Cannot use diving goggles

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kristelm.4950

kristelm.4950

When trying to use diving goggles, it states “You cannot use this object at this time.”.

Tested with one level 80 character in both diving spots in Iron Marches, another level 80 character at Jetsam Isle diving spot in Lornar’s Pass and a level 75 character in Lion’s Arch.

(edited by kristelm.4950)

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Same problem here. I was exploring around Jetsam Island in Lornar’s Pass and found a pair of goggles, but my level 80 character got an error message saying the goggles couldn’t be used.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Yeah, same here. I found some goggles on my lvl 40 odd toon, in Plains of Ashford (Ascalon Basin), and figured maybe it was blocked because of the level. So, I switched to my 80 and still could not use them. I guess I can’t advance the achievement until it’s fixed.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Tjemmzi.7598

Tjemmzi.7598

I’m getting the same for the goggles at the top of Shattered Ice Ruins jumping puzzle (on a lvl 80). ‘You cannot use this object at this time’ when I try interact. Tried restarting the game but still got it.

Posted by: Nyoza.5971

Nyoza.5971

Same here…
First I thought this happens only if you’ve done the dive before but then I found that even for the new one I can’t use it also

Posted by: machado.9785

machado.9785

Same thing here, tried the one on Lion’s Arch with my level 80 to no avail. Same message as if was underleveled

Posted by: ampheres.4209

ampheres.4209

Same. I’ve tried a few with the same problem.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Confirmed. I have this bug on my characters too, despite all of them being level 80. Have not yet tested whether creating a new character and leveling them to 20 with a scroll will bypass it.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Confirmed. I have this bug on my characters too, despite all of them being level 80. Have not yet tested whether creating a new character and leveling them to 20 with a scroll will bypass it.

I have recently leveled some new characters. Rerolled a few times so I’m not sure which was the actual “solution” to the goggles.

But I leveled a character to about 18 the normal way, doing hearts and events and such. Decided to switch professions for that character, rerolled and used a level 20 scroll.

My level 80 characters can use diving goggles without issue.

Edit: This is a workaround, thus the quoting of the “solution.” Not feasible for anyone that doesn’t have a spare character slot or does not wish to make a new character, so I still think the bug needs to be addressed.

Posted by: Rosaflame.5496

Rosaflame.5496

Just experienced this problem in Malchor’s Leap by Sculptor’s End on my level 80 character.

Posted by: lochnessasaur.2169

lochnessasaur.2169

Running into this problem at the Cantle of the Sky part of the Hidden Garden puzzle too.

Posted by: Therserion.2798

Therserion.2798

Same problem here. Tried the on at Malchor’s Leap with a friend, both 80 (I don’t even have a <80 char anymore).

Posted by: hamster bryan.8469

hamster bryan.8469

they wont work i have come a cros alot of them

Posted by: Nele.9250

Nele.9250

today i finished Not So Secret and after that i go for diving and find out that goggles are bugged (thought just that goggles are buged ) next one in drytop after jumping puzzle also bugged… if needed ill post videos of kitten bug.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Just experienced this problem in Malchor’s Leap by Sculptor’s End on my level 80 character.

Yes, I have came across it too: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/168288/gw329.jpg

Posted by: JGirouxVB.3154

JGirouxVB.3154

Wow… I was afraid it was me..LOL !! I have had the same issue. I’m trying to get Diver achievement and I just can’t use the missing ones.. I also can not use the goggles I have already used. Anyone knows why? Anyone heard anything about it being fixed? Or if this is deliberate ?

Posted by: Hellstar.2976

Hellstar.2976

Same here as lochnessasaur.2169.

At least it is a politer message than
“Since your face is funny and looks like a little raisin you cannot use this object at this time”…

lochnessasaur.2169

For the record, after digging back and reading a few other threads, I leveled one of my lower-level characters to 11 and was able to use the diving goggles on my level 80 character. Not sure what exactly the level cutoff is since I didn’t check at lower levels, but that’s one workaround. Obviously this isn’t ideal for people who don’t have random lower level characters hanging around or any free slots. :/

MashMash.1645

For the record, after digging back and reading a few other threads, I leveled one of my lower-level characters to 11 and was able to use the diving goggles on my level 80 character. Not sure what exactly the level cutoff is since I didn’t check at lower levels, but that’s one workaround. Obviously this isn’t ideal for people who don’t have random lower level characters hanging around or any free slots. :/

Just to clarify. You mean you leveled a low level character to 11, then switched to an 80 and it worked? Did you try other higher level toons? Were they ok too? You didn’t level to 11 and then all the way up to 80 on it? You actually switched and the goggles worked?

