Character Locking in place??

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darkway.4291

Darkway.4291

I mainly play wvw etc and I continually have an issue with my characters being locked into place after I roll,after about 10-20 seconds I can then move again.In combat this is a nightmare,out of combat it’s just plain stupid.Anyone else having the same issue,it’s making game unplayable.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I’ve noticed this happening more and more for me in PvE, and it’s always after a dodge roll. I haven’t paid attention enough to see if I’m doing something like activating a skill at the same time as the roll, but it could be something like that. Regardless, it can easily make a fight go badly if you’re suddenly unable to move.

Darkway.4291

Yeah, I’ve noticed this happening more and more for me in PvE, and it’s always after a dodge roll. I haven’t paid attention enough to see if I’m doing something like activating a skill at the same time as the roll, but it could be something like that. Regardless, it can easily make a fight go badly if you’re suddenly unable to move.

Yes,always after a dodge roll,in group combat or in the middle of a zerg it means I’m just dead,while I’m locked in position I CAN cast/swing wep etc……but I just can’t move for 10 seconds or so,it’s destroying my game.Thanks for the input.

Posted by: abasedfear.6051

abasedfear.6051

I’ve noticed this issue quite a bit myself in the past year, though I was never able to pin it on any specific action – usually happens in rapid mobile combat, so I suppose dodges could have something to do with it. Typically, I use a movement skill or a dodge roll to break out of the lock.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, a dodge roll is always what breaks me out of the lock, but there always seems to be a period of time (5 seconds, maybe more) where nothing will work.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

/sit will fix it

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve been plagued with this problem on and off for years, but had a decent break from it for a few months, then just in the past month or so it started happening again. It’s so debilitating, especially in HoT. Often time, my cursor completely locks or disappears too, making the game unplayable.

I’ve tried all kids things on my end and i’m convinced the problem lies with the game, since this issue only occurs in gw2. For me, i don’t know what causes it, but often it happens when I load into a new map, i can’t move for ages. But it happens randomly at anytime, when i’m just running around (not dodging, fighting or anything) just running along.

On a side note, for about a month now as well, my loading time has quadrupled. I got fast SDD and used to load really fast, now it’s as slow as.

Darkway.4291

I’ve been plagued with this problem on and off for years, but had a decent break from it for a few months, then just in the past month or so it started happening again. It’s so debilitating, especially in HoT. Often time, my cursor completely locks or disappears too, making the game unplayable.

I’ve tried all kids things on my end and i’m convinced the problem lies with the game, since this issue only occurs in gw2. For me, i don’t know what causes it, but often it happens when I load into a new map, i can’t move for ages. But it happens randomly at anytime, when i’m just running around (not dodging, fighting or anything) just running along.

On a side note, for about a month now as well, my loading time has quadrupled. I got fast SDD and used to load really fast, now it’s as slow as.

Your issue’s seem even worse than my own,sorry to hear that. I’ve just logged out of the game having had yet another locking issue,mid-fight and the result was death……again (only been playing for 10 mins),so that’s it for me,I’m pretty much done with the game for now,as far as wvw or pvp goes,this glitch/bug/hack ???? is disastrous,it’s presently unplayable.