Chapter 11: Roots of Terror Braham bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Shinghan.9265

Shinghan.9265

Hey people! Don’t know if anyone else is having this problem. I have to talk to Braham to continue the story but nothing happens. He has a green star over his head but nothing triggers. I tried moving back all the way to the beginning hoping he might reset but with no luck. Any ideas?

Posted by: Metalknuxx.1082

Metalknuxx.1082

I can’t get past this point either

Posted by: SpockYoda.1273

SpockYoda.1273

Yeah, I can’t either.

Posted by: Vera Minerva.7264

Vera Minerva.7264

Have you checked to make sure your Braham is plugged directly into a power source?

Hostile Territoy [Host]

Posted by: Sive.1597

Sive.1597

I still had this problem and I don’t see a solution here, I figured it out ! You just need to kill all the stupid mobs on the way to the big guy^^

Posted by: Khalan.3805

Khalan.3805

Not that it would help much, but i had the same problem on my second run (with sylvary) and on my way back to kill all the mobs as Sive suggested I accidently pressed the 4th skill on fire attunement of my ele staff and I backflipped back to Graham and he start talking….

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

It’s still bugged.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

Posted by: Danaj.3014

Danaj.3014

bugged out on me just now =/

Posted by: Dan.4163

Dan.4163

Yup, bugged. Ran past the mobs on my first run (troll path). Braham clearly didn’t approve and threw a sulk and didn’t want to speak to me. Clearly Anet intended for us to slog through the mobs. Awesome…

Posted by: Avexstar.6128

Avexstar.6128

Still bugged unfortunately

Posted by: hallowa.6974

hallowa.6974

i have done it on my main but on a alt its bugged

Posted by: Nicola.2375

Nicola.2375

I just ran it, it glitched. I decided to try the whole thing over, as long as Bram stays with you… go through the darkened tunnel, fight the mobs and keep him close, it should work.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just ran it, it glitched. I decided to try the whole thing over, as long as Bram stays with you… go through the darkened tunnel, fight the mobs and keep him close, it should work.

I’ve ran into the bug once or twice but that doesn’t seem to matter since every time I run it I ignore everything until I get to the point where I fight the chak. Oddly enough what does seem to cause the bug for me is waiting too long to walk over to Braham. Each time I’ve ran into it was when I had to step away for a while or I was alt+tab out and forgot about it.

Posted by: Maxhell.1920

Maxhell.1920

Still bugged. Also tried dying in multiple places and he wont budge.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Up! Still a bugged mess.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: dankdwarf.2108

dankdwarf.2108

Cannot talk to Braham near end of quest. Tried two times, going different routes. Please fix.

Khisanth.2948

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5qcx6h/roots_of_terror_bug_solution/ haven’t tested this myself since I am done with that on all characters but relevant to this thread …

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I found that the bug is almost consistent (happening 90%+) on the grub path and rarely if ever on troll or dark path. So.. yea.. try that

I did a test once, to see if it was truly path related
Did all 3 paths 30 times
result:
Dark path: 2/30x unresponsive Braham
Grub Pool path: 24/30x unresponsive Braham
Troll path: 4/30x unresponsive Braham

so yea.. statistically speaking.. the grub pool path seems the buggiest.
But if I do this 90 times, and 30/90 times, thats 33%, Braham freezes requiring a reset of the instance, can we say that that 33% of the playerbase has repeated this instance several times per playthrough?

Also, luring a chak to combat doesn’t really work, maybe once in ten times, I also tried that a few times and it rarely fixes Braham’s apathy

Khisanth.2948

They do not mean luring any random chak but the one that you fight before you are supposed to speak to the priory NPC.

Amaimon.7823

They do not mean luring any random chak but the one that you fight before you are supposed to speak to the priory NPC.

I know, did it with both

Posted by: Paxx.2158

Paxx.2158

Still bugged…

Posted by: Raezzor.9217

Raezzor.9217

Just encountered this myself. Did the grub path. Regretting getting HoT more and more every day.

Posted by: Omega.1780

Omega.1780

March 13 2017

I just did this quest four times with bug near end. Troll path twice, grubs once, water once.

I killed all mobs all the way through.

First two attempts Braham would not fight the creature. Next two attempts (trolls and water path), I kited the creature back towards Braham until it would hit him with an AoE so that he would actually do something.

In every attempt I cannot talk to Braham. I have tried running all over to see if there is a trigger point nearby but not on Braham himself. I have tried dying to the Chak army. I have rebooted, relogged, doing those four attempts over the course of two days. I guess this is it? The story journal ends here?

Amaimon.7823

Just encountered this myself. Did the grub path. Regretting getting HoT more and more every day.

