Champion Loot Bag Rarity Problem

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I have two questions regarding the rarity of champion loot bags:

• First of all, I am wondering why I sometimes get ‘Masterwork loot bags’ and other times ‘Exotic loot bags’ on my level 80 character. I thought it had to do something with the amount of damage done, but it seems to be random.
  • Does a loot bag with a higher rarity (fine, masterwork, rare, exotic) have better items inside? Or are the items from a ‘Fine loot bag’ exactly the same as those from an ‘Exotic loot bag’ if the bag dropped from the same Champion?

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

Seems to me that the rarity is according to the crafting mats contained in it and not the other items. I personally have gotten an exotic weapon from a white champion bag.

I think it has to do with damage done, but if that’s the case it is indeed bugged. It varies so much in my experience.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

(edited by AngelMouse.7345)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Neither of those are bugs …

Rarity will vary if you are not in a lv80 zone.
The rarity will affect the level of the crafting materials you get out of it. Each of the rarity also has a different range for the amount of coin you can get out of them.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Neither of those are bugs …

Rarity will vary if you are not in a lv80 zone.
The rarity will affect the level of the crafting materials you get out of it. Each of the rarity also has a different range for the amount of coin you can get out of them.

Ok. I think I understand the thought behind the rarity of the loot bags now. But then I don’t understand why they would make the rarity of the loot bag match with a totally different system of crafting material levels. I assume tier 6 crafting materials are exotic bags then? What about ascended crafting materials? Also why not make the bag exotic when there’s an exotic weapon inside?

Perhaps it’s not a bug but at the very least very confusing.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Ascended materials are inside regardless of rarity.
The loot roll for things like exotics is done when you open the bag not when you pick it up. “make the bag exotic when there’s an exotic weapon inside” does not make sense since that is not known. The different rarities would likely have a different drop rate.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The loot that drops off a mob can pretty much either be tied to the mob’s level or your character’s level.

Meaning, if you are fighting champs in Queensdale the champ bags can be lower quality because of the champ’s level or they can be exotic quality because of your level.

This problem is avoided in Frostgorge because the mobs are already high level and drop exotic level bags under both circumstances.