Cannot WP to Frostgorge Sound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I decided to work on Mawdrey this morning. I created the Mysterious Seedling then took all of the other special ingredients (ley line dust, chaos orb, water etc.) and tried to WP to Slough of Despond to enter the jumping puzzle near there. When I hit the WP my client gave me the Frostgorge loading screen, then crashed to a white screen with a GW2 pointer with the error message that I had lost connection to the server. I used the task manager to close GW2, checked Amazon to be certain that I still had internet service and logged back onto GW2.

When I logged back in my character was not near the crafting stations by the Mystic Forge as I expected; he was in the Grand Piazza instead. I tried the above procedure with the exact same results — WP to Slough of Despond, Frostgorge loading screen, crash, restart, back to Grand Piazza. To try to solve the problem I took the LA Asuran Portal to Hoelbrak and tried to WP to the Heart of the Waves WP — Frostgorge loading screen, crash -- this time GW2 did release and return to the information screen instead of the white screen. I did not have to use the task manager to end the application. At this point I did a complete system restart to try to rule out any weird glitches with my computer. When I restarted my character was not at the portal to Lion’s Arch but instead he was at the portal into Wayfarer’s Foothills.

I took my character to the bank in Hoelbrak and deposited all the the materials for creating Mawdrey into the bank, logged to the character selection screen and chose a different character. He loaded into Divinity’s Reach as expected. I WP within DR to Minister’s WP with no problem, got the Mawdrey items from the bank and WP to Heart of the Waves WP, got the Frostgorge loading screen, crashed to the GW2 information/login screen. I logged back into the game and found that I was at a different place in DR than I had left. The WP cost was subtracted from my total money each time.

Character names: Flukke, Teagan Payce
I am happy to try to recreate anything or to have you snoop into these characters to see if you can reproduce the problem.

OH! Almost forgot! When I would log back into the game after crashing each time I was greeted with the error message “The WP you have chosen has become contested…” It may be that this is what caused me to end up in different parts of the cities than I had left from.

I am going to take Teagan Payce and try to WP to Fields of Ruin and walk into Frostgorge Sound. I will edit if I have any trouble getting there.

Edit: I was able to successfully WP to Fields or Ruin, but when I attempted to walk into Frostgorge I again crashed to the login screen. When I restarted I found myself at Sati WP in the SE corner of Fields of Ruin — no where near where I left Fields of Ruin and no message about a contested waypoint.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

If it makes you feel better, my only character is currently in Frostgorge, so I am unable to log in at this time.

Posted by: Cronqvist.5807

Cronqvist.5807

This is a widespread issue, and I am currently experiencing this as well.

Posted by: Nemecyst.5437

Nemecyst.5437

10.28.74.160 is the IP of the Frostgorge Map that doesn’t load.

Attachments:

Posted by: gits.4610

gits.4610

My only character is in frostgorge and im currently unable to connect. its been day after day for me. WvW broke, thief’s stealth broke, now connection issues to maps? I’m going to read a book for a few hours.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

10.28.74.160 is the IP of the Frostgorge Map that doesn’t load.

Ah, great job on providing them with that information. Maybe it will be fixed soon.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

This happened yesterday in Gendarran for about an hour.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: JuneBug.5972

JuneBug.5972

Posted by: Ketrah.9542

Ketrah.9542

The character I was hoping to play is currently locked out because he is in that frostgorge sound map. Well played anet….well played >.>

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: Nemecyst.5437

Nemecyst.5437

Looks like it is fixed now, I was able to log back in!