Character Position is not saved [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: shintao.6392

shintao.6392

After 23/2/2016 patch the position of my characters isn’t saved when i log them out. When i relog on the character it will be at the position where they entered the map.
Quite annoying…

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Can confirm, getting constant position “rollbacks”.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: shintao.6392

shintao.6392

Quick workaround: Enter WvW and exit it again, this will save your current position.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Having this problem as well. Even after I go out and farm a few nodes when I log out and back in later it puts them back to the original location.

This and constant crashes when I change to any other character in Cursed Shore to do a bit of node farming.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Other people reporting this in /map and /say too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Thanks everyone for the reports, we are looking into this now.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Quick workaround: Enter WvW and exit it again, this will save your current position.

Good idea; seems to work. Probably won’t help if you DC, mind.

Posted by: Odello.1259

Odello.1259

Looks like a bug where u stuck at same location after relog

Posted by: Babydoll.4976

Babydoll.4976

I have this issue but i’ll log out and when I log back in I am in a place I was at about 5 minutes before logging out. I thought it just meant the place became contested or something but when I check on the map, it won’t be contested.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

This has been an issue for quite some time.. if you are out of bounds, or in a position that might be considered questionable, you end up at a defined map “Start.”

The way around this is to not use “character select” but to exit the game completely, restart, then select the next character you wish to play.

I believe it started around the time that the new LA appeared.

Posted by: Satoog.4971

Satoog.4971

me as well – doesn’t matter where you are on logout, you will go to the initial zone waypoint on re-entry.

Satoog

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I was being moved every time but it was back to the spot I logged in on. Not at the beginning WP.

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

This happened to me tonight as well. I logged in shortly after reset and cycled several chars through the “tree temple” in Malchor’s Leap. There was an ori node above the nearby waterfall, near the JP, and I logged out there. When I came back a couple hours later, I got a “bad game data” dialog, chose not to allow the repair tool to run, logged in and found all my characters’ position had reset to where they were when I logged in after reset. NOT a nearby waypoint.

After logging into each one of them and then restarting the game, the game data error dialog was gone, and the positions “stuck” where they should.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Same problem for me this morning (UTC+1). The position of my character in Malchor’s Leap was reset to where I started yesterday evening. At the end of the evening I died foolishly to more NPC’s I could handle so I WPed to the Pagga’s Post to repair my armour. This morning I started almost next to the cluster of Cypress Saplings, armour fully repaired.

I think my character at the flax farm at Jakka Itzel WP started where I left it yesterday, but that was probably close to where it started that day. I will test my other characters.

A hour later: I don’t see a problem with my other characters. They started where I left them yesterday.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

(edited by Rose Solane.1027)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Marigold.2167

Marigold.2167

I have the same issues for quite a while now but since the last update it got significantly worse. I am stuck with every single character (35 characters) at the last location before the update. Using another computer doesn’t change this. Farming and/or doing events doesn’t seem to help but the only thing that seems to work is entering WvW every time. Thank you for this tip!

Posted by: Rebellion.1249

Rebellion.1249

Im porting back to the last waypoint used every time when i log out or swap characters

Posted by: Elyssa.8307

Elyssa.8307

Relogging places my character at the previously used waypoint.

Posted by: insanelyapple.2870

insanelyapple.2870

That problem seems to affect not only the character location but also Inventory; I was salvaging loot in DR I’ve got from pvp chests and I did deposit stuff that pop – then, network error happened, game kicked me out to character screens and when I log in again – I landed at DR’s Queensdale entrance with loot again in my Inventory.

Posted by: Mevic.7489

Mevic.7489

Posted by: Nesessitas.4367

Nesessitas.4367

I have same problem… My blood is boiling by rage

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Yep, same thing here. And it’s NOT an old bug, we’re talking about a different thing here.

Posted by: SteelBlue.4183

SteelBlue.4183

Situation still occurring. Reported bug in game a few times. Problem has repeated itself on all restarts. Character appears in different location than when game was exited. Progress of game, items earned in game seem to remain on account, but location is reverted back to previous area. Getting very frustrating.

Posted by: SnowMochi.7602

SnowMochi.7602

I can confirm that this has been happening to my characters ever since the patch went live yesterday.

Posted by: Oneeyedowl.6859

Oneeyedowl.6859

Same problem here. I have encountered this serious problem. My characters are changing their positions after logging to game – usually to last Waypoint they were teleported before loging out, or to positon they were, when I log in yesterday.
This is quite problematic and annoying situation and I hope, that this bug will be quickly eliminated.

(edited by Oneeyedowl.6859)

Posted by: Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Same problem since the patch

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Aye, still occuring this evening. EU/UK

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Happens a lot to me randomly as well, with what other people have said but as well when I go into someplace like wvw then guild hall right after that, if I try and exit the guild hall and go back to pve, I’ll end up in Lions Arch like 50% (not sure actually percentages but it feels like a fair amount) of the time. Or say head into pvp lobby then into wvw and log out from wvw. If I log back in and am in the pvp lobby if I exit the lobby to get back to pve I’ll end up in Lions Arch almost every time, and any combination of pvp/guild/wvw order if I go into two of those, one right after another and then log out and come back in later and try route back to pve I’ll most of the time end up in Lions Arch. Doesn’t look like from what I can tell, matters what map or place I’m in, in pve. Been all over when this does happen and when it doesn’t.

Posted by: Danzaiver.1742

Danzaiver.1742

the same here is very annoying

Posted by: kimtingen.6472

kimtingen.6472

It looks like it’s fixed

Posted by: Bellando Mara.1285

Bellando Mara.1285

Just logged in and it transfered me back at a other point i thought it was fixed?

Posted by: Zeratul.1598

Zeratul.1598

relogging place my character at the waypoint in the lowest level area of a zone. what could be considered the entry area for the zone.