Character causing mapwide lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I think it is more widespread than 1 person. That, or there are a myriad of odd things going on (probably a combination). Like the issues recently where you hit skills and they just don’t even try to activate.

True, I have noted recently that my skills keep failing to trigger, even those with no cast time at all.

And yeah, as a programmer and such I’m also curious to know what could have caused that, but surely they won’t release any info or they would do only when it’s 120% fixed.

I think at the very least she should get a free character name change to Destroyer of Worlds

We just found Neo from the Matrix.

Just loled at these and +1 to them xD

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Secret Chronomancer class?

I’m going to assume the OP has done a -repair on their DAT file?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Secret Chronomancer class?

I’m going to assume the OP has done a -repair on their DAT file?

It’s only one of her characters doing it, out of the 15 she has. So, it’s not something with her game data, otherwise it would be happening on all of her characters. It’s something on the server side too, otherwise it wouldn’t be affecting literally everybody else on the map that she’s on at any given time.

(I’m using “she” here because I heard someone state Seka was female. Could be wrong though.)

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

Yeah…its happening again right now in our bl… its nearly unplayable at times.. reeeal annoying now.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Posted by: perki.2079

perki.2079

Hey everyone, as Seka is not able to log in at the moment, her account is not accessible while the issue is trying to be solved. She asked me to post this for her:

Please if you’re having these lag issues that feel similar to mine or you feel like the lag is always around when youre on one character of yours, do this 1. Go through all of your characters, map them into LA or to some not so populated PvE map or spvp hotjoin match. 2 If you receive the message “miniatures have been hidden due to rising population” after 5-20 secs of mapping in on one of your characters, waypoint to other maps and see if the message follows you → if it does → 3. Write reply to this post and write a support ticket ASAP with link to this post.

Annuri
Guild Leader of Draco Venantium[DV] – Gandara

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

“Seka”: they tell me to update forum thread, but ha i cant even log into forums

GG mods, And they’ve suspended her account, not banned her.

He can’t play.. so what’s the difference?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Free Seka or Riot !

#freesekaorriot

shadow.6174

Lol guys, I believe their (his/her :P) account was just put in hold until they figure out what’s going on. No reason for protesting against the suspension or what else. They will be back so soon the investigation is done and the issue known.

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

I feel that 1 precursor of every Legendary, 1000 Black Lion Tickets and 10k gold is a fair compensation to Seka for the inconvenience of having her account suspended for a few days.

Seems reasonable no?

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

As a player from baruch bay, this is frustrating in the borderlands… Reset the tournament! (Not gonna happen xD)

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I feel that 1 precursor of every Legendary, 1000 Black Lion Tickets and 10k gold is a fair compensation to Seka for the inconvenience of having her account suspended for a few days.

Seems reasonable no?

As well as one precursor of choice to every player in the game, for having to deal with such a strange, hampering issue.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Seka.5647

Seka.5647

Apparently it was a guild related issue – but nothing from my side. Still sounds a bit hilarious and odd and not exactly sure what it was, but oh well. I did get a heroic chest tho .. not that I would really like the skins but at least I got a new armorset unlocked without using gems for it

I am the first Chronomancer and God of Lag.

(edited by Seka.5647)

shadow.6174

Well, good to hear they gave some compensation, even though it could be not a big thing. Now I’m even curious to know what was the issue. Guild related issue? If so I suppose that one of your chars were representing a guild while your others weren’t? I can’t understand how it would be guild related, but well, I don’t know how things are on backstage. Glad to see you are back at least.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Maybe due to the guild unifying chapters, the megaserver tech maybe has some undesired effects… anyway yes september’s feature pack stunk, I never had a crash from an unloading tp prior to the new tp…

Only in online games is sound faster than light…

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Apparently it was a guild related issue – but nothing from my side. Still sounds a bit hilarious and odd and not exactly sure what it was, but oh well. I did get a heroic chest tho .. not that I would really like the skins but at least I got a new armorset unlocked without using gems for it

Hey, I want to personally thank you for tracking down that it was something with your character. I noticed an issue with a map you were in and literally minutes later someone pointed me to your post. I tracked it down to it being an issue with some data in your Guild being out of sync with one of your characters, and it also helped us find that several hundred other Guilds were also affected by this issue. We fixed these other guilds after we fixed yours, which should (hopefully) fix lag issues for hundreds, if not thousands of other players.

This bug has been around for quite some time, so it could have been causing people grief for the past year. It also can be less noticeable for some, and much worse for others (which you found out). Sorry about the inconvenience!

Thanks again,
-Bill

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

So was this part of the update on the 9/30? If so then there goes my hope that fixing that would fix the strange lag/skills not activating, but that was a really good catch, and a strange bug!

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

No, the changes we made to fix this were ~10-12 hours after the build went out. The WvW/World Boss large battles are still going to have lag across the entire map, so i don’t expect that to go away, but hopefully improve.

-Bill

SRG.3607

She deserves a new exclusive title in her hero panel, “Seka, huntress of very rare bugs” !

Posted by: Dimos Avergis.1864

Dimos Avergis.1864

Seriously, she deserved at-least a 2nd Heroic Chest and 2kgems or so..

I mean, she did a huge chunk of this important job/bugfix!

#SekaSavesTheDay
#SekaTitelInc
#BughunterSeka

Attachments:

(edited by Dimos Avergis.1864)

shadow.6174

Hey, I want to personally thank you for tracking down that it was something with your character. I noticed an issue with a map you were in and literally minutes later someone pointed me to your post. (sip)

Thanks again,
-Bill

Ah now it makes some sense how it would be related to guilds. Thanks for the explanation and thanks to all devs who worked on smashing that bug . Also Seka deserves a good reward and big thanks for helping to find it. Yes, just a Heroic Chest doesn’t do it fair for finding and having to deal with such bad bug xD. *cheers*

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Wonder if there are more people with the same issue running around at borderlands. Since feature patch is can be SO laggy even when there are no zergs clashing around.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Bill, it’s unclear to me from your last response if this fix is already live or not. Can you please confirm? Was this a server side fix or will it require a new build?

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

This is a tell I will never forget.

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

Gonna throw this out there – its not just seka,

ive had to come out of the borders due to it happening again. Im sure its not just her that has the ‘bug’ – not sure what the actual cause is but its happening not just on the t1 match up, reading in map chat its happening to the other match ups. and ‘its worse since the patch’

I’m hoping that its just one of those silly bugs that looked fixed (i know the feels – made a custom rom that keeps bugging my phone -.-’)

seems strange that its happening/being noticed more since this season started. Tis odd.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

SRG.3607

Bill, it’s unclear to me from your last response if this fix is already live or not. Can you please confirm? Was this a server side fix or will it require a new build?

It is very clear :
- the patch is live (since 10/12 hours after last update)
- the patch was server-side only
- no need for a new client build

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yeah it’s already out, I was trying to verify that with my question, and hoping that maybe it wasn’t yet in case it could fix the skills not activating, etc.

But those issues occur without large battles on the wvw maps as well so the issues I, and others, have seen the past month aren’t related to this bug, but still glad this was fixed.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The OP deserves a paycheck or something
Epic find, finally I understand my fps drop/lag issues of the last month and why they are now gone.

shadow.6174

The OP deserves a paycheck or something
Epic find, finally I understand my fps drop/lag issues of the last month and why they are now gone.

Agreed hehe.