problems, stuck at 75/100 since 2 days ago I think

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Just tried finishing the achievements and none of the three bars associated with Crab toss are working!