Can't salvage rare ring

Can't salvage rare ring

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

One of my characters has a rare, soulbound ring that she no longer needs but I cannot salvage it. I have tried both the Black Lion Salvage kit and a Mystic Forge Salvage kit and nothing. I get no message at all. It just gives me the option to equip the ring. Actually that toon has two rare soulbound rings (and one exotic) and if I swap to the other rare ring I cannot salvage it either. Anyone else have a similar problem or is my character just being difficult?

Can't salvage rare ring

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

If they are Karma rings they are not salvageable….

It is a “feature” so people cant spend their hard earned karma on things they can convert to materials…

Makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it…

Can't salvage rare ring

Figlilly.3907

No they are not karma rings. Just normal rares.

Can't salvage rare ring

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

screen shots of the ring descriptions?

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Can't salvage rare ring

Figlilly.3907

Sure. This is the picture I get when I try to salvage. The problem is with both of the invaders rings.

Attachments:

Can't salvage rare ring

Figlilly.3907

Actually, it is with embarrassment that I think Max Gladius might be on the right track. I did a quick Google and it seems I might have bought these from the pvp vendor and I had forgotten. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time.

Can't salvage rare ring

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Actually, it is with embarrassment that I think Max Gladius might be on the right track. I did a quick Google and it seems I might have bought these from the pvp vendor and I had forgotten. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time.

Actually those are from WvW. Not quite the same as buying from PvP vendor. This is just a months old bug that never got fixed.

Can't salvage rare ring

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

This problem has been a problem for ages….

Karma / Fractal Relics / WvW / Gold currency is “farmed” and “earned” just as each other are…. why we cannot salvage these items is a long asked question….

It makes no sense at all…. it isn’t like karma and fractal relics just appears on our characters over time and this would be some exploit if we could do something with the items we spent “earned” currency for…

Just as Ascended Rings, they pile up, though we were “rewarded” or “purchased” them for earned currency….

How are “fractal relics” and “karma” stored in our “wallet” and not be treated just as all the other “currency” in the game?

Every day I question myself as to why I am still caring enough to post better yet play….

Can't salvage rare ring

Figlilly.3907

Aw Max. You helped me so keep on playing and posting

Maybe one day Anet will rethink their stance on karma/token bought items. As you say, it is something we have earned either through dailies or rewards for participating in activities so it seems wrong that the items are not treated the same way that gold bought items are. I didn’t know that about Ascended Rings but I have not even considered ascended anything yet. That seems a criminal waste.

Can't salvage rare ring

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you might be able to throw it in the MF.
I like to save things that can’t be cashed in in other ways to save up then throw them all in the MF for a chance at something that can be.
first, have this ring in your inventory, then talk to the Mystic Forge. If it’s not greyed out and you can add it to the forge, great! save it in your bank until you have 3 more similar items. Once you do, put all 4 in the forge and you’ll get a random exotic out, which is likely to be able to be sold on the TP.
If you can’t put it in the forge, then the best you can do is sell to a vendor or destroy, or save it in the off-chance they make them salvageable in the future.