"Cannot connect to the guild server"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sonora.4189

Sonora.4189

That message is getting spammed to my chat log about every minute or so. Any help to make it stop?

Posted by: Cameo.4073

Cameo.4073

Myself and multiple guildies are also getting this message. We have not opened our guild hall yet.

Posted by: kepi.4957

kepi.4957

I have same problem, started after we tried to launch first PvP guild mission.

Posted by: Nekres.1038

Nekres.1038

Same error here. It tries to reconnect to the guild server every minute, but can’t reach it.
We get kicked out of our guild hall after entering. It reads something along the line “the owner has left the instance, you will be ported back.”

Fix this ASAP, please.

Posted by: Renegado.2301

Renegado.2301

Same Problem here happened after i activated the guild rush for the favor.
My guildies can connect as long as i (Guild leader) is not online.
As soon as i come online i loose connection to the guild server

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

Same issue here, I did some testing to find when I get the message and when I don’t get it.

I get the message in PvE maps (Only checked 2 cities and Verdant Brink) but most likley the rest are also going to give the message.
I get the message in PvP lobby.
I don’t get the message in any instance, this are instances such as Fotm and Guild hall.

To add I also don’t get kicked from guildhall. Guild chat works normally other than that spam of server connection issues.

Hopefully this can help in finding the cause as it is rather annoying.

Posted by: Sathrys.4381

Sathrys.4381

I have same problem. Our guild don’t have the guild hall, it started after I tried first guild missions after HoT release. Could be either PvP (stronghold) or PvE one (rush). I keep getting this message on HoT and core Tyria maps. Sometimes every 3-4 minutes, sometimes literally EVERY minute. So annoying. >_<

Learning English.

Posted by: ashan.3071

ashan.3071

Same problem here, as well as: The website pages takes very long to load, logging in through the client can fail (cannot access log-in server) and takes long, TP has the same problem, friends list doesn’t load.

I’m on Aurora Glade through North West Europe. Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Telerund.9720

Telerund.9720

Same problem here…we can`t start guild missions (we need the favor), we get kicked out of our guild hall…

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Also running into this issue. One of my guilds is having a number of bug issues blocking guild progress. Some players can access the guild info while others can’t see anything in the guild menu or access the guild hall. For those who can, they are unable to deposit anything to contribute mats for upgrades.

This is only affecting one of my guilds; my other guilds seem to be running just fine.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Same here, sporadically getting this message in chat, just running around HoT zones, not in a guild hall. Guild chat seems to be working fine though.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I have been experiencing this, as well.

First, can you tell us if your guild looks fine? And if chat actually works, even with the message you’re getting?

Second, if you’re actually having issues (and not a false message), would you guys be willing to provide the guild name, guild tag, and server? One of our team members has been working a lot of hours on this case (thank you, Glen!) but he’s willing to look into some guild issues if he has information and as time allows. (Note, this will not be an instant fix because in some cases it requires manual intervention, so please be patient. Thanks! )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Clorix.3248

Clorix.3248

I’m having this same issue, however guild chat works fine. Our guild (Brewhaus [BREW] on Dragonbrand) does not have a guild hall yet, either. I first noticed it happening in WvW as we were doing some guild missions yesterday. We started the missions after we already completed them earlier in the week (no clue if this is related or not). I’m still getting this message as of today. I seem to be the only person in my guild seeing this message.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

There is something weirder going on with the guilds, although not sure if related?

Tried to do a guild mission (crab toss) earlier, and we were being kicked out, when it appeared someone started their mission after ours and dropped the crab in their instance. This happened 3 times. We changed map to find one with fewer people doing it, and were able to complete it.

Upon leaving however, we ended up right in the middle of a crab toss guild mission in the open world map much to our shock, and people dead everywhere with a lot of vet karka jumping around.

Separately, on the issue, I remember seeing this error occur once but it was a few days after release of HoT.

Posted by: Wyse.5976

Wyse.5976

We have also been experiencing this. Non-stop spamming ONLY in Lion’s Arch.

