Character Slot Expansion in Gem Store - received more than one

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: doctorfaust.9361

doctorfaust.9361

Shortly after head start day I bought an extra character slot in the gem store. I now have 8. If we started with 5, then that means I somehow received more than one slot. (I honestly didn’t pay attention to how many slots there were to start with but I’m guessing it was 5 like the betas – unless purchasing the DDE grants more to start.)

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

There was also issues with character slots not resetting properly between the betas and release.

During the stress tests after the last BWE, I bought 3 character slots. When these got activated a day later, it gave me 5 character slots. I reported both the delay, and then the extra slots at the time.

At release, my account began with 10 character slots (reported to support), and I didn’t initially realise that the number hadn’t changed for everyone, so I made my 8 characters (one per class). It was only when talking with guild members that I realised what had probably happened, and that the extra 5 were a left-over of the bugged purchase of 3 slots in the stress test.

I still don’t know whether the extra 5 slots are going to be reset/removed. Since I wanted 8 slots for one of each profession, this leaves me as unsure whether to buy 3 character slots now (taking it to 13!) just to ensure that I don’t lose 3 characters if the issue is corrected – I have the gems set aside for it if I need to (as bought during the stress test because I knew I’d want 8 slots to start with). I tried asking support…but while I was thanked for reporting the issue, I got no resolution of the question for whether the additional slots would be being removed, or were safe to use.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: BooBeeInc.5943

BooBeeInc.5943

This happened to me today. Bought my first character slot expansion and when I backed out to character selection it showed that I had 4 new character slots.

Posted by: Crim.4750

Crim.4750

For the record, I want to add that this happened to me as well. I just purchased one character slot, logged out to character selection and found I had received two. Pleasant surprise if I do get to keep it. If not, I’m still happy since I got what I paid for.

Posted by: Clarity.7281

Clarity.7281

yeah i wasn’t sure about mine either, wasn’t sure if intended or not. was waiting for the support forums to ask.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Yeah, we had 5 slots in the beta.
At headstart launch I somehow had 7 slots on my account (Collector’s Edition).

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Rebur.5698

Rebur.5698

Yes I experienced this myself. When the game went live without even checking because they were supposed to be reset I bought 3 character slots to get up to 8 to and when I got back to character select screen I had 10 slots.

Posted by: Konrad Quest.7496

Konrad Quest.7496

I’m also having this issue. I’ve filed a support ticket for it a week ago, but still haven’t gotten a reply. I’ve bought 2 more slots, but have ended up with having 10. I believe I’ve bought three slots during the betas (with the free gems).

Posted by: Ashford.4568

Ashford.4568

I also experienced this and had no luck getting an official response explaining it. One common factor seems to be purchased slots during the beta weekend events, which is true for me. Could be wrong though.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Lucky! Message Body length must at least be 15.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Is it safe to buy slots atm? I intend to spend my gems on it.

Posted by: Rebur.5698

Rebur.5698

Is it safe to buy slots atm? I intend to spend my gems on it.

Yeah you can buy. The problem we were discussing was we bought some either during BW3 or later and that they didn’t reset like they were supposed to.

Posted by: Keruvinde.5379

Keruvinde.5379

I have this issue was well. I purchased 3 slots during headstart but I have 10 character slots instead of 8. I sent a support ticket asking if this was going to get fixed or something so I dont make characters there. That was august 31st….still waiting XP

Posted by: CTzar.8542

CTzar.8542

I too just bought a character slot and ended up with an extra slot. 7 instead of 6. I did buy at least one during beta if that is a common factor, but I don’t remember how many.

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

ANet already gave a statement about the extra slots (from beta and buying 1 you get another 1 or 2 for free). They said that it’s yours to keep. So enjoy you lucky @($), just kidding, I just envy you guys.

Crossing-fingers: Still hoping to get at least 1 free slot :p

Link? You have to find it, I don’t bookmark links for that purpose as “evidence”.

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge