Can't replace amulet infusion

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Update 12/17/2013: I noticed the new upgrade extractor item on the TP today which reminded me to re-look into this problem. I was able to replace my versatile simple infusion with the magical infusion just now. Looks like this was a bug and has since been fixed.

I put a +5 agony resist versatile simple infusion in my Golden Lotus ascended amulet with a utility slot, because I didn’t wanna use the more expensive +20% magic find infusion until the innate +5 AR recipe was released (i.e. to upgrade amulets to the infused versions like you can with rings), since that was known to delete any upgrade that was already in the slot when done with rings. It’s not a big deal to lose a 75 relic simple infusion compared to a 20 laurel one.

Today I decided I wanted to go ahead and replace the simple infusion in my amulet with the magic find one now that agony resistance has been re-worked, and it won’t let me since there’s already a simple infusion in the slot.

I know the infusions in rings can easily be replaced just like you can override an upgrade slot with any other rune/sigil in weapons and armor, so I can only assume this is a bug and not an intentional limitation that only applies to amulets… or is it?

Are we expected to have to buy an entirely new amulet just to change the infusion?

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

There are four types of infusion slots and five types of infusions.
The four in common are:

• Offensive
  • Defensive
  • Utility
  • Resistance (new)

Offensive infusions only fit into offensive slots and so on. Here pops your problem up. You want to insert a resistance infusion into a utility slot, which is not possible.

The fifth type of infusion is the

• Omni (versatile)

This type can fit into the former three types of infusion slots (offensive, defensive, utility).

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Offensive infusions only fit into offensive slots and so on. Here pops your problem up. You want to insert a resistance infusion into a utility slot, which is not possible.

No, he wants to put a Magical Infusion (utility) into The Golden Lotus (utility slot) that currently has a Versatile Simple Infusion (omni).

I haven’t yet had cause to replace an infusion in an amulet. I always assumed it would be possible though.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Thing is, I’d done the reverse after the update (replace a MF infusion with the omni +5 resistance infusion) and had no issues.

I’d done this as a necessary step for diving into the 40+ fractals.
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

It might have something to do with item ID’s for ascended gear being changed. I think that was causing problems with fractal capacitors being upgraded in the forge, maybe the infusion just isn’t seeing the amulet as the required “utility” item.

Can anyone confirm whether they’ve been able to replace an omni infusion with a utility one in the past?

Posted by: Michael.1642

Michael.1642

same thing happening for me with rings, trying to build AR resist on an alt and the agony resist +5 from the vendor is trying to replace the existing infusion and not stacking

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Michael, There are two types of infusion that offer agony resistance. For the agony infusion slot, you need to use the infusions dropped by doing the dungeon, or upgraded forms of same. The versatile +5 AR infusion is not versatile enough to go into the agony infusion slot.

//Portable Corpse