Champion Risen Wraith -- Unfair/Unbeatable?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Falindae.6075

Falindae.6075

When the Champion Risen Wraith spawned in Shelter’s Gate Camp in Cursed Shore, it was an instant loss. I understand beefing up the mobs, but feel this is broken— We had approximately twenty people there to defend the camp, and the creature used a MASS LIFE TAP. Not only was it healing itself beyond us being able to damage it, it killed everyone within seconds, even fully ascended gear folk.

I can’t imagine how even a smaller group would be able to kill it, scaled down, as it would still have the same skills, and kill everyone within moments of coming in range. Add on the massively sized AOE DoT’s and it was impossible. An instant failure.

I feel this combination of skills for this mob unfair, and extremely frustrating. Could this please be adjusted somehow?

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Life-Transfer-Skill-on-Champion-Risen-Wraith/first#post1963037

It’s the Life Transfer skill that kills the players, as it never seems to run out/turn off until the players are dead.

Falindae.6075

+1’d that thread as well, Anon.

Posted by: harveyaddams.4951

harveyaddams.4951

Yeah, I was there. He sucked the life out of everything faster than my ex-girlfriend.

In all seriousness, even keeping Weakness on him 100% of the time wasn’t abating the life drain. I had to back off after six seconds.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’ve added another thread on the topic below, as not just the Champion Wraith has gone haywire with its seemingly permanent 1200 range AoE Life Transfer, but things like Champion (and Veteran) Chickens now shoot eggs at you with no warning for 11-22k damage a pop. It’s beyond ridiculous.

One moment the chickens come in, the next moment I’m downed instantly because the Champion Chicken apparently hit me for 34000 damage (2 eggs) and then his Veteran buddies finished me off a heartbeat later with another 45000 damage (3 eggs).

Did one of the devs accidentally add another digit to the damage output?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/The-adds-in-Orr-events-are-off-the-charts/first

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Falindae.6075

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/The-adds-in-Orr-events-are-off-the-charts/

Please refer to this link, as there are MANY, MANY complaints and quite a bit of unrest about the terrible scaling in Orr!

Posted by: Stupor.2786

Stupor.2786

The wraith is beatable; it just takes a long time and is very boring. When he does his life transfer skill he is immobile, so when you see him do it just have everyone run out of range. Long bow rangers and eles can continue plink away at him from beyond his range while the rest stand around picking their noses. Eventually he will finish his life transfer whereupon you rush in like maniacs and apply as much DPS as you can before he starts his skill again and you flee faster than Logan Thackeray facing Kralkatorrik. Rinse and repeat several times and eventually he goes down.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

That would work, except when Champion Risen Wraith arrives in the last minute while cleansing the Temple of Grenth event, because Keeper Jonez does not have the AI to flee from the wide Life Transfer range.

Posted by: FlamingMook.8437

FlamingMook.8437

^

THIS! So much this. I’ve run and reran the Temple of Grenth event chain 15+ times today. If Jonez isn’t killed by his low health pool, or the boss smashing his head in with a block of ice, or giant spiders eating him, it’s the kitten Champion Wraith that spawns at the end of this mess of an event. There is NO way to keep Jonez alive through it.

Geekfox.4267

Here’s another issue. Champion Risen Wraith easily ended Secure Warmaster Jofast’s Camp event by spawning inside the camp and destroying the supplies with its Life Transfer skills.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

A Champion Risen Wraith spawned at the Shelter’s Gate event on Blackgate earlier today and wiped out at least a dozen players in a very short time.

Anet, if you’re trying to convince people NOT to play GW2, you’re going about it the right way. Hell, even Electronic Arts dos’nt FUBAR as badly as y’all did on the 30 April patch.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

(edited by Huck.1405)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Anet you’re doing a great job at getting people to dislike this game. Does anyone at your office even play the kitten thing?
How much fun is it to see the whole shelter camp get whiped and cant do a kitten thing about it.

Posted by: Kiruata Motaki.1250

Kiruata Motaki.1250

Best is just to wait until he ends this siphon skill, dont go near, or he heals up, strike, and again go far enough.

Geekfox.4267

It’s probably faster to leave the instance and let it despawn. No reason to kill it for several minutes.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A Champion Risen Abomination in the CoE dungeon path 2, also wiped my whole team. Doing hits of up to 12,000 damage and more. Also, he hits way further than one would expect his range to be. You could be quite a distance away from him, and still get hit for massive damage. He kills most players in two or three hits.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How hard can it be to fix this… really.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

A Champion Risen Abomination in the CoE dungeon path 2, also wiped my whole team. Doing hits of up to 12,000 damage and more. Also, he hits way further than one would expect his range to be. You could be quite a distance away from him, and still get hit for massive damage. He kills most players in two or three hits.

This is not a bug, that’s the mechanic of the boss. Every time he hits someone, he gets another stack of a buff that makes him stronger. If your party lets him get 25 stacks, he’ll hit like a truck. Don’t let that happen.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)