Cattlepult cowpies

Cattlepult cowpies

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

It seems that the ENTIRE “cattlepult” scenario has turned into overcooked rump roasts.
The cattle toss doesn’t happen, which means the vista launch CAN’T occur———-you can’t even interact with the “cattlepult”.

Cattlepult cowpies

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the question is does the harpy event happen? if it does then it can be used, you just have to wait for it.

1. harpy event
2. wait until the assistant goes to fetch more cows (while ignoring any disabled content warnings that flash across the screen)
3. once he is gone the “cattlepult” is suddenly interactive, and you can get to the vista

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Cattlepult cowpies

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

This is still bugged on HOD. Did the harpies yesterday, and after the last cow is launched, nothing happens, no assistant, no assistant going to get more cows, just a frozen NPC who turns into a vendor that does not work either. The catapult never becomes interactive.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Cattlepult cowpies

Posted by: AKGator.9175

AKGator.9175

Bugged on SoS as well. The harpie event completes and you get “Content Disabled” wether you interact with the NPC or the catapult. What sucks is it is the only PvE item I have left for world completion.

SoS – Tears of the Fallen (FLLN)
LVL 80 Norn Guardian
LVL 80 Slyvari Ranger

Cattlepult cowpies

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It is almost certainly not bugged, but it sure is confusing. If you get the “Content Disabled” remark, then the ’pult is being used to fire cows and we cannot use it. There are two ways to tell when the ’pult is available to reach the Vista:

1. The NPC shows the merchant icon over his head; if you don’t see that, wait.
  2. The ’pult will be in motion when in-use: you can watch the cows walk up to it, insert themselves in the back, and then get shot towards the harpy nest.

(Sometimes, it can actually be used by us during the harpy event, but more likely, it’s unavailable then and for 3-6 minutes after.)

It’s also important to stand in the correct spot: even when it’s available for use, you can get the “content disabled” message. You’ll know you are in a good spot if

• You can click on the ’pult and/or
  • Your action indicator says [Interact] rather than [Talk].

I’ve experimented with this repeatedly and it’s easy to see why so many people are confused about it so often. I’ve been on the map when 3-4 people are claiming it’s out-of-order/broken and never had trouble getting it to work…as long as I’m careful about when and where.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Cattlepult cowpies

Posted by: AKGator.9175

AKGator.9175

It is almost certainly not bugged, but it sure is confusing. If you get the “Content Disabled” remark, then the ’pult is being used to fire cows and we cannot use it. There are two ways to tell when the ’pult is available to reach the Vista:

1. The NPC shows the merchant icon over his head; if you don’t see that, wait.
  2. The ’pult will be in motion when in-use: you can watch the cows walk up to it, insert themselves in the back, and then get shot towards the harpy nest.

(Sometimes, it can actually be used by us during the harpy event, but more likely, it’s unavailable then and for 3-6 minutes after.)

It’s also important to stand in the correct spot: even when it’s available for use, you can get the “content disabled” message. You’ll know you are in a good spot if

• You can click on the ’pult and/or
  • Your action indicator says [Interact] rather than [Talk].

I’ve experimented with this repeatedly and it’s easy to see why so many people are confused about it so often. I’ve been on the map when 3-4 people are claiming it’s out-of-order/broken and never had trouble getting it to work…as long as I’m careful about when and where.

Good luck.

Thank you. I will take another look at it tonight.

SoS – Tears of the Fallen (FLLN)
LVL 80 Norn Guardian
LVL 80 Slyvari Ranger