Cannot Use Abilities in Instances

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Since yesterday, I’ve noticed that I will randomly be unable to use any of my abilities while inside instances. It’s not due to lag, since I can still chat normally. Yesterday, I was with someone re-doing a story, so he could fight for me. But today, I’m soloing the latest story and can’t complete it because I can’t fight…

Embered.5089

I also can’t swap weapons.

Embered.5089

Being unable to complete the instance is an exaggeration—after a few minutes, I regain the use of my abilities.
All 3 times so far, it’s during some sort of fight.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

During the thing where you have to throw bloodstones that is the only skill you are allowed. During the instance facing your fears only one person can do anything, the other loses all of their skills again. There are probably more like this. Intended, but not what I would call good design.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That sounds exactly like lag. The chat servers aren’t the same as the game servers, so it’s entirely possible for chat to work fine while your skills appear not to be firing.

If it happens again, contact support. If you know how to run pingplotter or something similar, you can start doing that before they write back

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”