Cannot claim free Heroic Booster in Gem Store

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I logged in just now after reading the booster changes and went to claim the free booster in the gem store.

Upon trying to claim the booster I was given a message stating that the listing has expired and that the page would reload to display the current listings. At this point it still showed the booster as being free, but no matter what I do it will not grant it to me.

The listing says that the sale is ending soon…

Am I out getting this free booster despite it still being there for me to claim?

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t have any issue on my accounts, perhaps a ticket to the CS Team is in order?

Good luck.

StinVec.3621

Interesting. I assumed it wasn’t a wide-spread issue as I didn’t see any other threads reporting it so I did go ahead and file a support ticket. It’s not that huge of a deal, it’s just unfortunate that I encountered an issue with claiming it as it is extremely rare that I have any kind of issue with the TP.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, hopefully they will send you one. Again, good luck.

Oh, did you try clearing your cache? Just in case? I don’t know, might be worth a try…

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I logged in just now after reading the booster changes and went to claim the free booster in the gem store.

Upon trying to claim the booster I was given a message stating that the listing has expired and that the page would reload to display the current listings. At this point it still showed the booster as being free, but no matter what I do it will not grant it to me.

The listing says that the sale is ending soon…

Am I out getting this free booster despite it still being there for me to claim?

They will merge my posting with this one I didn’t see, but my points need to be read by every single player annoyed by this garbage.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I had the same issue trying several times this evening.

StinVec.3621

Just to update the issue for others, Support has decided that they will not manually send me the free booster in an in-game mail due to the issue of being unable to claim it while it was still available in the gem store because of the error it generated.

I think that, with it only being a tiny little temporary booster, they would rather have sent me the free one in an in-game mail instead of insulting me by claiming that it was a misunderstanding. It wasn’t a misunderstanding…it was listed as free and available to be claimed. It was their error that prevented me from claiming it. I understand perfectly.

It’s just a little booster that was supposed to be free for me anyway. It is quite disappointing that they would rather be stingy like this with something so small as a temporary booster than to make things right by issuing it via in-game mail.

Again, I know it is only a tiny, temporary booster, but to me it is the principle of the matter.

Again, quite disappointing. Oh well. :\

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try posting in Michael’s thread. He might offer a different outcome. =)

Good luck.

StinVec.3621

You might try posting in Michael’s thread. He might offer a different outcome. =)

Good luck.

Thank you for your comment. I’ve looked around and can only find Michael Henninger’s sticky in the Account & Technical Support forum for “GW2 Tickets for Review (3 days & older)”. However, as my ticket already has a response on the matter and does not have an issue of seemingly ‘falling through the cracks’ and thereby lacking a response, and it also not being older than 3 days yet, do you think it appropriate to post it there to request the determination by support be altered and reconsidered for the item to be granted?

If you are referencing a different Michael and/or a different thread, could you provide a link to it please? I would appreciate your taking the time to help point me in that direction.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I do. That thread is for issues that require another look, a second opinion, where the player disagrees with the outcome, etc., as well.

It’s not against the rules to post there, no matter the time frame, regardless.

Best of luck.

Edit: I don’t know how long the promotion was/was to be active, but my Guildies, who only log on on the weekends (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) weren’t able to take advantage. But, they are not the kind to bother with CS, so….

It would be nice if such promotions, at least, lasted through the following weekend, so those busy with work, etc. during the week could take advantage of ArenaNet’s occasional generosity in this manner. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

StinVec.3621

Thank you very much.

Also, another thank you very much for all of the assistance you have provided and continue to provide to other players on these forums. I have enjoyed reading your responses on topics and issues these past couple of years.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aww, you make me blush! You are most welcome. I hope it turns out in your, and the others that encountered this bug’s favor.

Good luck.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Thank you very much.

Also, another thank you very much for all of the assistance you have provided and continue to provide to other players on these forums. I have enjoyed reading your responses on topics and issues these past couple of years.

Off topic but I wanted to take advantage to say the same to Inculpatus. I also have seen how you have been participative and helpful around here, that’s appreciated and nice. Also another compliment won’t hurt :P Same compliments for everyone else that does so too xD.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Again, you are too kind. Thank you so much. =)