Northern Shiverspeak: Voice of Tranquility [VoT]

Posted by: Telerund.9720

Telerund.9720

Kaer Leikur [Kaer] Elonaspitze

Sunday 01.11.2015 20:00 CET

-“cannot connect to the guild server” for all member
-we were not able to enter our guild hall, or get kicked out few seconds later
-we could only start the guild bounty, that’s why we lost the most part of our weekly favor

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Sometimes I recive the message without issues somtimes i have issues. I currently don’t always get that message, only sometimes.
Guild: Unyielding Champions [UC], Riverside

If I get the message and the errors I have these issues or a combination of them:
- Can’t enter guild hall
- Guild Panel shows me as the only member, and on opening I receive a time out message
- chat doesn’t work
- yesterday also my party system didn’t work. I tried to join a party of guild mates they accepted the request. After the ui didn’t show up my party members but I showed up in the ui for my party members. During this issue I experienced issues with the login server, too.

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Gaile, I occasionally get this green message “Cannot connect to the guild server” also.

It happens more often when I am set to “Online” than “Away”.

I have full access to the guild hall & the guild chat when this occurs & can see all the yellow dots on maps.

I suspect it has something to do with the representation of the guild (guild chat changed for HoT in that you can use g1 , g2, g3, etc).

The WvW guild I rep has 500 people in it on a regular basis (sometimes 495-498 depending on kicking of inactives) so it may not reflect everyone’s situation.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I’ve been getting the “Cannot connect to guild server” message frequently this last week. Until last night I hadn’t noticed any actual effects beyond the line of text in chat.

I was getting it on and off all day yesterday. Don’t know if this is related but last night I got the message in text that my wife, who was logged on and playing in another room, had logged out. Guild panel confirmed that. When I went in to see her, however, she was still logged in and playing.

I re-logged but guild continued to show her offline. Only she and I were on from the guild and when I spoke in guild chat I got the “No-one hears you” message. We both carried on playing with no other noticeable problems for a while, maybe ten or fifteen minutes. She then re-logged and when she came back she was in guild again as normal.

Not seen this particular piece of weirdness before.

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

This just started back up today. Please make it stop. Its spamming me every minute on the minute. Does not happen in Lions Arch, is out of control in Divinity’s Reach.

(edited by Kitiara.2706)

Posted by: Simba Tau.5174

Simba Tau.5174

I’ve been getting this all day as well and I am not even in a guild! What is up with this?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I posted this a few weeks ago and no one ever posted on my own thread regarding this.

I had it only occur in Divinity’s Reach, I’m tarnished coast and my guild is House Ishida [Ishi]. It would be nice if you merged my older thread with this one? i tested eveyrthing as well when I posted it and no guild issues.

Merge this here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Cannot-connect-to-the-Guild-Server-2/first#post5834272

I’m also with that Voice of Tranquility [VoT] guild btw. Hi Wyse!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

bug is back while threads have still not been merged.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Having this bug. keeps going off every minute for the past 20 min. chat is working fine and I don’t see anything different with the guild interface.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

Happening to me in Lions Arch right now,
Guild is Ultra Lux [LUX] and im on the Sea of Sorrows Server.
Guild interface works fine and i just ported into the guild hall without issue as well.

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Message keeps popping up again since yesterday. Guild chat, guild hall and interface are working fine, however I’m having trouble whispering people from the guild list (right click, whisper and the name doesn’t pop up in the chat until several minutes later) and we were having trouble with our guild missions yesterday (according to our leader they failed right after starting them).

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

Happening to me as well, regardless of what guild (if any) I’m repping. Messages get spammed every few seconds unless I’m in an instance. As far as I’m aware, this isn’t resulting in any issues besides being very annoying. None of my other guildies seem to have this issue.

Posted by: Ghanima.2731

Ghanima.2731

I am getting this message now for two days, I think it started after doing guild missions. The guild chat seems normal, and access to the guild hall is unchanged. Just getting spammed with cannot connect to guild server about 2-3 times per minute.

