Character causing mapwide lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Seka.5647

Seka.5647

Literally what the title says. After the Feature pack my human warrior (out of 15 chars) causes EVERY map it is in to lag. And this lag AFFECTS EVERYONE. All other characters are fine. Also it’s nothing from MY side, because if it would be that would mean this issue would be with all chars.

I’ve tried to contact support – but they’re not really being helpful. (They miss understood the character causing map-wide lag to having only personal lag issues which would not affect others)

Been confirmed with 40-50 minutes long Tequatls and triple trouble wurms, lots of map jumping – dungeons and as well spvp/wvw.

I’d reguest if one of the Anet staff could log into the EU servers and check this out. (suggested it in support email – got completely ignored)
I would record it but I would need outside help to show how it actually affects a completely random person in the map I’m in, but I don’t have such help at the moment.

What I could do right now – Jump into WvW into EB for an hour to show how it literally affects everyone from Deso, Seafarer, Baruch bay. – And this will affect in a lot of QQ in forums/reddit.

Please I’d request immediate help. As it does not seem to be only me – there is at least 1-2 other people with the same problem but maybe not realizing it themselves.

Edit* http://www.twitch.tv/gw2community/c/5173136 is one of the wurm runs done with the lag explained above.
Edit* This char is also my main that I’ve played couple thousand hours on, crafted stuff (500 AS/WS) and had hundreds of skins aswell, including a small collection of consumables. I have feelings for this character so I refuse to delete it, especially because of something that just went wrong with feature pack and my characters data.

I am the first Chronomancer and God of Lag.

(edited by Seka.5647)

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

I am in EB right now and can confirm that the lag has leveled up since Seka started posting in map chat. My Necro couldn’t even get his Staff AA of.
The lag resembles what I would get during a three way in SM only that there is none.

edit: Just waited about 70 seconds for an expired Righteous Indignation to actually make the Tower Lord vulnerable again. I hope someone will post a video.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

Posted by: Hyrkul.9308

Hyrkul.9308

Two Big server like Deso and SFr need Better perfermance in EB serveur… HUGE LAG SKILL

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

Please don’t fix this. It is the most fun I’ve had in a while ;D

Posted by: psydrome.1468

psydrome.1468

Can confirm…. When Seka was in our map we all had some huge skill lags.
Coincidence or not?

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Yep we have just tested with him going in/out of the maps and everything is bjorked with him there.

Fix this dude plz?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

My goodness. If this isn’t a troll post, this guy can single-handedly wreck entire servers in wvw o.o

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Posted by: shawnyckz.2479

shawnyckz.2479

Can confirm, if Seka enters our Teq/wurm maps on her warrior we end up with lag that makes the event last 3 times as long :P

Mouséy – Guardian & Mouse Was Taken/Magnanimouse – Ele
Guild Leader of Tyrian Elite Unit [TEU] & Team Leader @ gw2community.com

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

I can also confirm this, if she’s in a map on her warrior, you can pretty much not do anything. Then, if she switches to a different character(or just goes to a different map), the server starts to catch up and everything is sped up 5×. Video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94WAwN_BTs

Posted by: perki.2079

perki.2079

Can confirm that this is true, we have experienced few incredibly laggy Tequatl and Wurm runs, each with Seka in the map – that got us to suspect it might have something to do with it. Tested it out later, with her jumping in and out of the map, which literally made lag go away and come back.

Annuri
Guild Leader of Draco Venantium[DV] – Gandara

(edited by perki.2079)

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

My goodness. If this isn’t a troll post, this guy can single-handedly wreck entire servers in wvw o.o

It’s a girl.
This is not a troll post.

Please don’t fix this. It is the most fun I’ve had in a while ;D

They won’t, it’s Anet we’re talking about, right?
Same amount of bugs and testing as on an average MMO freeshard.

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

This is confirmed, atm I’m uploading a video I will post just here when it is ready about the issue. I personally ask him to leave the map and rejoin to show the lag appear and dissappear when he does. Already sent to Anet

antonbalboa.7280

Video will be up in 15 min from now in the following link:
http://youtu.be/A2rrMQv_yao

Cheers

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Wouldnt i have seen the video above, I wouldnt believe it xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Seka.5647

You can invite me in-game and I can show you how it is.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Video will be up in 15 min from now in the following link:
http://youtu.be/A2rrMQv_yao

Cheers

What did I just see.
Is he a wizard?

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

Can confirm this. Everything has begun lagging when Seka joined our map.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Do you have anything unusual in your inventory? Maybe it’s a strange bug with the way your traits are interacting together?

I’d narrow it down as much as possible. Eliminate any inventory items as a possibility by unequipping all gear and banking it, then do your map tests.

Same with traits. Write down exactly what traits you have slotted, try removing them all, and test.

If you notice the lag disappearing after doing one of these, then we can start narrowing down what it might be.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Seka.5647

Done literally everything – nothing helps with it, also I’m in contact to another person with the same issue atm.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

It does look like you’re genuinely the source of the lag.
My first thought was perhaps an obscure item is the cause but as you’ve said you tried looking into that.
The other possibility I can think of is that in the recent update some characters data got messed up slightly and the server is trying to fix it but can’t leading to it pouring large amounts of resources at the character. I would think there’d be some fail-safe in place though preventing any one person using more than a set amount of resources.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Kenogu.3640

Kenogu.3640

Could have to do with a specific piece of equipment or trait, something that would either cause the server or all clients to perform unnecessary processing to handle. For example, if a boon keeps refreshing itself once every frame, that’s a server-side check that’s continually being performed.