So, in other words leveling that character to 11 unlocked the goggles on all the other characters. Interesting.

It’s like the patch relocked the goggles on all/some accounts and re-leveling up a new toon re-unlocks them all again – because as we know goggles are so confusing to new players or whatever /sarcasm

I’ll give this solution a try. I wonder what happens if you delete that quickly leveled toon? Hopefully it doesn’t re-lock the goggles again.

lochnessasaur.2169

I leveled a character to 11 and then checked back with my 80! I didn’t check on other higher-level characters but if they are account-locked now, it should hopefully stay unlocked.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A friend was having this problem also. I suggested he start a new char and level it. He used a 20 level scroll on a new char, switched to his level 80 and was able to use the goggles.

shadow.6174

Yes, it seems that googles are one of the account-wide unlocks (once you unlock with a char it becomes available to all others).

Not sure what exactly the level cutoff is since I didn’t check at lower levels, but that’s one workaround. Obviously this isn’t ideal for people who don’t have random lower level characters hanging around or any free slots. :/

Exactly that, a workaround. A stupid thing that shouldn’t be needed after all.

It’s like the patch relocked the goggles on all/some accounts and re-leveling up a new toon re-unlocks them all again – because as we know goggles are so confusing to new players or whatever /sarcasm

Yeah, sounds like that. They locked it for all accounts then they have to go through the new system in order to have it unlocked.. WTH, how stupid…

“ohh, that’s so hard to approach the item and hit F for Use, it takes away ma dear skills…” (sarcams mode off)

Posted by: InStars.5643

InStars.5643

I am getting this error too!

Edit: I fixed this problem by making a new character and using the lvl 20 scroll on it

Attachments:

(edited by InStars.5643)

Posted by: Heirex.3502

Heirex.3502

So I finally make it to the top of Not So Secret to get my last dive done and hit this bug. Mind you this is a lvl 80 with 1310 hours over the last 586 days (and one of 6 level 80s).
What a sorry piece of execution – to break something as simple as diving goggles. Anet should be refunding those of us who have to buy another character slot, just to use a level 20 scroll, just to unlock something that was unlocked 2 years ago!
kitten poor Anet. Really, kitten poor.

shadow.6174

So I finally make it to the top of Not So Secret to get my last dive done and hit this bug. Mind you this is a lvl 80 with 1310 hours over the last 586 days (and one of 6 level 80s).
What a sorry piece of execution – to break something as simple as diving goggles. Anet should be refunding those of us who have to buy another character slot, just to use a level 20 scroll, just to unlock something that was unlocked 2 years ago!
kitten poor Anet. Really, kitten poor.

Yeah, even though I have a few scrolls and even some free character slots I’m not going to do this “workaround” (yes, that’s NOT a fix, it’s a unneeded workaround), not going to spend time creating a char neither wasting scrolls just to get something that I already should be allowed to do (that never should be blocked in first place).

Posted by: Heirex.3502

Heirex.3502

Just to confirm the “kitten” workaround – I deleted a newly created lvl 31 character whom I leveled without a scroll, recreated her, used the leveling scroll (level 20), and now the diving goggles are usable across my account.
I shall patiently await the refund of my scroll from Anet + my time spent in leveling the first time around.

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

I can confirm I also have this bug.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

what’s more frustrating than having to create a new char and maybe using scrolls to lvl it up is having some hard time getting to the place where the goggle is (some places are hard to reach of the most of ppl) and then figure out that you can’t use it at all. >.<

MashMash.1645

I tested the “fix” for this and rolled a new toon – which I was going to play anyway. It works – or it did for me. I leveled her up to lvl 11 and then I could access the goggles son all my other toons. It seems the patch re-locked all previous toons and re-leveling is required to re-unlock it.

shadow.6174

It seems the patch re-locked all previous toons and re-leveling is required to re-unlock it.

It shouldn’t happen, but it seems that’s the current behavior.