Posted by: Dreaminspace.2638

Dreaminspace.2638

Tonight, my guild and I received the “Cannot connect to guild server” error. We received the error through out the night and while trying to participate in PvP Guild Missions. We were unable to change team members or even delete teams. Furthermore, after waiting about 30mins-45mins we were able to start our Stronghold Missions.

However, after completing our missions we received the errors again and were unable to correctly see our guild mission window. Nor could we que as a Guild Team. We received a network error this time. However we could que as a non-team.

Guild Name: Rakkenheid
Guild Tag: Rakk
Server: Gates of Madness

I submitted a bug report under this account name. There is a screenshot attached.

Posted by: Juurekas.8310

Juurekas.8310

This message has popped up in my chat every minute for the last 20 minutes. Before this, it’s been appearing every now and then within the last few days. Everything seems to be working great in the guilds I’m in / repping. I can’t see any pvp missions in the mission histories of any of the guilds I’m in, but there is one failed WvW mission from an hour ago in one of the guilds. Doesn’t really seem related in this case. :/

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This is happening a lot in wvw chats recently. I only started to notice it after the last patch that added a bunch of chat options but looks like its been happening for awhile now going by the thread.

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Got this message too, started a few days ago. Never had it before. I get the message once per minute. Guild related stuff seems to work fine.

It seemed to start after I changed character from a character inside the guild hall to another character. Relogging removed the message. Trying to replicate it after the relog failed. No message. So it happens sometimes. Good luck bug fixing

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I’m getting this now too. On and off. Sometimes it goes away for a while when relogging or unrep/rep the guild. Never had it before yesterday. Everything else seems fine.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Happens to me only in EBG in wvw.. Desert BL I don’t get the messages and I’m not getting them in PVE maps.. Soon as I go to eternal battle grounds I get the message a few times every minute or so. unrep/rerep did nothing for me as I tried that before posting here and happens on each one of my characters.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Frost Wine.4209

Frost Wine.4209

I have been having this message pop up occasionally for the last week or two. First time, it was in LA. Today it’s in Divinity Reach but not LA. I believe it started after I traveled to the guild hall and came back. Guild is Extreme Agony [AGNY], and I am on Sanctum of Rall.

Posted by: Danaj.3014

Danaj.3014

been happening to me all day

Attachments:

Posted by: Azhure Sun Soar.8420

Azhure Sun Soar.8420

been getting this message in chat for the past 15 minutes, once a minute. guild chat works fine, the guild roster looks fine.

ETA: It seems to only be happening to me in Divinity’s Reach.

(edited by Azhure Sun Soar.8420)

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I have been experiencing this, as well.

First, can you tell us if your guild looks fine? And if chat actually works, even with the message you’re getting?

Second, if you’re actually having issues (and not a false message), would you guys be willing to provide the guild name, guild tag, and server? One of our team members has been working a lot of hours on this case (thank you, Glen!) but he’s willing to look into some guild issues if he has information and as time allows. (Note, this will not be an instant fix because in some cases it requires manual intervention, so please be patient. Thanks! )

I was having this issue all day yesterday. Everything seemed to actually be fine though. I could view my guilds, go to our hall, talk in guild chat…. Just was getting the message for no apparent reason.

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

I’ve gotten this since the patch on the 23rd. randomly takes me to character select screen then click play and get the server pop up. happened at mission’s Friday had to totally relog to get guild panel to show properly after it. Had a complete dc in guild hall with the send error report pop up Saturday and then 2 more go to character select screen that day. Have 64 bit and have ran repair twice now since the 23rd both time 0 bad files found

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Same issue for me started happening yesterday. I get the message every 30s or so in WvW. Not sure if guilds are actually bugged because pretty much all of my guilds have quit since HoT :s

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Same happening to our small guild on “Gates of Madness Server”. Our guild chat works fine and we do not yet have a guild hall, but every so often it tells us we can’t connect to the guild server. May or may not be relevant, but last time I noticed it was after we did a Guild PvE bounty mission.