Catcher Backpiece Skin Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

So I got the wind catcher skin from a the fortune scrap vendors, converted it into a pvp back piece. Then I bought the sun catcher skin and the lighting catcher skin, converted those into pvp back pieces. The problem is that only the skin from the vendor can be deposited into the pvp locker, where as the skins bought from the trading post have no option to store them into the locker. Is this a bug or?

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Anyone having this problem as well? Bump.

[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I still can’t store catcher back skins bought from the TP into the pvp locker, but only the vendor one can be deposited. This is a bug for sure.

YourFriendMarvin.4127

This is still a problem, I can’t store back pieces converted from the TP in to the pvp locker.

Posted by: Beltronz.8517

Beltronz.8517

plz fix this! This is getting annoying as I have to take longer measures to get it to another toon.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I have the same bug, same for everyone

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I have this bug too.
I have no “deposit collectible” option on the PvP Lightning Catcher.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

the wind one for scraps → superposable

lightning and sun (both from tp) → not superposable

: ((

guardiaN.1640

since this thread is already 17days old.. i wonder if anet is even reading this o.0

guardiaN.1640

problem still not fixed… so :/

/guess what? still not fixed.

(edited by guardiaN.1640)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Still on the list with the many other bugs that came about in recent game updates :\
Tracker – Living Story/Game Update Bugs

Prior to the Catcher back skins, all existing back skins were either tradeable or account bound, not both (unless the holo-wings skin acquired with jorbreakers from the merchant were also account bound, though I don’t think a single player in the game actually bought those with jorbreakers since that was 100k zhaitaffy for it to be known if they were account bound or not). This allowed there to only be one version of the back skin as well as only one space in the PvP locker for each back skin in the game; one item, one slot. So having this new item that is released in both forms with the way the system currently works, it should have been foreseen during creation that they would only have one slot in the PvP back skin gallery, but two skins.

The skin acquired from trading in Fortune Scraps is the Account Bound version and is made so to prevent players from buying the skin with scraps to then sell for gold, it is also the only version that can be deposited into the PvP Locker. As the two versions cannot be stacked with eachother, being two different items, yet both tradeable and account bound versions are desired to exist in the game, I see a couple of ways to resolve the issue.

Solutions ( difficulty rated by time and effort it might take to implement)

“Easy”: Inform (was only an option before they were made available to players)

• Simply add a note to the tradeable skin’s tool-tip that it is not PvP Locker compatible. To simply inform the players of the limitation so they can then look to acquire the different versions of the items with that in mind is the quickest and easiest way to solve the problem.

“Medium”: Duality

• Add an additional slot for the tradeable version to the PvP Locker, resulting in two slots for a single back skin appearance. A little more time and effort to implement and it solves the problem, but not in any way the ideal solution.

“Hard”: Conversion

• Upon depositing the tradeable version into the PvP Locker, the act of submitting it to being deposited tells the game to convert it into the Account Bound Version, which then deposits into the PvP Locker just as the normal Account Bound Version does. There are similar mechanics already existing in the game (transmutation, for one) that can accomplish this task, though it would be done behind the scenes. Otherwise, running a simple “if, then” would also be more than sufficient, and probably much less code:
    -Deposit item-
    IF item# = tradeable-item#
    THEN create account-bound-item
    destroy tradeable-item
    deposit account-bound-item
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

guess what? still not fixed

/AnetPriorities

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

guess what? still not fixed

/AnetPriorities

Big surprise there right.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the report. I’ll get it submitted.

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Grouch! Yes finally an answer! Thank you!