Posted by: Jack.5012

Jack.5012

Ok so this just happened to the LA instance I was in, and Seka explained in map chat about this thread, so I thought I’d post what occured in this particular map while she was in it/after she left.

While she was in it, skills were delayed, interactions with npcs were delayed, using a waypoint was NOT delayed at all, dodge rolls were also instant, movement of other players was bouncing backwards and forwards. Minis were hidden.

Then when she left, skills went mad, they were casting almost instantly, animations were completing before the casting bar reached half way and just cancelling the rest of the bar, crafting apparently also went a little loopy according to other players in map chat, however all players remained bouncing backwards and forwards whilst moving. Minis were usable.

Gunnar’s Hold Guardian Jackary

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Hm. Have you tried going into a home instance? It would segregate you from every single player, since you’d be in your own personal instance. Might reset something on your character. Worth a shot, if you haven’t tried that yet.

Also, another thought, do you have any custom chat channels set up on that character that you don’t have on your others? (Really, I’m trying to think of literally anything here that could be different and affecting you strangely.)

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

Was in the map with Seka, when she informed the map about the topic.

The lag caused by her just being there was unreal, at first I thought it was myself, so restarted the game, and got chucked back into the same map.

She asked me to check my mini’s, so I went to a location by myself pulled one out, and instantly it go hidden, which almost never happens apart from being in crowded areas.

She then switched characters, and the lag almost instantly disappeared.

Posted by: Ranor.5261

Ranor.5261

As hilarious as this is, it’s a serious issue that needs to be looked into.

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

We’re looking into the situation.

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

This Time Stop is a very unusual “power” to have, but I can understand it must be troublesome to have! I hope they fix it soon

Btw Talon, could we know the reason that made this happen, after it has been fixed? As a software developer, I’m very curious to know what kind of huge loop triggered this.

antonbalboa.7280

I bet this issue is related with any trait or object the OP has. A trait that is triggering something like infinite calculations (maybe divisions by 0?) or some kind of exception that is launched everytime in the loop.

Maybe the OP has some object from the beggining of the game, and the patch overwrited some reference or action and it’s failing because of that.

And as the OP said, he knows more people with the same issue, it can also be something like the character data has been corrupted (or a part of it) so the server does not know how to handle it

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Ban Seka.5647, problem solved.

Seka.5647

Sigh, not considering the fact something in the feature pack caused something to go wrong on only 1 character of mine, which is nothing I caused myself?
*Also I’ve used roughly 100 euros on this account aswell ._.

antonbalboa.7280

Sigh, not considering the fact something in the feature pack caused something to go wrong on only 1 character of mine, which is nothing I caused myself?

He’s just trolling you, of course it is not your fault, dont worry about that, they will fix it or give you a solution

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

I think at the very least she should get a free character name change to Destroyer of Worlds

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

GJ even catching this OP! Lag and general bug’s have certainly increased since the patch. I don’t recall ever having the client crash so often. Even on load screens the game hangs and I have to kill the process. Hopefully they’ll find something now to fix this.

TY for bringing this to everyone’s attention.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I hope you can give us some info about what’s causing this once you have it fixed; doubly so if it really does turn out to be unique to Seka!

Usually these really bizarre problems have the most interesting explanations. Looking forward to finding out about it!

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

New meta confirmed. 10/10 build.

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We just found Neo from the Matrix.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I really can undestand how Anet support is not helpfull. I made a ticket with map wide lag, I pasted video there I recorded. If they would watch it at least once they would not respond me its my PC or connection problem.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They said they are looking into it. Now it’s just a matter of simply waiting till they find what is causing this. It certainly is one of the most bizarre bugs I’ve ever seen in the game.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I think it is more widespread than 1 person. That, or there are a myriad of odd things going on (probably a combination). Like the issues recently where you hit skills and they just don’t even try to activate.

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Behold! Desolations new SUPERWEAPON!

SFR shall crumble under the weight of crippling mapwide lag! SM fights shall last to infinity.

Don’t mess with us!

<3 Mkkoll

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

If this is really a situation caused by a single character, please have a dev tell us something about the technical background. I’m most curious about this.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They actually banned him xD

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

antonbalboa.7280

They actually banned him xD

They didn’t they are working on it but fixing it, so she will get it back again when its fixed, and I bet they will compensate her with something

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

That´s it guys and gals! Chronomancer confirmed!!! =D

Jokes aside, kudos to Seka for bringing general attention to this issue.
I´m really curious what caused this as well, but I doubt a-net will be releasing any information about it until it has been fixed 100%. If it´s replicable, it would be the ultimate tool for any troll lurking out there for sure.

one bug to rule them all

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Le gasp! Timelord, is it you, Doctor?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Lol this is so funny :o And indeed i’m incredible curious how a bug could cause this insane lag behavior.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

“Seka”: they tell me to update forum thread, but ha i cant even log into forums

GG mods, And they’ve suspended her account, not banned her.

Posted by: karakurt.8690

karakurt.8690

I am pretty curious about solution/answer maybe there are another players like you and they don’t know.Bah… so curious

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

Indeed…To the dev please let us know what is it. I am really curious too