Cannot log in / unplayable lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: psi.6948

psi.6948

Dear ANET!

Recently i started to get more and more serious lag issues. Please note that i play for gw2 from almost the start and i did not have lag issues before that only disconnects which were server side and known on the forums.

Now i get these time windows when i cannot connect or lag out periodically. Now it is such sever that i cannot connect at all. The game starts to connect i log in, start to log in with a character, I see the city/area loading screen and then a “game could not connect to server” type error arrives and the game disconnects.

Also pvp is unplayable at those times. Sometimes the lag “only” makes your game hardly playable, sometimes unplayable but sometimes it logs me out and cannot even let back.

Please note that these errors usually arrive at “gaming” times (friday – sunday afternoons and evenings). So it seems obvious that this is tied to some scalability/ performance issue. Also these type of errors only arouse after the expansion(which I bought by the way so i would like to play it).

As i said I already played gw2 a lot and I did not have such lagging errors only once, but that period was resolved(or i thought). Apart from that I did not change my computer, have the same ISP, same home lan structure, the same open ports(i even opened more according to some guides which might needed for gw2) and have even greater bandwidth. None of these helped.

Now i write here because this starts to be annoying and hindering my ability to play.
As I can almost state that I think that the problem is not in my computer or connection(because they are unchanged and the structure of the problem points to a performance/ lacking server, bandwidth on the server side etc problem)
but it is on your side.
And because the problems are mainly at weekend/ other “gaming” times I must ask that please fix your performance, bandwidth, routing etc whatever and solve this.

Thx

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Yes, during the last 2 days I’ve had horrible lag spikes as well. All other games and internet programs work ok, so it’s something on Anet’s end.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: SilverDragon.3912

SilverDragon.3912

Same here. Logged in today to about a 3000ms ping an ability delay of 2 min. 5 min loading screens everytime i ported and chat would not even appear. And no its not my isp i called them to make sure it wasnt on my end or theirs. I could play fine when HoT launched but performance has gotten steadily worse. Then was kicked off and have been unable to log back in.