Can't switch weapons

Can't switch weapons

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Happened on my Mesmer a few times, no idea how to reproduce it.
The weapon switch button would stay grayed out, keyboard nor clicking would not switch weapomns.
Workaround I found was to switch them once using the arrows on [H]ero panel.

VERY annoying bug…

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Dagok.3948

Dagok.3948

I know this is an old post, but it should place emphasis that this bug has been around a while. Experienced this twice today.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Direwulff.2396

Direwulff.2396

can you use a keybind to weapon swap when this happens?
I would like to know this because the swap in hero panel works so it may just be the hud/ui display bugging

(edited by Direwulff.2396)

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never seen this happen. Which weapons were you using? Did you have an environmental weapon equipped at some point? Was it during combat? or outside of combat?

You might try using the in-game /bug command if it happens again. That way ANet will have there when/where and can look at the logs. Without some additional data, it will be nearly impossible for them to troubleshoot something that is intermittent and difficult to reproduce.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I’ve had this happen multiple times also. I only happens when using a GS & axe/shield on my war. Do use a Superior Hydromancy sigil on shield. I see this most often in AC at the spider queen. Typically ill use my shield to reflect projectiles back to hatchlings then run around corner. After clearing them and queen drops down i notice i cant swap back.

I have to completely break agro remove then replace a weapon to clear it.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Have had this happen on my Necro, using Scepter/Dagger and Staff. Believe I got stuck with the Staff out and couldn’t change to S/D, the button was also greyed out. My Guardian buddy (who, coincidentally, has had this happen to him as well a few times) said to go to Hero Panel and click the button there; which worked – and I was in combat.

However, this is a pretty bad bug and I also have no idea how to repro it. In probably hundreds of hours on my necro it only happened that ONE time. I was in AC explorable btw.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

I have had this bug countless times, keybind and actually clicking the weapon swap button won’t work. What always seems to work however is clicking “h” and swapping the weapons there in the hero tab.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Wordsworth.7694

Wordsworth.7694

I wanted to bump this post given that, over the past weekend, I have had this issue many times and have never seen it before. Initially, I had the problem a few times this weekend while running Arah exp (another member of one of my groups had the same issue). I figured that since I had never seen this before that it might have been an issue with Arah, however, after doing some SPvP this morning and having the same issue occur, I feel safe saying that this issue is far-spreading throughout every part of the game.

Hope that this gets fixed with today’s patch. However, if not, I wanted to bump this post to bring attention to the fact that this issue is still ongoing.

Side note: Dark Revan is correct in his statement regarding switching weapons through the hero screen to fix the issue when it occurs.

[EO]Ex Oblivione
YOU can’t join.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

get this a lot. usually while swapping weapons when some dungeon cut scene starts.

kill all ze thingz

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

this just happened to me twice in the same dungeon run: my weapon swap icon was grayed out & keybinding for weapon swap didn’t work. i had to open my Hero window, and manually click the swap icon to make it work again.

the first time it happened, i wasn’t paying attention to what caused it, so i searched the bug forums and saw Saulius’s post. however, the second time it occurred, i was able to confirm that weapon swapping right as a cutscene began caused it to bug out again.

(edited by Six.8051)

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Happened to me yday too.
I did 2 cof1 runs. I could swap during the dungeon, but when i engage the seering effigy at the end i cannot swap anymore. Happened those 2 runs in a row.
When i got out of the dungeon after completion i could swap again and keybindings worked like before.
It only happened during the bossfight. When pveing in ssc, no problems, after going out of the dungeon no problems, when doing the dungeon, no problems, up until the last part.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

how-to: swapping weapon in cd, get in a cutscene, and you can’t swap anymore.
solution: taking off the weapon you are using and re-equip.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: Ban Sidhe.9637

Ban Sidhe.9637

This is a pretty old topic, but this bug still seems to be around. I just had it happen to me on my mesmer. This was the first time in 1,5 years of playing this game this happened to me.

Weapons:
Greatsword, Sword/Focus

Location/circumstances:
Jetsam Isle – Lornar’s Pass, doing the pirate events on the island.

After killing 2 of the veterans my weapon swapping locked. Neither the hotkey nor the button on screen worked (button became grey). I finished the rest using the greatsword (not handy in small spaces).

Solution:
Then I saw this topic and noticed someone mentioned the weaponswap button on the Hero panel. That is what fixed it for me. The weapons swapped, and the button next to the skill bar and hotkey became usable again as well.

Can't switch weapons

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

get this a lot. usually while swapping weapons when some dungeon cut scene starts.

This is a pretty old topic, but this bug still seems to be around. I just had it happen to me on my mesmer. (…)

Neither the hotkey nor the button on screen worked (button became grey). (…)

Solution:
Then I saw this topic and noticed someone mentioned the weaponswap button on the Hero panel. That is what fixed it for me. The weapons swapped, and the button next to the skill bar and hotkey became usable again as well.

Yes, for the first time it happened to me early today. It was also with my mesmer and in a dungeon, AC to be exact. I can’t recall if it was in cooldown or if I had swapped it before, but I noted it got locked after a cutscene. I just skipped the cutscene and went to fight, then I couldn’t swap it, button was grayed and neither the key worked. Then someone told me to use it on Hero panel and it was what did the trick. Very annoying indeed.