I had another post on this. I rerun the instance 20 times to find out when Braham bugged out. It turned out that the grub path had 14/20 crashes. of course it could still be random, but I feel like the fact that we have to jump over the roots and rocks somehow messes up braham’s pathing

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

I don’t know if it’s a bug or if I somehow moved too far away, but I had two times the scenario where Braham decided to move back to the other group members, instead of rezzing you or going with you towards the Chak pit after the quest-Chak was defeated and the NPC died. So maybe it’s not a bug and I moved too far back when I lured the big Chaks near the point where Braham first mentioned the pit.
First time was Dark Path, second time – today – Troll Path, where he only decided to help me fighting after getting hit once or so.

Posted by: Annie.4520

Annie.4520

still bugged… can we please get this fixed? I’ve ran it twice now and both times were bugged. I don’t want to have to keep doing this to get one instance done.
-Death to Clowns

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I can confirm that switching to a different character it’s working. Just did it

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Amaimon.7823

I can confirm that switching to a different character it’s working. Just did it

isn’t that an anti-fix as returning to character select takes you out of the active instance

Posted by: Lightrebellion.2817

Lightrebellion.2817

I did this three times with my friend, and it was bugged all three times. We babied him through the level and let him hit the event chak, nothing. He actually stopped outside the cave before the chak spawn the last time. FIX THIS, ANET. There’s absolutely no reason why you can roll out exploit patches within hours but can’t fix a story instance bug that prevents progress in ONE YEAR.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

There’s absolutely no reason why you can roll out exploit patches within hours but can’t fix a story instance bug that prevents progress in ONE YEAR.

The most likely reason for not fixing a game-breaking bug like this for a year is the inability to reproduce the issue internally. This doesn’t make it any less real, but it does make it enormously more difficult for a developer to resolve … because they can’t work out what on earth causes it.

Posted by: Piczkens.3958

Piczkens.3958

The second time I played through this instance I noticed that after talk to magister my health wasnt regerating (like I was still in combat) so maybe Braham have hard time starting conversation because of combat? Dodging next to him somehow got it triggered, idk
My health started regenerating once we got back to team

Posted by: Alery.5261

Alery.5261

I did this few times and just bugged when I waiting for Braham. If you run forward and don’t wait for Braham, he will be the right place at the end. He has to see the chaks at the end to continue the conversation and if he can’t go there he will be bugged. I hope it’s helps.

Posted by: Ari.2091

Ari.2091

still broke . . . very fustrating

Posted by: LilSamii.6012

LilSamii.6012

I wonder. My guild master had this issue too.. Same with the not recieving mastery points on the last two missions. He’s a sylvari. How many of you are having this issue on your sylvari character? Could be the different storylines are glitching somewhere.

Posted by: Problematik.5317

Problematik.5317

I just ran into this bug and none of the fixes worked. What I found was if Braham is too far to the left wall of the tunnel when you initiate the Chak near the magister he will try to walk through the wall and become stuck. I was able to avoid him being stuck by engaging the chak with Braham more to the right wall of the tunnel when facing the magister, since he then has a clear path to the magister. Might not work for everyone since there doesn’t seem to be a solid fix for every situation. Best of luck!

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

I’ve just had this bug happen to me, too. I was on the troll path and did kill every enemy along the way, so that can’t be the reason for the bug. During the end fight against the one chak near the magister, Braham did not help fighting and stood too far back and once the fight was done, the game told me to talk to Braham and he had the green star over his head, but could not be interacted with.

Please, please fix this, this is extremely frustrating, especially since the bug occurs only at the very end of the instance and makes players waste a lot of their time. I’m absolutely not looking forward to retrying this if chances are high it’s just going to bug again, but I can’t continue my story without this either.

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

Bugged pretty much every single time I’ve done this (first time on each character), including 2 minutes ago.

Posted by: Chainheart.6139

Chainheart.6139

A year this has been an issue and still no fix, just wow. I’ve run this 3 times on my necro to try and get the free exotic viper in chapter 15… but no, I’m just done now… tired of having to find ways around their kittenty bugs.

Posted by: AmericanBadger.3094

AmericanBadger.3094

Wow, I didn’t think this bug would go back over a year. But I can confirm it is still bugged. Do not take the troll path Braham will get stuck and you will need to redo this all over again.

Posted by: Walec.4209

Walec.4209

Yea it’s still bugged… =/

Posted by: Sleepy.7248

Sleepy.7248

Just had this bug too. More than a year after it was first notified. Nice job there ANet.

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

Wow, I just had this bug on me. C’mon Anet

Posted by: russkal.8152

russkal.8152

Still bugged. Please fix