Celebration Booster Broken?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I noticed tonight that the Celebration Booster(1H) seems to be broken with rewarding PVP track progression. The Birthday Booster could be as well but I don’t want to waste one to test it.

Normally when I get my dailies done, I make sure to wait the full 7 Minutes in a around to get the max points. I also do each of the special objectives to get the max points (with the exception of team reviver since I can’t do that with just 2 people)

Now when I do this without the booster normally, the max points i get is 535. (500 for 7minute match, and 5 points x 7 objectives) With the booster at a 10% bonus, that should reward an extra 53 points for a total of 588 give or take. (With rounding not too sure the exact number) If you look at the attached screenshot you will see that the am only getting the 535 with the booster active.

I do know when ever there is a special PVP event going on and we have the buff “Call of the Mists” or “Greater Call of the Mists”, those numbers do change to match the bonus at the end of the match and it shows the totals, but as you can see from my screenshot, this is not happening with the booster. I am fairly sure it used to work because I was using boosters a few months ago a lot but I ran low on them so I stopped. During that time though, I always saw the bonus in the total. Now I am not.

Is it actually giving the bonus and just not reporting it, or is it bugged? I tried to see if the track bar has any difference with or without, but its kind of hard to tell. I am going to try and capture the change as it happens to see if there is a difference and then post what I find. Thanks

Attachments:

Mistress Elemental.3750

Well I think I answered my own question. After getting a screen grab of the bar progressing both with and without the booster, it is clear it is adding the track progression and just not reporting it. The top bar is without the booster, and bottom is with. Maybe the bug fix is just fixing the numbers it reports.

(In case you are wondering, the one with the booster was the very end of the track so the one without the booster was a brand new start of the track and not just a overlap from the next bar)

Attachments:

(edited by Mistress Elemental.3750)

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Rank points are not reward track progress points. They progress Spvp rank, in the screen shot yours appears to be 35, if you mouse over the purple bar at the bottom of the screen you’ll see how many rank points you need to the next rank.

Direct quote from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP#Rewards :
" Reward track progress is not related to PvP rank points2. Players can only make progress on a single reward track at a time. Custom Arena / hot join progression is capped at two tiers per day, thus requiring a minimum of four days to complete."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Call_of_the_Mists effects both rank points and reward tracks. So it will show you an increase in the rank points at the end of games and more progress on reward tracks.

link to pvp rank: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Rank

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebration_Bonus only effects reward track progress. This will not grant any change to amount of rank points you receive.

Hopefully I am able to help you understand how those two things are separate

Mistress Elemental.3750

While I thank you for your input, I am not sure where you heard me say rank points. No where in my posts do I mention it and the screenshots do not show any of that. (except the rank bar itself) How you misunderstood is beyond me as I thought I was very clear I was talking about track points.

I know that rank points and track points are different and that was the point of this post. The booster specifically says “10% Bonus to reward track progress” which is why I am only showing reward track points in the screenshots. You can see in the screenshots, when it rewards the “track points” it is not adding the 10% to those numbers. (5 points should have been 6 and the 535 should have said 588) I did confirm however later it was actually rewarding the points in the progression bar itself, just not reporting it in the numbers.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Now when I do this without the booster normally, the max points i get is 535. (500 for 7minute match, and 5 points x 7 objectives) With the booster at a 10% bonus, that should reward an extra 53 points for a total of 588 give or take. (With rounding not too sure the exact number) If you look at the attached screenshot you will see that the am only getting the 535 with the booster active.

Looks like you thinking you should be getting 10% more rank points to me

Mistress Elemental.3750

Looks like you thinking you should be getting 10% more rank points to me

My sincerest and complete apologies, I now see what you are saying which is where I was confused. While it says rank points in the window, for some reason I was thinking they also used that number to add to the track points as well. I am totally wrong and again I bow down for your acceptance of my apology! I was not attempting to sound like a blank before, I honestly just was not seeing it.