Cannot progress with Pet Seedling

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: OmNiCiDe.3459

OmNiCiDe.3459

So I was one of the people who had the bug where the cultivated seed I had from making the first back piece, was swapped with the Pet seed. Instead of waiting around for a fix, I decided to progress as much as possible.

I have the Pet seedling from combining the pet seed with the mists infused clay pot.
I have a grow lamp and I have plant food I have the heat stone.
The next step per the Dulfy guide is to go collect various objects to combine with the food/grow lamp/heat stone.

When I go to the various locations there is no option to retrieve the items I need.

Further research suggests there is a trigger for when the Cultivated backpiece is created, which I cannot create because the cultivated seed was switched for the pet seed. Personally, I would have set the trigger to whether or not a player has the pet seed/pet seedling, maybe even to check whether the pet seed/seeddling is in that characters inventory.

Please fix this somehow as I would very much like to get this backpiece as soon as possible

Posted by: OmNiCiDe.3459

OmNiCiDe.3459

This was fixed with the august 13th hotfix update, much appreciated, thanks guys

Posted by: Tansuke.3487

Tansuke.3487

This was not actually OmNiCiDe. If you have the Pet Seedling you cannot trade it, you are in the same boat as before if you had planted the Pet Seed.

Posted by: X Athena Polias X.8701

X Athena Polias X.8701

I guess they are not going to help us that got the pet seedling. So I have to use my laurels and buy everything again and either wait 7 more days to make the plates of food or buy them off the tp which are well over 1 and a half gold. I dont think that is fair. I can not progress any further until I do those things.

Posted by: Tansuke.3487

Tansuke.3487

I would just give them time Athena, I bet they are working on it right now.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Same problem here.
Got the seedling, lost the seed, cant exchange, got stuck.

Hoping for a fix soon.

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Fail of a fix, should i be submitting a support ticket so i can get my seed?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

+1 lost player that have a seedling instead of a pet seed. I’ve even advised about it before fix:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/PLEASE-READ-About-Pet-seed

Its such a fast fix anet : Check if the player have the 1st back piece, and give him a new cultivate seed. Sample as that, no profit for have “More than” one cultivated seed or pet seed anyway.

Shadowmoon.7986

Submited a ticket requesting a new seed, I will let you know if i get anywhere

Posted by: Nastoran.8519

Nastoran.8519

I also submitted a new ticket when i made the pet seedling. Hoping for a fix soon.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Stuck with a Pet Seedling here, as well.

Posted by: Bimbosito.7546

Bimbosito.7546

same here, stuck with pet seedling, submitted a bug report, waiting for answers.

Proud member of [KING]
The Dread Phantom 80 Mesmer
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: talynboi.2801

talynboi.2801

same here! Put in a bug report also and waiting. I hope they fix this soon as I’d like to start working on the new backpiece!

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

If you’re stuck with a pet seedling, my advice would be to go ahead and use this time to get the other materials in the process AFTER the Mysterious Vine. Don’t repeat any stuff from Part 1.

You can use Dulfy’s guide or the wiki to see what you need, including the steps that start from the Cultivated Seed.

I’m sure Anet will find a way for you guys to receive another Cultivated Seed.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

You can progress with the pet seedling- at least, I was able to after trying again today.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

You’d still be missing out on the [Cultivated Vine] back piece, waiting till they offer an option to still get that without having to completely remake the [Mysterious Vine] back piece.

Posted by: JasperBooh.2607

JasperBooh.2607

I’m stuck with Pet Seedling aswell, wrote a ticket, they said they are working one it, so hopefully we will have the fix by tomorrow.

Posted by: LilithCake.3259

LilithCake.3259

Hello,

Has anyone who submitted the ticket got any update reply?

I also had a pet seedling and now stuck without the cultivated seedling. At first I thought they changed the name because the update and they decided to change the name of the seed…

:-\ I don’t really want to remake Mysterious Vine (48 foxfire clusters….) and I also don’t want to spam their mailbox with the “known issue.” Just curious if there is any progress on this issue?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If however you started evolving the Pet Seed into an exotic Pet Seedling, know that you won’t be able to go back to the previous crafting process as you’ve already started crafting Mawdrey. As you won’t be able to craft the Cultivated Vine during this process, we’ll work on a way to unlock that specific skin for you in a future update.

There are important differences between these two processes as they lead to different back items (Mysterious Vine or Mawdrey), and the only way to go from one to the other is if you obtained the Mysterious Vine an then evolve it into Mawdrey. We will not issue refunds for any of the items involved in these crafting processes. Note that you can still obtain a Mysterious Seed by completing The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 story via the Story Journal on any of your characters, since this item is account bound.

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

Hello,

I also had a pet seedling and now stuck without the cultivated seedling. At first I thought they changed the name because the update and they decided to change the name of the seed…

:-\ I don’t really want to remake Mysterious Vine (48 foxfire clusters….) and I also don’t want to spam their mailbox with the “known issue.” Just curious if there is any progress on this issue?

I messaged support and got my Cultivated Seed from mail this morning

Shadowmoon.7986

Hello,

Same here, Submit a support ticket. I was asked what the approximate time I made the first backpiece. I gave the the day I did it. Got a new seed. TY NCsoft Support.

Posted by: SylarBG.6051

SylarBG.6051

Hello,

Same here, Submit a support ticket. I was asked what the approximate time I made the first backpiece. I gave the the day I did it. Got a new seed. TY NCsoft Support.

What exactly did you say? I’ve submitted tickets but still – no response ! I am stuck with the combined mats for the second exotic and the ascended one..

Posted by: mogstomp.3629

mogstomp.3629

My responses to my tickets so far have been"

Wednesday
Me – “I already combined my erroneously issued seed into a pot to make a seedling. Can I have the pot back and the correct seed?”
Ego – “Give us time, we are assessing the issue.”

Saturday
Me – “Any update? I’m really worried that I wasted a lot of time and materials on items I can’t use. I realized that I made the Attuned Grow Lamp, Chaos Infused Clay Pot and the Package of Leyline Dusted Plant Food and none of these are applicable to the seedling I have”
Draghna – “When did you combine the seed into a seedling?”
Me- "At this time. "
Metatron – “Use the NPC merchant to swap out your current seed for a cultivated seed”
Me – “I don’t HAVE that seed any more. I said it’s a seedling.”

:P No resolution for me yet.

Jim Shapiro [TFD] of the Northern Shiverpeaks