Cannot attune infused ring of red death [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Khilipl Astrape.9746

Khilipl Astrape.9746

I was trying to attune my ring of red death according to the recipe. I have gathered the other required components but for some reason the infused ring would not show up in the mystic forge. Even if I drag it from the inventory the square just turns red.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Some, but not all, infused rings do not show up in the Mystic Forge, preventing you from Attuning them.

Zelendel

Posted by: Skaazi.8264

Skaazi.8264

Yeah, it appears to be any of the old rings that came with a +5 agony resistance built in, and were grandfathered into the agony infusion system with infusions already are unable to be attuned.

Additionally, attuned rings appear to have the wrong names. My ring of red death became a bagh nakh.

Posted by: Rivien.9571

Rivien.9571

I just discovered this bug as well. Removed all my prior infusions and went to attune the ring in the mystic forge and neither of my rings show up for inclusion into the mystic forge recipe. Guess, I’ll have wait until this is fixed and re-add my infusions back to the ring so i can continue in fractals until this bug is fixed.

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

Confirmed, this is happening to me too.

Posted by: sorenrye.7238

sorenrye.7238

Exactly the same here. None of my infused rings show up in the MF inventory. Is this going to be fixed or not?

I am a bit disappointed, it seems that the most simple things don’t work. So the rings some of us have, are not ‘real’ rings?

sorenrye.7238

How can you create different identifiers for the same item? How can you NOT fix that bug in minutes?

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

Please fix this issue as it is preventing me to properly gear myself for higher scale fractals! Would really appreciate a fix!

Posted by: Jaspreet.6503

Jaspreet.6503

This is very stupid, this bug is STILL not fixed, which is blocking the way for me to do fractals 51+ so i miss out the mastery chest DAILY, which is like aorund 10 chests already by now? And no im not gonna spend alot so i can do the 51+ since i refuse to pay for something which i normaly could reach if ANet didnt screw it up :/

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Erm, shouldn’t be too hard to get enough AR for 50-70 without attuning your rings, if you’ve taken the infusions out, put em back in for now, the infusion removal is only like 25silver.

If you REALLY need to, you can remove all the +5 versatiles, n convert em into +7’s.

You’ll want to do this anyway, since at lvl 100 we need 150AR, which would be a pain to get to without +7’s

I was able to attune 1 of my rings, but not the other, so have been running with a blank ring, still have like 120ar

sorenrye.7238

so … they patched the game several times since I couldn’t attune my rings … and I still cant attune them.

I guess, it must be a very hard bug to fix, because I know anet is very professional.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

I haven’t used the forge a lot so far, but I did quite a few times during the last days.
I noticed that sometimes items will just not be accepted for perfectly fine recipes, depending on what you put into the forge first. Try changing the order of the items you put in, like putting in the ring first. It may help.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Khilipl Astrape.9746

Khilipl Astrape.9746

I haven’t used the forge a lot so far, but I did quite a few times during the last days.
I noticed that sometimes items will just not be accepted for perfectly fine recipes, depending on what you put into the forge first. Try changing the order of the items you put in, like putting in the ring first. It may help.

I asked around and apparently it’s because the rings I had were from very early on when FoTM was just released, so they are bugged in some way. I did try to put the ring first, still didn’t work.

I got a new ring just then, infused and attuned it in the forge and the forge worked fine. Still I hope they fix this because getting all the rings I want again would be a pain in the kitten , and this was never the fault of players.

(edited by Khilipl Astrape.9746)

Posted by: Cirrus.8357

Cirrus.8357

Hope this gets fixed soon :/

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I had this same problem just last night on my main. I used an infusion extractor on my red ring of death and my crystalline band (both infused) and then tried to attune them via the forge. Neither one would show up in the mystic forge panel. I tried everything I could think of, but I figured they were bugged and there was nothing I could do about it. I’m guessing this bug is low-ish priority, so I just went ahead and bought two new rings, attuned them, and then infused them. It was costly, but I don’t want to be held out of high level fractals on account of a bug.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Same prob here. When I link the ring to others it shows the Agony Infusion but when i look at the ring itself it says there aren’t.

I both got my old agony infusion and the versatile one back but i can still see it in the linked ring.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Just had this happen to me last night. I eventually caved and just bought new rings, then attuned them, then infused them. It was a costly endeavor over a bug (especially since I extracted first from the old rings)….

Hope it does get fixed, since I don’t want to repeat this process for every character that I have. :-(

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Fiedi.3297

Fiedi.3297

I ’ve got the exact same problem and filed a ticket already.
You can find my post to this here too:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2/page/11#post5743699

Ticket: 1935583
7. Nov., 14:14

————————
To keep the translation short:
I can’t attune my “ring of red death (infused)” even though i already attuned a “crystalline Band (infused)”.
Its not even showing in the mystic forge. Took out all infusions, made sure its in the main bag… still… not showing up.
I got two of these and it’s been now over 3 days with no response or sollution whatsoever.

Mein “Ring of red Death (infused)” taucht nicht in der Mystic forge auf wenn ich ihn attunen möchte. Ich habe bereits ein “Attuned Crystalline Band (infused)” erfolgreich attuned. Ich besitze also die notwendige Mastery und auch die notwendigen Rohstoffe. Der Ring befindet sich im normalen Rucksack und nicht in einem unsichtbaren beutel. Ich besitze sogar 2 dieser Ringe aber keiner von beiden erscheint im auswahlfenster der Mystic forge. Der nicht infundierte “Ring of red death” erscheint im Auswahlfenster der Mystic forge.
Ich habe besagten “Ring of red death (infused)” extra vorher von seinen infusionen befreit kitten er im urzustand ist.
Warum erscheint er nicht im Mystic forge auswahl menü kitten ich ihn attunen kann?

(edited by Fiedi.3297)

Posted by: Bodz.6187

Bodz.6187

Same problem for me.
I hope it will be fixed in the next update :/

Posted by: SirMaster.2964

SirMaster.2964

Yeah, it appears to be any of the old rings that came with a +5 agony resistance built in, and were grandfathered into the agony infusion system with infusions already are unable to be attuned.

I do not find this to be an accurate description of the issue.

I am also having this problem, but I can confirm that it is also happening with a ring that I infused myself. The rings went into the forge once a couple months ago to get infused, but now it does not show up on the forge screen at all.

The ring itself is very old, yes, but it was dropped normally, not pre-infused.

I don’t really want to make new rings because I have no mists essences which would take forever to get now that shards are only dropped at 50+ or something like that.

(edited by SirMaster.2964)

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

Any info about this from devs pls?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Attuning the non-infused version of the ring and then infusing the attuned ring seem to be a workaround.

Fiedi.3297

Update:
After a whole week of nothing but waiting i finally got an answer to my ticket with a simple demand for screenshots.

Slightly confused because they already got a link to this thread i sent them this screenshot.

Now waiting again…

Attachments:

Fiedi.3297

update 2:

Got an answer today with the advice to delete the rings in question. A working replacement would be sent to me.
I deleted: 2 x “Ring of Red Death (Infused)”
Now waiting for the working ones.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

This issue is known already. It’s because those rings are from pre-fractured patch. I also have two of pre-fractured patch rings that now I can’t attune.

I thought I’d wait for the raid patch, maybe they’ll fix it then.
But if the solution is to delete them and get a replacement I’ll have to file a ticket too then.

Posted by: Guenselmann.9637

Guenselmann.9637

Bump because this has not been fixed. As a returning player this renders all my already infused rings useless.

SirMaster.2964

Bump because this has not been fixed. As a returning player this renders all my already infused rings useless.

Solution has been posted. Open a ticket so you can delete the broken rings and support can give you new working ones. I just did it this afternoon.

Posted by: Caea Guard.6197

Caea Guard.6197

Old rings from fractals still can’t be attuned, they won’t show up in the mystic forge.

It may have something to do with some confused item-ids, the old rings dropped with a +5 agony resist in them, that’s why they never went in the mystic forge.

Tested with old and new rings, other people confirmed that only older rings are effected.
It would be inconvenient to buy new rings only to get the new slots, although we already have them.

(edited by Caea Guard.6197)

Guenselmann.9637

I opened a ticket prior to your reply and am still in the process of dealing with support, which has been a huge disappointment so far.

At first the GM didn’t even understand my problem because he had no idea what an attuned ring was, so I had to link him/her to the corresponding Wiki entry (couldn’t find it themselves), which is frankly laughable. After that I was eventually sent new rings, but apparently they simply restored my old, buggy rings and I am back to square one for now.

I’ll keep bugging them.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Yeah… I won’t be deleting my rings until I get a comfirmation that someone actually did get a WORKING replacement.

But yeah.. that is very laughable and sad at the same time, Guenselmann.

Guenselmann.9637

I finally managed to get working rings. Had to delete the buggy ones they sent me again and got new ones. Took me 7 mails + the initial ticket, but in the end it was well worth it for me.

I suggest you do not delete anything unless a GM tells you to do so.

Fiedi.3297

update 3:

Finally, i got my working rings.

So if you guys are willing to wait something about 2 weeks, after filing a ticket with a screenshot like mine you will get working replacements.

I hope this information can help you guys with similiar problems.

(edited by Fiedi.3297)

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Oh really? Well in that case, I guess I’ll open a ticket then. Thanks for the info guys. Kinda stupid it has to go this route though, they should just implement a global fix.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: freedomgeass.4756

freedomgeass.4756

I’m having some trouble turning my Ring of Red Death (Infused) and Crystalline Band (Infused) into there attuned upgrade.
i have all four items needed Agonized Essences Philosopher’s Stones the +1 and the rings but nether of the rings are showing up into forge menu. i also have Royal Signet of Doric Royal Signet of Doric (Infused) and these to are showing up just fine is this a bug or and i doing something wrong?

karma booster? What karma Booster.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Might be related to rings created prior to the agony infusion update which were grandfathered in with default 5+ agony infusions.

Posted by: Crean.8713

Crean.8713

Bump. Still not fixed. Tried it on all of my characters. I do not want to basically get like 24 new rings and start the whole process over.
Why is no one looking into this?

SirMaster.2964

update 3:

Finally, i got my working rings.

So if you guys are willing to wait something about 2 weeks, after filing a ticket with a screenshot like mine you will get working replacements.

I hope this information can help you guys with similiar problems.

I guess I got lucky, but it was only about 1 hour from my ticket request to getting mailed new rings that I can confirm did fix the problem and allow them to be attuned.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

At first the GM didn’t even understand my problem because he had no idea what an attuned ring was, so I had to link him/her to the corresponding Wiki entry (couldn’t find it themselves), which is frankly laughable.

A GM did not know what you were talking about? That fact alone makes me worry about the quality of help we get.

If their own support folks have no idea what this stuff is and don’t have access to the main data base to look them up, you gotta wonder about that.

Posted by: Gengar.5380

Gengar.5380

I’ll have to try this today. Can’t attune either of my infused rings.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

How can you create different identifiers for the same item? How can you NOT fix that bug in minutes?

Because reasons. We’ve seen it on several items. Quite amazing they still manage to mess these things up.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user